There's a subtitle error in the video "Air Conditioner Makes PC go Burr".

I don't know if they make changes after the fact, but at at 4:23 Brian says "it's actually soldering to the vice" but the title says "it's actually solded to the pipe" which doesn't make much sense as that's what they wanted.

Those subtitles are auto-generated by YouTube. Nothing LTT can do about it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Also at 14:00 Alex says "It might be easier to spoof the signal" and the subtitle says "it might be easier to spook the signal"

15:08: Alex says "Willy" not "Belly"

25 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I don't believe they are, if they were it would be have been indicated. See the toast notifications between a random YouTube video and Linus. The black subtitles go away when there's the stylized subtitles.

Screenshot_20211206-005300_YouTube.png

Screenshot_20211206-005431_YouTube.png

Maybe they are? Alex says a "Cinebench run" and the subtitles says "a cinnamon Tron" at 15:52

28 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

1 hour ago, InadequateComputerUser said:

Maybe they are? Alex says a "Cinebench run" and the subtitles says "a cinnamon Tron" at 15:52

Yeah, if you've ever watched Hardware Unboxed, they actually sell shirts based on the way CC misspells their channel's name.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hardwareunboxed/status/1234421640676528128

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

*Hammer on Box has entered the chat*

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

There are already threads about this. Virtually all their videos have mistakes like this.

LTT posts their own subs with the videos and it seems like they are using a transcription service who knows little about technology and often doesn't take things in context. Whether this service is automated or human is unknown. But you would think someone could take a few minutes to proofread the subs before posting the video.

This video still has subs from an old version of the script:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1389030-one-of-techlinked-videos-shows-unrelated-political-news-in-subtitles/?do=findComment&comment=15106295

2 hours ago, dilpickle said:

LTT posts their own subs with the videos and it seems like they are using a transcription service who knows little about technology and often doesn't take things in context. Whether this service is automated or human is unknown. But you would think someone could take a few minutes to proofread the subs before posting the video.

Those subtitles are automatically generated by Youtube.

This video still has subs from an old version of the script:

I believe after that particular video was uploaded it was edited using Youtube's editor to remove a section of the video. Youtube for whatever reason didn't update the automatic subtitles after the video was edited so the automatically generated subtitles for the removed section, which were generated when the video was first uploaded, remained in the video.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

There are already threads about this. Virtually all their videos have mistakes like this.

Oh another thing

The subtitles usually take 24 hours to show up on the video (24 hours after uploading the video that is), as when I first watched this video there weren't any subtitles

If the one man show that is Technology Connections can have proper subtitles I don't know why LTT can't, especially when most of their stuff is scripted.

1 hour ago, InadequateComputerUser said:

If the one man show that is Technology Connections can have proper subtitles I don't know why LTT can't, especially when most of their stuff is scripted.

Oh, someone who also watches Alex! Nice.

He may be a one man channel, but he makes like 2 videos a month a most (No effort november doesn't count)

Whereas LTT pumps out videos every 2 days

- thread cleaned and locked -

As linked above, there's a thread on this already and it's still active, stay civil and we won't lock it like this one.

Also, PLEASE, don't reply to posts that violate the Community Standards, report and move on, quoting someone that violates the CS means your reply will also be removed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !