What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

Yeah its beautifull

-my favourite Brera-

is it your car? if not, what car do you own?

Not gonna drive for the next 2 years, but when i do i know what i'm getting (not exactly that model but whatever volvo i can find from around that era when i'm looking to buy)

36643.jpg

Good choice bro :D

Had a Volvo V40 4T [1996, 2.1L Motor, 200HP] which "died" after almost 500k km and now I got a C30 T5 R-Design 2011 [2.5L Motor, 230HP and all the bells and whistles :D]

Volvo > all :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

is it your car? if not, what car do you own?

unfortunatly its not mine.

This particular car was reviewd by a car channel.

I saw an exact same 159 for sale, not even that expensive.

I dont own a car my selft yet, im still looking for one.

I need to wait till 18 before i can get a car my self.

Currently im only allowed to drive with my dad sitting next to me as coach, this is a new experiment in the Netherlands.

We can get our license with 17 right now, But then you need to drive 1 year till you get 18, with a coach next to you.

Wenn you are 18, you are alowed to drive allone to whatever you want lol. :)

So yeah im currently unfortunatly have to drive a Mercedes S-class.

There are a few cars that i realy like.

- Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV.

- Alfa Romeo 159 TI SW

- Alfa Romeo GT

But also some other makes.

In terms of looks and styling, i realy like italian cars, they still look better then a Golf lol.

However its still hard to choose somethimes.

unfortunatly its not mine.

This particular car was reviewd by a car channel.

I saw an exact same 159 for sale, not even that expensive.

I dont own a car my selft yet, im still looking for one.

I need to wait till 18 before i can get a car my self.

Currently im only allowed to drive with my dad sitting next to me as coach, this is a new experiment in the Netherlands.

We can get our license with 17 right now, But then you need to drive 1 year till you get 18, with a coach next to you.

Wenn you are 18, you are alowed to drive allone to whatever you want lol. :)

So yeah im currently unfortunatly have to drive a Mercedes S-class.

There are a few cars that i realy like.

- Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV.

- Alfa Romeo 159 TI SW

- Alfa Romeo GT

But also some other makes.

In terms of looks and styling, i realy like italian cars, they still look better then a Golf lol.

However its still hard to choose somethimes.

Ever thought of a Brera? it's a quick hot hatch version of a 159 :)

My dad drives a 98 Cherokee (not grand) but its a really nice car, I love it, sadly its an automatic but whatever I guess.

Yeah I really like it, the A/C cools like a fridge, it's got a nice stereo, comfortable seats, it's a hell of a car, I'd kinda rather the civic since it's manual but I'm fine either way

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

They can smell VTEC. ;)

Honestly though, minivans are great buys. You get so much functionality for the price.

As for performance, any modern car/van/truck is enough to get one in jail in most places.

Actually out of everybody I know, even the people with higher performance cars, I'm probably the most reckless driver. When my friends are in the van and cops aren't around then it's pretty much pedal to the metal tire squealing around every corner, but when I drive normally cause cops are around they don't suspect that a white kid in a Honda minivan could be doing anything near as stupid as the other people at my school with their BMWs and Mustangs. Reality is of course the exact opposite xD

"Rawr XD"

Ah, I see. I was confused because I mentioned Mercedes and you quoted me as well. Anyways, all is good  :D

What are you switching to? 

Depends on whats in my price range when i get my tax returns.

Main choices are: Gen 3 supra, Subaru legacy turbo, 3000gt, 240sx, Skyline gts and some others. 

Funny, our secondary car is a Mercedes C180 Classic

Edit: Might as well state our main car, which is a Mitsubishi Magna Advance from 2000

The C180 is a newer car^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Actually out of everybody I know, even the people with higher performance cars, I'm probably the most reckless driver. When my friends are in the van and cops aren't around then it's pretty much pedal to the metal tire squealing around every corner, but when I drive normally cause cops are around they don't suspect that a white kid in a Honda minivan could be doing anything near as stupid as the other people at my school with their BMWs and Mustangs. Reality is of course the exact opposite xD

There is fun in wringing the heck out of vehicles with accessible limits. I've had my share of econoboxes, and they are a hoot to flog on a daily basis. I've had mostly 4-banger cars up until recently, and I didn't have any less of a smile driving them. Fast cars are cool and they really do test your limits, but pushing the limits of slow cars, vans, trucks, etc. can be just as fun (more a laugh trip than a hair-raising experience).

I was a lot crazier 10-15 years ago than how I am now. Having youth's invincibility complex allowed me to wring my old car to 130mph at some parts of the city and close to 150mph on the freeway. Taking the fastest way around corners and mashing the loud pedal at every opportunity. Nowadays I factor in safety, vehicle wear, fuel cost and tickets quite a bit more, so I go much slower. I still enjoy brisk cornering and slick conditions though.

In the real world, how fast one goes from point A to point B is more a factor of how the person drives than what he/she drives. A car is like a gun; without the right person pulling the trigger, even the best guns will miss.

All that being said, do stay safe. What all the hard driving taught me through the years is that one cannot predict all road hazards, not even on routes that we take everyday. The road network isn't a controlled environment like a racetrack, and we are bound to come across jaywalkers, animals, drunk drivers, etc. They can make unpredictable maneuvers and may not be visible until it's too late.

Depends on whats in my price range when i get my tax returns.

Main choices are: Gen 3 supra, Subaru legacy turbo, 3000gt, 240sx, Skyline gts and some others. 

S14 240SX would be nice. Lots of aftermarket support for them, and there are still a lot of clean ones (like the one below).

IMG_00671.jpg

S14 240SX would be nice. Lots of aftermarket support for them, and there are still a lot of clean ones (like the one below).

--snip--

Way out of my price range

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Way out of my price range

S13s are cool too, if you can find one in good condition. The KA motors are tough, but the other bits are likely to show quite some wear for most examples.

Good choice bro :D

Had a Volvo V40 4T [1996, 2.1L Motor, 200HP] which "died" after almost 500k km and now I got a C30 T5 R-Design 2011 [2.5L Motor, 230HP and all the bells and whistles :D]

Volvo > all :D

Agreed

S13s are cool too, if you can find one in good condition. The KA motors are tough, but the other bits are likely to show quite some wear for most examples.

Still out of my price range. And If i got up to that level i'd rather buy myself a nice R32 or R33 which are similarly priced

IMG_00671.jpg

I kinda like s13s a bit better imo.

I kinda like s13s a bit better imo.

But the S13 looks a bit boxy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But the S13 looks a bit boxy.

really, I love the look of it, especially with the classic flip out head lights.

My first car was older than me and no fun to drive so I got a job, saved up and bought my current car from a private owner online. I've got a 2007 Nissan 350Z with a little over 90k miles on it. There's a couple more photos on my Flickr if anyone's interested.

8001355416_3d26a5d078_b.jpg

350Z by MPhotos07, on Flickr

how much did you pay for it?

cube-mountainbike.jpg

Well, that's what I am currently driving, I have no need for a car here.

But at my parents home I am driving one of these beauties (VW T3 Camper):

yellow-vwt25westy80.jpg

It is mine, I just can not fit it into a underground carpark, and that's all I have.

how much did you pay for it?

15k USD. Bought it in early 2012 so prices have probably changed a bit, it also had only 78k miles on it when I purchased it.

i5 4690k  -  MSI Z97M Gaming  -  GTX 970  -  Kingston HyperX Savage  -  Samsung 840 EVO  -  Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

15k USD. Bought it in early 2012 so prices have probably changed a bit, it also had only 78k miles on it when I purchased it.

I was thinking of buying one of those for my first car, if your ever selling it hit me up lol.

really, I love the look of it, especially with the classic flip out head lights.

Are you referring to the RPS13? This is what is known as the 180SX outside North America.

There's also the Onevia (S13 coupe with pop-up headlamps).