What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

I've seen Civics and Integras get turbos all the time. And supras.

I honestly disagreed. Nowadays, cars are less power and more technology. Too much. They don't focus as much on performance. The sweet spot was like the 90s to the 00s.

Aside from a few exceptions, I personally think that cars are more capable nowadays than they ever had been. Though peak horsepower ratings for pedestrian cars hasn't gotten much higher, the accessible output while driving had improved a lot. This is why performance numbers had either improved or remained the same despite the constant addition of mass. The extra mass that they added were mostly from changes that improve comfort and safety. Cars nowadays generally perform the same or better, use about the same amount of fuel, and are much more comfortable and safer than what we've had 10 to 20 years ago.

As for turbos, the difficulty of slapping a kit on depends on the car. How reliable it'd be is highly dependent on how wild the setup is and how hard the car is driven. It is generally easier to do on older cars as they have simpler engine management systems. If utilized properly though, having an advanced system can allow the tuner to extract more performance safely (with everything else being the same).

Aside from a few exceptions, I personally think that cars are more capable nowadays than they ever had been. Though peak horsepower ratings for pedestrian cars hasn't gotten much higher, the accessible output while driving had improved a lot. This is why performance numbers had either improved or remained the same despite the constant addition of mass. The extra mass that they added were mostly from changes that improve comfort and safety. Cars nowadays generally perform the same or better, use about the same amount of fuel, and are much more comfortable and safer than what we've had 10 to 20 years ago. As for turbos, the difficulty of slapping a kit on depends on the car. How reliable it'd be is highly dependent on how wild the setup is and how hard the car is driven. It is generally easier to do on older cars as they have simpler engine management systems. If utilized properly though, having an advanced system can allow the tuner to extract more performance safely (with everything else being the same).

Well, sometimes a stock car has a turbocharged model, like the Mazda Protege and the Mazdaspeed Protege. The MSP has the turbo, the stock doesn't.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've seen Civics and Integras get turbos all the time. And supras.

Yeah but how much boost compared to stock turbos do they get? Probably not as much as many things need to be modified in order to handle that power.

I honestly disagreed. Nowadays, cars are less power and more technology. Too much. They don't focus as much on performance. The sweet spot was like the 90s to the 00s.

To each their own. But I've honestly seen few Protégés without rust problems.

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

Some kid in an Oldsmobile Alero decided to pass my dad in our CVPI, so he had a little fun and gave it some giggle juice (not full throttle since our house was coming up). And the girl in the passenger seat was laughing her ass off when we let off the gas to brake and turn into our driveway. They couldn't stop in time for their driveway...

But at full throttle we were able to keep up to one of those damn bikes (I want to call it a superbike, but it isn't quite that caliber) that like to go fast and scream like a bitch.

I will drive that CVPI. And I will have to get some god damn pics of it soon.

rqllMjr.png

Found this for you  :P (just jokes  ;) )

You're gonna give lots of people heart attacks when you drive up behind them.

Amazing idea: You should get one of those loudspeaker things that have a siren mode on it and keep it in your car.  :D Turn it on randomly on the highway while tailgating someone... and just as they pull over, gas it and speed past them. If you do this, I will personally come to your house and give you a handcrafted "troll of the year" award. Paint your car black too if it isn't already.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I don't drive yet, but this is what I fricking want:

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/4705951794.html

Mazdaspeed Protege, baby. Turbo'd, stick, and only 90K. Still good for it's age.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't drive yet, but this is what I fricking want:

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/4705951794.html

Mazdaspeed Protege, baby. Turbo'd, stick, and only 90K. Still good for it's age.

your post made me feel like browsing cl for a bit and then i found this in my general area.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4727510250.html

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT

10513529_10152520384185196_9149121815360

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

your post made me feel like browsing cl for a bit and then i found this in my general area.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4727510250.html

Holy crap! Dafuq how does stuff like this get on craigslist? dude, that is a fricking sick car.

Holy crap! Dafuq how does stuff like this get on craigslist? dude, that is a fricking sick car.

i dont even know, but i want it.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

dude, i need this thing so bad.

dude, i need this thing so bad.

Anyone want to pile up all their money with me so we can buy that? We can each use it for a week and switch back and forth.  :P

Anyways, how did they get a '95 R33 into the states? Especially into Cali? '89 R32 just became legal to import..

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Anyone want to pile up all their money with me so we can buy that? We can each use it for a week and switch back and forth.  :P

Anyways, how did they get a '95 R33 into the states? Especially into Cali? '89 R32 just became legal to import..

Dude, the R33 doesn't even look that all different from the R32. They probably wouldn't know the difference.

Dude, the R33 doesn't even look that all different from the R32. They probably wouldn't know the difference.

wat

They look very different.

R33:

nj03sr_redbirds_1.jpg

R32:

557449_10151073264059091_762831439_n.jpg

:D

That's true.. but what I meant is that I was wondering how they imported an R33 since it isn't 25 years old yet, thus can't be imported.

Nevermind, I think the R33s are on the whitelist for importing.

They do look kinda similar.. the R32 is sexier  :P The headlights on the R33 are huge.

That's true.. but what I meant is that I was wondering how they imported an R33 since it isn't 25 years old yet, thus can't be imported.

Nevermind, I think the R33s are on the whitelist for importing.

They do look kinda similar.. the R32 is sexier  :P The headlights on the R33 are huge.

Honestly, I liked the R33 better. I like its headlights better.

wat

R33:

-snippy snip-

R32:

-another snip-

Lol. 

Yeah, they're pretty different once I think about it a bit more

R32:

Volkswagen-Golf-R32-008.jpg

R33:

1919%20R33.1.March%2016..jpg

Honestly, I liked the R33 better. I like its headlights better.

That's a tough one.. I feel like the 33 is a lot more luxurious whereas the 32 is basically a homologated race car.

Edit: holy shiet! did some looking around, and they do look REALLY similar. 

R33_b_1.jpg

racebreedimport-R32-GTR-8.jpg

That's a tough one.. I feel like the 33 is a lot more luxurious whereas the 32 is basically a homologated race car.

Edit: holy shiet! did some looking around, and they do look REALLY similar. 

R33_b_1.jpg

racebreedimport-R32-GTR-8.jpg

The stock R32's front doesn't look like that, you can tell the difference when they are both stock, R33's front is the middle ground between R32 and R34

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

-le snip-

I still like the subway car R-32 and R-33 better.

I want to drive either a 240SX or a Civic manual transmission, but because I live in the city I'd probably grind the clutch really quick with the clutch-gas-clutch-brake-clutch-gas-clutch-brake for miles on end.

The stock R32's front doesn't look like that, you can tell the difference when they are both stock, R33's front is the middle ground between R32 and R34

Yeah, you're right. I was just looking at pics of R32s and R33s and those two just looked really similar. Usually I can tell the difference, but I guess the fact that they were both blue track cars with huge wings and other carbon fiber bits made them look similar ..

Yeah, the R33 is in-between the 32 and 34 because it is the car that came in between them  :P

I still like the subway car R-32 and R-33 better.

I want to drive either a 240SX or a Civic manual transmission, but because I live in the city I'd probably grind the clutch really quick with the clutch-gas-clutch-brake-clutch-gas-clutch-brake for miles on end.

A Silvia would be sweet! They made an s13 convertible that was an auto.. That'd be so epic.  :P

9291923107_8cc3b29250_o.jpg

A Silvia would be sweet! They made an s13 convertible that was an auto.. That'd be so epic.  :P

I'd drive that.

I like my train R32 and R33, those are real subway cars btw and yes that's their model number...R-32 and R-33...

Anyone want to pile up all their money with me so we can buy that? We can each use it for a week and switch back and forth. :P

There were companies like Motorex that used to import and legalize them.

wat

R33:

R32:

And the R32 still looks cooler  :o

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"