What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

Hyundai and Kia have gone a long way. Below are new car defect rate numbers (indicating manufacturer build quality):

2014087-a_0.jpg

Below are long term dependability numbers. The numbers reflect the tough as nails image of Toyota/Lexus and Mercedes-Benz.

Not surprised the Americans placed low. But Mazda? Really? They are also tough as nails.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not surprised the Americans placed low. But Mazda? Really? They are also tough as nails.

You're looking at initial quality numbers. That counts complaints on brand new cars, and is more indicative of manufacturing consistency. It also gauges new car satisfaction, as a complaint may not be a manufacturing defect but a product inadequacy.

For longer term toughness, look at the VDS chart. Mazda got an average rating there. Average in 2014 would be the best 11 years ago (when the average number was 273); the industry keeps moving forward. If you want to know what often goes wrong in a particular vehicle and the likely repair cost, there are sites like True Delta that can help you.

Well they did have the tribute which was a rebranded ford escape, so there is that.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Well they did have the tribute which was a rebranded ford escape, so there is that.

But I think the Tribute was pretty fine. But not surprised the big Asian companies like Honda and Toyota made it up there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

• 3 weeks later...

my 94 gt <3

post-18454-0-95072400-1412306613.jpg

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

What I currently "drive":

201407090048116950723.jpg

What I'm going to drive:

2013-seat-leon-side-white__1_.jpg

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I dont have a car yet, but in a few years when I get my license I will probably be driving this:

82511d1257191051-1982-mustang-convertibl

Its a 1982 Ford Mustang Convertible, my Uncle got 2 of these for 1700$. Both are in good condition and are not rusting.

And yes. They are both convertibles. One runs, one does not.

Sadly it only has a 4 cylinder in it, Atleast it will have good gas mileage, and my dad will probably put a turbo in it.

cant turbo the stock 2.3 liter 4cyl mustang internals cant handle it need to get an svo block and swap it and get forged internals etc. Ive worked on my dads 83,93,69,65,66, and his 71 DIE HARD MUSTANG LOVERS. Best bet is to save up 1500$ and do a 302/351 swap id go 351 for more low end torque but any who the 302 can be bored out .030 and stroked then you will be at a 347 those things are BAD A$$

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Still driving the ol' benz. 

Will probably buy another car in december

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Whenever cars come up, it seems there's always the USDM vs JDM, burgers n ricers, etc battle goin' on. We get it, you think what you like is best and that all others are lesser. 
True car enthusiasts respect other peoples' opinions and don't start a bash war. I don't know how this thing started, but it seems to be everywhere: Mac vs PC, iOS vs Android, Democrat vs Republican, blahhhhhblahhhblaaaahhhhhhhhh. Accept that what others like may not be the same as what you like (not directed at anyone)!

And per the topic on hand: I drive a 2010 Evo X GSR but will be switching to a new project next summer.

Im still looking on the internet for a nice cool car for my self.

Currently still driving my dads car, but that gets a bit boring.

i realy like cars. allways had my interessts in cars.

I drive an old Honda 

A5B5344420AF47F4A2A43B777004300A.JPG

(This one isn't mine but it is the same model)

Im still looking on the internet for a nice cool car for my self.

Currently still driving my dads car, but that gets a bit boring.

i realy like cars. allways had my interessts in cars.

What is your dad's car? Is it a good looking one? In any way?

What is your dad's car? Is it a good looking one? In any way?

its a mercedes S-class.

Big and boring automatic transmission

its a mercedes S-class.

Big and boring automatic transmission

At least you got some luxury. I practically have to drive around a piece of shit of a minivan.

2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop S

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

interior crocodile alligator, I drive a chevrolet ford theater.

(Sorry, it might be considered a spam message but I thought it was a witty response)

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

At least you got some luxury. I practically have to drive around a piece of shit of a minivan.

yeah its luxery i have to say, and it drives smoothly.

its arround 10 years old, but it drives better then allot of new cars realy.

But for me personaly its a bit too big for my taste, and automatic makes it less sporty.

yeah its luxery i have to say, and it drives smoothly.

its arround 10 years old, but it drives better then allot of new cars realy.

But for me personaly its a bit too big for my taste, and automatic makes it less sporty.

I agree on the sporty part. It's not that sporty, but maybe you can buy yourself a CL63 then?

I agree on the sporty part. It's not that sporty, but maybe you can buy yourself a CL63 then?

If i had the money for that then sure lol. CL63 AMG is nice

But they are expensive to drive realy.

I drive a 1998 Toyota Camry

1998_toyota_camry_sedan_le_fq_oem_1_500.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M