Linus in Israel - anyway to say hi

confuded
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

I'm still here, but all business on this trip. 😛

Thanks for the kind words, y'all! 

5 minutes ago, confuded said:

Kind giving away my location with this post, but Linus is at Intel in Israel (link to news piece - in Hebrew). Any way of getting a glimpse of the man? Maybe getting a selfie? I would totally drive 2 hours to the capital to do that.

Fairly certain it's not a fan meet and greet 🙂 Also, saying you're in Israel... why is that giving away your location and why is that an issue?

Not sure why Linus is worth a 2 hour drive, or a selfie is important but either way I doubt it's happening.  It would have been announced as a meet and greet prior if it was.  

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

6 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Not sure why Linus is worth a 2 hour drive, or a selfie is important but either way I doubt it's happening.  It would have been announced as a meet and greet prior if it was.  

Its worth it because it this isn't an every day opportunity and seeing someone in their physical form brings the individual closer to the ground - so to speak - as opposed to being some far away tech industry Youtube figure.

Where does LTT make such announcements? 

20 minutes ago, confuded said:

Its worth it because it this isn't an every day opportunity and seeing someone in their physical form brings the individual closer to the ground - so to speak - as opposed to being some far away tech industry Youtube figure.

Where does LTT make such announcements? 

Oh, I guess.  See, Linus is close to the ground for me already. He's a man, a person, nothing more.   He's not awe inspiring, not special, not above me or anyone else, no one to fawn over.  He's moderately attractive, intelligent, caring, and seems to be a good husband and father (so much more important than being a tech "star").  

Putting him on a pedestal is so very odd, but the world does it so I understand I am the odd one here.  

I would imagine they announce it here, and on Youtube as a video comment?  Like how they announce their annual thing, LMG-con or whatever it is?

Then again, I may be 100% wrong and he wouldn't mind you popping by.  Maybe someone else knows better than I.

Edit: I guess I am saying to not put people, anyone, on a pedestal.  

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

21 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Oh, I guess.  See, Linus is close to the ground for me already. He's a man, a person, nothing more.   He's not awe inspiring, not special, not above me or anyone else, no one to fawn over.  He's moderately attractive, intelligent, caring, and seems to be a good husband and father (so much more important than being a tech "star").  

Not putting anyone on a pedestal. I just like seeing people in real life that I spend time listening to and seeing on my screen. I've done that with lecturers that I've heard their daily classes for years. 2 hour drive is halfway across the country here- - I like this at least twice a month so its not a big deal. A lot of people do so daily here.

You don't have to understand that. 

1 hour ago, Dedayog said:

Fairly certain it's not a fan meet and greet 🙂 Also, saying you're in Israel... why is that giving away your location and why is that an issue?

SORRY FOR THE VERBOSE COMMENT

LTT channel has given me the courage and the idea that building a pc myself is possible and can be fun. and the community here, that helped me research all the terms i didnt find on google or made recommendations so i can understand what matters, has made it such an amazing experience that every time now that i hear about a friend thinking about a pc they come to me for advice or i immiatly ask if they need help. so meeting linus and showing him that his efforts, and the efforts of all the people he employ, made a difference, even in our backwater fucked up country. and god knows every one in this area need some extra reasons to be happy. not that he or the others are that special, but sometime, media people need a face to face recognition that what they do is good, and even more so, meaningful.

so i hope he will have time to say hi. and if there are ltt employees reading, i sugest going to a gaming bar in tlv called level up. its kind of a gathering place for geeks from the area.

about revealing that we are from israel. i guess you know about the drawn out situation in this area and the hostility it festered in some people from both sides. unfortunately some of those people take action in severe manners (linches, hacks, threats, etc.). so we prefer to remain anonimous online (not that it's hard to figure that out). i wont go into any more details here as this forum is not about politics or the current state of affairs but if you are interested you are welcome to dm me.

3 hours ago, confuded said:

Linus WAS at Intel in Israel

The tweet is from 3 days ago. And the news, if translation works correct, is all in past. So at this point, its more likely he's flying back home if the notion of "not too long for coffee" means only 1-3 day at the location.

Besides as mentioned, if its not advertised as meet&greet, its going to only business. Airport to hotel to location to hotel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Noamazia said:

SORRY FOR THE VERBOSE COMMENT

LTT channel has given me the courage and the idea that building a pc myself is possible and can be fun. and the community here, that helped me research all the terms i didnt find on google or made recommendations so i can understand what matters, has made it such an amazing experience that every time now that i hear about a friend thinking about a pc they come to me for advice or i immiatly ask if they need help. so meeting linus and showing him that his efforts, and the efforts of all the people he employ, made a difference, even in our backwater fucked up country. and god knows every one in this area need some extra reasons to be happy. not that he or the others are that special, but sometime, media people need a face to face recognition that what they do is good, and even more so, meaningful.

so i hope he will have time to say hi. and if there are ltt employees reading, i sugest going to a gaming bar in tlv called level up. its kind of a gathering place for geeks from the area.

about revealing that we are from israel. i guess you know about the drawn out situation in this area and the hostility it festered in some people from both sides. unfortunately some of those people take action in severe manners (linches, hacks, threats, etc.). so we prefer to remain anonimous online (not that it's hard to figure that out). i wont go into any more details here as this forum is not about politics or the current state of affairs but if you are interested you are welcome to dm me.

What you aren't realizing is that it's YOU.  YOU are the reason you had the courage to build a PC.  Sure, Linus may have shown you some things, reinforced the "you can do it!" motto, or helped you realize anyone can do it... but at the end of the day YOU are the one that did it.  YOU made it happen.  Not Linus.  

I know this is coming off a certain way, but I work with enough young people to say it.  Put less on them and more on you.   

Oh I have no interest in Israel.  We have our own issues here in America.  I'm not sure anyone here would take those measures just because you're from Israel and are into tech, but stranger things are happening all over so I'll take your word for it.

If you feel as strongly as you do, I'd suggest repeating that in a new post maybe or sending that in an email to Linus/LMG.  May get buried here, but they may be happy to know their work has meaning for others.

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

Other Tech:

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The tweet is from 3 days ago. And the news, if translation works correct, is all in past. So at this point, its more likely he's flying back home if the notion of "not too long for coffee" means only 1-3 day at the location.

Besides as mentioned, if its not advertised as meet&greet, its going to only business. Airport to hotel to location to hotel.

What a Hutzpah to come for a visit and not want to say hi! Pfff.. Let him go back to Canada! (disclaimer: not serious - just projecting an Israeli stereotype as a joke)

Didn't see the tweet date - only looked at the article date. Thanks for pointing that out.

ok so i saw a post in facebook group where linus was posing for a picture in intel's manufacturing facility in kiriat gat. now, my friend works there at the chips production line and i was the one who told him all about it XD. even his boss new nothing about it and found out from the internet😂.

guess linus is a non-factor for them.

What you aren't realizing is that it's YOU.  YOU are the reason you had the courage to build a PC.  Sure, Linus may have shown you some things, reinforced the "you can do it!" motto, or helped you realize anyone can do it... but at the end of the day YOU are the one that did it.  YOU made it happen.  Not Linus.  

I know this is coming off a certain way, but I work with enough young people to say it.  Put less on them and more on you.   

i know that i did everything. i am the one who became knowledgeable, even more than linus in some areas. but LTT are the ones who made the first push.
its like a kindergarden teacher, they probably haven't done anything for you except doing their job, but sometime that help shape you into something great, and sometimes you come back years later saying "look at me now! you showed me the door to this future so thank you!". and doing so face to face is so much different than online. the human connection is an enormous factor. "hi, thanks", that's all, thats enough.

but it would be funny if we meet him and kick his ass on smash bro XD

How did I miss this???

I work in F28 but took the same day off! 😞 

איזה באסה 😞 

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

Hey,

I hope you’re enjoying our small country 🙂

Assuming you stay in Tel Aviv, here are some cool places to visit:

The beach! It’s a bit cold for swimming but sunsets are beautiful!

For food: “Fat cow” has the best burger in my opinion, at “Tony vespa” you’ll find a very tasty and cool square pizza, for Thai food “Nam” restaurant is awesome!

I highly recommend visiting “otello” for ice cream. It’s great!

We all wish you a great time and a safe flight home!

P.S. if you need a ride to the airport I’m available 😉

2 hours ago, LinusTech said:

You're invited for Falafel! 🙂 

I'm honestly very glad to see how amazing this forum is. If you checked on Reddit, the same topic became a political butt storm.

Either way, I guess what non Israelis don't get is that this is as close as we get to celebrities ever...

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

7 hours ago, comander said:

I'm a nerd. Heck I even mildy geeked out when I saw Linus at LTX2019 during the studio tour. I would have totally done the VIP dinner if I could've gotten a ticket. 

My rule of thumb though is to let people have their space. If Linus isn't putting himself out there... let him be. He's reasonably busy. He has family and employees and obligations. 
It's what I'd want for myself if people started fawning over me. 

personally i don't think i would geek out over linus, but of crouse, he is working in the private sector, its not like he is an elected official that has to listen to us yapping.

23 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

I'm honestly very glad to see how amazing this forum is. If you checked on Reddit, the same topic became a political butt storm.

Either way, I guess what non Israelis don't get is that this is as close as we get to celebrities ever...

well, anyone can go and post on reddit but only tech focused guys like us who know whats important come here 😄

7 hours ago, LinusTech said:

hope you saw and heard some interesting sruff that you could tell us about in a video soon!
if you saw the production line then you probably saw my friends there though they are more intersted in Kyle Hill than LTT XD...

too bad your schedule is that packed but try to order some food, tlv has really great restaurants but when people say spicy, please understand that there are cultures here that eat hot peppers like peanuts, so ask for instead "HARIF for ASHKENAZIM" (spicy for europeans).

good luck with the flights back!

On 11/24/2021 at 10:08 AM, LinusTech said:

Good to know that a "meet and greet" is still leisure for you and not business 😜.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, Noamazia said:

ok so intel published their story about this, so is the embargo off? should we expect the videos soon? (hopefully LTT vids and techquckie too?)
https://www.facebook.com/131422793581121/posts/4695874433802578

I am wondering this exactly.
I know it will take time to publish a video, especially when travel is required but its been like a month, so its probably some kind of embargo imo.

Maybe we will get this for Christmas? 

• 1 month later...

This shouldn't actually be a topic though it would be interesting to mention that while linus visited Intel's development center in Haifa, he could've visited Nvidia in Yokneam (Former main HQ of Mellanox) which was only 30 minutes away..

This would have been on Intel's dime since they paid for him to go out to their Israel factories and plants. Doubt they would have been too happy had he visited a competitor on their $$$. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 minutes ago, lolcraftafk said:

This shouldn't actually be a topic though it would be interesting to mention that while linus visited Intel's development center in Haifa, he could've visited Nvidia in Yokneam (Former main HQ of Mellanox) which was only 30 minutes away..

Merged to prior thread on the topic. Also, when trip is paid in full by one company (Intel in this case), it leaves very little chances to wander off from the schedule. LMGs trip to Germany or Japan years ago were different as they had more than one sponsor, and thus visited more than one factory. Granted, even then those factories weren't operated by competing branches of industry. With Intel going into graphics production, Nvidia is main competition.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I haven't realised that Intel was paying for that trip. That would make more sense😅

6 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Did they released the video (meanwhile)?

Not yet. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

@Skiiwee29 @LogicalDrm
Is there an issue with the source video?

I am asking because Linus on the WAN from Show January 21, 2022 at 53.42 was asked about the Israel video, and he said he approved a thumbnail for one of several videos on the subject and when that happens it should be "pretty close to release", but that was almost two weeks ago!

Then you had that issue with your server and lost content... so I am wondering if its related and if not I hope we can enjoy watching it soon 🙂