WAN Show; New vs. Old

DoubleY

Ok, so I was curious about how well the old WAN show looks vs how the new WAN show looks (comparing quality, lighting, background, etc.

Here is the newer streams:

85pHb.jpg

Here is the older stream:

85pIr.jpg

Which one do you think looks better? Yes, the quality in the newer streams is MUCH butter. They have better internet along with a better camera. But in terms of lighting effects and background, I think the older shows look waayyyyyy better. What do you think?

I wish Linus would put the wall box back up and the old lightning, but keep the amazing image quality :D

Fix dat wall of boxes Linus, lol.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Old looks much more better. The boxes add flare and style to it. They should have a giant Wan show sign.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

I never watched in the days of old. But I liked what they had left of the box wall when I started. I like the look of old and quality of new.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

So basically... Re-erect the wall of boxes?

That, and re-do the old lighting 

I never watched in the days of old. But I liked what they had left of the box wall when I started. I like the look of old and quality of new.

That's what I was thinking :D

Old looks much more better. The boxes add flare and style to it. They should have a giant Wan show sign.

I know!

The old ones were better in terms of looks/set.

Pretty much

Days of old? That image is from like... December :P Linus Tech Tips Live Stream from the living room without Slick is the days of old :P

Days of old? That image is from like... December :P Linus Tech Tips Live Stream from the living room without Slick is the days of old :P

9 months actually :P 

Still longer then I've been around! I started watching WAN show mid February.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I still liked slicks garage better 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Still longer then I've been around! I started watching WAN show mid February.

Fair enough. You are new blood >:]

I still liked slicks garage better 

That's Linus'

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Considering they're not done setting it up yet.. it'll look better when they are.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the old one better... I just do, don't know why.

It looks better, doesn't it? :D

The lighting is amazing in my opinion 

Indeed it does, It adds more depth imo.

@LinusTech Consider the opinions in this thread please :)

That's what @MegaDave91 was saying on Teamspeak! 

@LinusTech, if possible, make the WAN show look like it used to!

I miss the red and blue wall.

It doesn't really matter to me, I just minimize it and listen.

Might as well be a podcast

The old look looks so much more professional.

... kinda thought this was going to be discussing the times he used to stream from his kitchen

Actually he should replace the background completely with a poster or a few posters instead. I'd even say a green screen so they can just put the content there instead of the screen overlays but that might be a tad too ambitious for a live stream. But if anyone can make a ghetto greenscreen live overlay it's LTT!

-------

Current Rig

-------

The old ones were MUCH better to watch, I hate the horrible glaring brightness of the new lighting and the emptiness of the set.

Less lighting and more boxes about the place gave it that wonderful 'homely' feeling to it, might sound odd but I know what I mean. -_-