Updated Core 17 back in beta.

I just notice that you have a forum section announcement about this thread. Although this isn't a link to it.  :P (Or at least i'm not seeing a link at my end.)

Though I would mention about it. 

If you click the announcement, the link is in there... I cannot put links in the title directly :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If you click the announcement, the link is in there... I cannot put links in the title directly :)

That's what I'm meaning when you click on it.  ;)

All i see is this.

Please see warmon's post here - we are seeing some really high points now - on both NVidia and AMD.

Nothing else. No link mix into the words or a noticeable link that leads to anywhere. Just plain text. 

Maybe it's a bug with the announcement or there some hidden setting that needs to be turned on (either on my end or Slick/Linus end). 

One side affect I have noticed with these new projects - they have taken a LOT of the CPU reliance off. My CPU's are really cranking out the PPD now as well. Really nice bonus.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

One side affect I have noticed with these new projects - they have taken a LOT of the CPU reliance off. My CPU's are really cranking out the PPD now as well. Really nice bonus.

The issue with mine is it would average around 10k but then suddenly drop to 6.1k and later goes back up again which is strange. I have a X6 1090T @ 3.8GHz and it is set to use only 4 cores.

Looks like they've included some system requirements:

Sorry ray, Your 8800gts is not support according to this.

yeah i noticed that my 8800gts and gts 250 would not get one oh well my gtx 465 and gtx 660ti are doing great. just need a better power supply and am thinking of adding another gtx 660ti when i get paid in a week i got some overtime in. :D

finnally got my first core17 work unit, went from 5.5k to 18k on my HD7770 OC :D

finnally got my first core17 work unit, went from 5.5k to 18k on my HD7770 OC :D

nice  :)

nice  :)

it is, but my cpu still only cranks about 10k ppd it seems low for a 3570k at 4.2ghz, i tried deleting and re-adding the slot but it didnt change much, it did increase about 2k but it seems its low compared to other 3570k's, it's weird

My 3570k is doing 16k right now, and about 18k at idle. Without GPU folding it was doing around 20k

exactly, mine at medium which doesnt gpu fold, has the same ppd, maybe a reinstall can fix it

btw just reached almost 30k on the gpu

post-2580-0-90773400-1367968988_thumb.pn

Whaler, what drivers are you using? My GTX460 only gets 13k on core_17, and others have reported anywhere from 8k to 18k so 39k on a GTX460 doesn't seem right.

My 3570k at 4.4 gets crap PPD normally - like 5 or 6k...

Whaler, what drivers are you using? My GTX460 only gets 13k on core_17, and others have reported anywhere from 8k to 18k so 39k on a GTX460 doesn't seem right.

Using the latest from NVidia web site. Also - are you running at "Full" 7/24? If you go idle a lot, your PPD will go down.

Just letting you all know that i am currently using 13.4 drivers WHQL and it's working beautifully. 

My 3570k at 4.4 gets crap PPD normally - like 5 or 6k...

Really? Then im a little less worried about mine :)

ok this is a huge change

i was going to build a 4p system very soon

but it seems pointless  with what gpus are capable of doing now !

i will wait to see how good Xeon phis and the new 7xx series are before taking the plung for a 4+ card folding system with best bang for the buck specs

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yes - CPU folding is highly fluid and there are a LOT of projects and WU's that yield low PPD, but need to be done as part of the overall project...

ok this is a huge change

i was going to build a 4p system very soon

but it seems pointless  with what gpus are capable of doing now !

i will wait to see how good Xeon phis and the new 7xx series are before taking the plung for a 4+ card folding system with best bang for the buck specs

Well, I wouldn't knock them out yet. 

One of the benefits of running a single 4P server over a farm of gpu's is the lower power cost and points, unless your going after the uber cards (such as the titan), you generate about the same points.

WOW...My gtx 680 improved to 75k ppd with the new beta nice....

So I guess Core 17 just leverages your CPU pretty hard, having single card solutions on a 3570k halved my CPU PPD, but I guess in return my GPU PPD doubled.

So I guess Core 17 just leverages your CPU pretty hard, having single card solutions on a 3570k halved my CPU PPD, but I guess in return my GPU PPD doubled.

Really? My cpu actually also went up not as much as the gpu but it went up and i also have a 3570k

Well, I wouldn't knock them out yet. 

One of the benefits of running a single 4P server over a farm of gpu's is the lower power cost and points, unless your going after the uber cards (such as the titan), you generate about the same points.

where i live electricity is about 0.013 cents  per Kwh :)

i like the warrenty on GPU cards ive seen used  570 and 670 cards around 180 - 240  dollars with 2years+ with warrently left

when the new generation of GPUs come along the 7970 according to the vid which makes 110k PPD will be at a price of ~$200 Used

soo ive done some math and a quad 7970 system with a 8 core AMD cpu + extra hardware will be around $1400 without a case and gives you well over 400k ppd  but it might get better when core 17 leaves beta from what i read

a 4p system is costly becasue of the ram and motherboard looking at prices a 4p 12 core 6168 magny is around forums 2800 dollars and gives you around 400k ppd

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

woah beast gains since ive tried it im getting around 50k out of my 7850

http://i.imgur.com/FK7CqV3.jpg

same settings few mins later

http://i.imgur.com/hyr7LBk.jpg

even better now  :o

http://i.imgur.com/XbKqgJ8.jpg

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

woah beast gains since ive tried it im getting around 50k out of my 7850

http://i.imgur.com/FK7CqV3.jpg

same settings few mins later

http://i.imgur.com/hyr7LBk.jpg

even better now  :o

http://i.imgur.com/XbKqgJ8.jpg

wow

keep updating :)