Updated Core 17 back in beta.

I haven't folded in months so I decided to start again after I saw this thread. I went from 20-25K PPD SMP & 0 PPD GPU (I could get 12-16K with both cards but it killed SMP) to 20K SMP & 105K GPU0 - 98K GPU1.

1d63db35-0135-4e55-9dfd-cb72e832046f_zps

Very nice, 7970 is now really good at folding.

Are yours overclocked or on stock clocks? Since mine gets 114k PPD

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

The first one is a stock gigabyte GHz @1100MHz/1500MHz and the second is a stock gigabyte OC at 1000MHz/1375MHz. Both cards HATE it when I play around with gpu and mem freqs so I just leave them at default for the sake of stability.

Yes, when it says CPU:3 it is only "dedicating" to 3 cores, but it has 0 affinity - so windows essentially balances all the work among the four cores. So, it does use all four cores, but a bit less then if you have CPU:4 :)

Also, the only way to fin out about lag on your specific system, is to test it out...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I haven't folded in months so I decided to start again after I saw this thread. I went from 20-25K PPD SMP & 0 PPD GPU (I could get 12-16K with both cards but it killed SMP) to 20K SMP & 105K GPU0 - 98K GPU1.

Welcome back! :)  And yes, with the new Beta cores your AMD cards do a lot better now.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Is any body getting some really BAD numbers on AMD with 8900? My 6870's which were each doing 10K+ just gome some... 3.3K est each... yikes... but, on the other side, I notice even at Full my system is much more responsive, so not sure if these are some messed up WU's....

Don't know about really bad, but slightly lower is what I'm getting + 2 degrees hotter (if that's relevant at all :P)

since 8900 takes significantly longer than 7663, I guess it's because of that

EDIT: are you getting that low PPD every 8900 core or just some? if it's every, could be some sort of gpu specific thing maybe?

@natkoui

acutally mine about double the ppd from 6-8k to 17k over the last week and its much  less laggy, almost no lag at all

If zero lag, turn off FAH then turn back on - turns out this was my issue. Looked like I was "folding", no lag suddenly with the 8900, but zippo PPD. I shut it down, restarted it, and back to decent PPD and a bit of lag at full. Lag is good, tells me it's working. :)

mine still folds though :P and i get next to no lag :D

mine still folds though :P and i get next to no lag :D

GGGRRRrrrrr....    :D

but i still would prefer project 7663 mor than double the ppd :D

idk if its just random or the new beta drivers but im getting 26k ppd on project8900 and still no lag :D and its been like that since i updated so i assume its the drivers, everyone update! :D

what version of drivers are you using?

what version of drivers are you using?

its the newest, i think its 13.6 beta

Just downloaded the new drivers, it seems like nothing changed with my 7970. 116k PPD, looks normal, will see if anything changes in the morning

@natkoui