HTC One M8 Review & DUAL PHONE GIVEAWAY!

Congratulations to the two winners...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I just love the feeling of cold metal in the morning.

damn these generators :P

I did click the bit ly link btw.

Grats

George hart

and some guy called mmnmm something 8787878

Where did you see the winners announced, please?

Favorite thing is the durability of the phone and that it is made with quality, Also I like the look of Sense and how snappy it is. Having SD card support now is awesome, that was the only reason I bought the Galaxy :)

Gratz to the winners :)

Hey why not get a server with Cryptic Servers! :)

My Server Hosting company: http://crypticservers.net

My TeamSpeak 3 Server (Open to anyone): ts.mainfighter.com

My favorite thing about this phone is the feel of it in my hand. Played with my friends m8 and it makes my m7 look nubish..

Also in the video linus said he's using (Apollo)? for his music app now. Does anyone know where to get the .apk and which version he is using?

im also chasing the above answer.

where can i find this APOLLO App?

the built in HTC MUSIC app sounds TERRIBLE

please help

looks pretty idk I've never had something like that how i can tell something if i even touch ? ^ ^

much like my HTC Desire HD, i can see slight manufacturing imperfections on my M8.

it seems the champering tool wasnt making full contact for about 2mm's on my handset

also a very slight hump about 2mm's on my rear casing..
no biggy, but the reflective finish highlights it

did you guys get a included case inside the M8 box?

such a welcome surprise. i had no idea. its a good case too that protects the charging and headphone sockets.!

well done HTC

please help

Hey,

You can download Apollo through FDroid, its a seperate sort of app store, its free and has a bunch of apps.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Heh, knew I didn't stand a chance at winning, I have terrible luck at this sort of thing......so, I grabbed one myself, bought the Dot View flip case as well.

20140423_172523_zps65c507a7.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Hey,

You can download Apollo through FDroid, its a seperate sort of app store, its free and has a bunch of apps.

Thank you very much.

didnt know this store existed. WoW

Cracked the hell out of my LG G2 screen yesterday. Either I pay $100 for a replacement screen or $200 for the HTC One M8. Easy to say that I chose the M8! Never held one before today, such a beautiful/solid phone! Not even sure if I should get a case (although with my luck i probably should!)

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

Cracked the hell out of my LG G2 screen yesterday. Either I pay $100 for a replacement screen or $200 for the HTC One M8. Easy to say that I chose the M8! Never held one before today, such a beautiful/solid phone! Not even sure if I should get a case (although with my luck i probably should!)

Congrats

do you find all the hardware buttons sensitive?

i do!!! Bahh!

Congrats

do you find all the hardware buttons sensitive?

i do!!! Bahh!

When I was using the one in the store today, I never found it to be an issue. I will report back when I get mine in the mail!

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

please help

Look for Cyanogen, or around their forums.

Apollo is default music player packed in CyanogenMod roms.

M8 is more slippery in the hand.

Everyone says that but I think it's grippy. Normally when I hold metal I get sweaty but thisbphonr, it doesn't. Odd.