[OFFICIAL] ZEN 4 will be on a new platform with ddr5 and pcie 5.0.

adarw
10 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

AMD would have better value over more expensive DDR5

Alder Late can support DDR4 as well

On 10/13/2021 at 4:09 AM, Vishera said:

I have a gut feeling that now that AMD is in the position it is now -

You will need a new motherboard every 2 generations if you want to upgrade the CPU,just like Intel does.

But the good thing is that the AM4 stuff will be cheaper.

amd isn't anywhere close to be able to relax, and Lisa doesn't seem like one to underestimate the competition, plus making more platforms is really only good to the motherboard manufacturers, for amd its mostly just more R&D cost.

2 hours ago, porina said:

If one is better or not than the other will not only depend on how they perform but the question of exactly what judgement criteria is used. I'm looking forward to the inevitable arguments already.

Also, my gut feeling is that these high cache models when they eventually appear will sit on top of AMD's existing product stack, at higher pricing. More performance for more money isn't necessarily a bad thing, but this feels like a halo product move.

That will likely all depend on how competitive alder lake is, zen 3d will be launching latter so they will have to adjust pricing so that it will be competitive, at this point its likely that it will land at the same prices of the current ones and the current lineup will be discounted, they have enough margins to keep the perf/dollar competitive either way.

and i will be waiting another year at least to get them nice and cheap as a upgrade to my 2600.

24 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

making more platforms is really only good to the motherboard manufacturers, for amd its mostly just more R&D cost

I'd argue AMD has more work for themselves by having more cross-generation CPU support for each of their chipsets. Their work is making that chipset, and then verify it works with supported CPUs. Intel only need to verify up to 2 CPU generations with each chipset. The only time AMD saved dev cost might be by not making a new chipset for Zen 3, keeping the same one from Zen 2.

24 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

zen 3d will be launching latter so they will have to adjust pricing so that it will be competitive, at this point its likely that it will land at the same prices of the current ones and the current lineup will be discounted, they have enough margins to keep the perf/dollar competitive either way.

Without going back and checking, official price drops are rare, maybe with up to one minor one throughout a product lifecycle. Don't confuse this with street price, that's then the resellers deciding how much they want to sell at, even at a loss in some situations.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

On 10/13/2021 at 3:24 AM, adarw said:

five years of ryzen

Damn, has it really been that long? 🧑‍🦳

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, leadeater said:

1 year less than Bulldozer was around for, maybe next year people will stop bringing it up... LOL

Failures are so much easier to remember heh

Hey did you hear about that new Bulldozer architecture?!?!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Don't think this has been talked about, but the only new thing within that official AMD video that wasn't already known within the PC hardware tech leak space is the inclusion of accelerators within Zen 4. Either this could be within the CCD itself or be part of the IO Die.

Also as covered in the video below

https://youtu.be/igInU0aZtOA