12 series intel vs next gen amd

marcuzx

i heard next gen intel will have pcie5 and ddr5. we all know i7 and i9 along with mobos will be too expensive at release and same goes for ddr5. we do have i5 which will be 6+4 cores which i don’t believe that it’ll perform better than an actual 10 cores just because amd fx tried doing same thing. intel will be using like 225 watts at peak times btw. then we have 6000 series ryzen which wont have ddr4 nor pcie 5 but it will still be am4. the peak wattage will be around 150. my pick is amd because it has am4 support, performs about the sane if not better but consumes 40% less power. and it leaves us 2 years or so for ryzen 7000 series which will be pcie 5 and ddr5 which will be affordable at that time. id even pick 5000 series ryzen over 12th gen intel  because i don’t need my cpu using more power than my gpu. only reason to pick 12th gen is pcie 5 for a gpu that none of us will ever get, we might as well wait for pcie 7

this is all speculation without any discreet info. no one should assume until they come out and theres reviews.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

If the last year and a half is anything to go by, a lot of people are going to be gaming on Current and last 2 gen GPUS and CPUS and ddr4 for quite some time. I wouldn't hold your breath for affordability in 2 years for something that hasn't released yet.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

1 minute ago, mr fobs said:

If the last year and a half is anything to go by, a lot of people are going to be gaming on Current and last 2 gen GPUS and CPUS and ddr4 for quite some time. I wouldn't hold your breath for affordability in 2 years for something that hasn't released yet.

lol its funny how ddr3 isnt cheap.

-----------------

#

2 minutes ago, adarw said:

Nothing is cheap rn and I'd place bets that this will be the norm for a few more generations 😞

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

9 minutes ago, adarw said:

The old DRAM will always be more expensive due to low supply. 

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

The old DRAM will always be more expensive due to low supply. 

yea ik, but theres so much of it thats its just stupid how its priced on the used market.

-----------------

#

used market is a joke, they want the same amount of money for the things that they bought 5 years ago! i live 45 miles from a microcenter so if i want s good deal i go there. i can get a used 9900k for 300 or i can get a brand new 10850k or 11700k for 300. i can get 6700k used which is horrible by todays standards or i can get 10700k or 3700x brand new. used motherboard which can fail at any given time or a brand new motherboard with warranty. for just a little bit more you actually get quite a lot. biggest issue id say is the lack of variety in the cases, they’re just a copy of each other, let’s just make unique cases for once, something innovating, something new, unique. ive seen the new torrent like that could’ve been a nice case if either had the psu at the bottom or a side mounted psu but they put it on the top which is just sad, horrible design. now you can fit the 360mm aio in the front which simply won’t work out or you have to air cool it. oh wait… there is 0 air coolers that look nice, are quiet and that actually cool the cpu. maybe they should start making flat design cpu coolers with 2, 3 fans similar to aerocool core plus. add more fans for better cooling. so that fractal torrent is literally designed for a 3700x with a stock cooler, and they want 220$ for that? what a sad design. 

With any PC build, you can only buy what is available & affordable... if you're forever living in the future you'll never get anything built.

Set yourself a budget & buy whatever gets you the results you want that fits in your budget - WHEN you have the money on hand to do so.

At release, current parts will not suddenly plummet in price - you'd need warehouses full of parts for that to happen.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

35 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

With any PC build, you can only buy what is available & affordable... if you're forever living in the future you'll never get anything built.

Set yourself a budget & buy whatever gets you the results you want that fits in your budget - WHEN you have the money on hand to do so.

At release, current parts will not suddenly plummet in price - you'd need warehouses full of parts for that to happen.

depends, obviously not right now with things the way they are, but a couple years ago Zen1/+/2 parts were pretty damn cheap

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x