Need contact info

thanoos

Hello all, I and a friend are getting ready to launch a kickstarter for a video game idea we have, but before we do that, we thought that maybe is a good idea to contact with a big company first. I tried to find a way online about contacting netflix and got 0 results, so after a lot of searching I decided to take a shortcut and take a chance to contact them through their invenstors site using the form they provide, I knew it was a longshot and since it's been a while already I assume my form got filtered and discarded. Few days ago I also made a twitter account (I have no clue how twiter excactly works) and I send a tweet to phil spencer (also a longshot) asking for some contact info. From what I understand, this is a really tight circle and honestly there is zero chance of someone outside this industry to get in contact with the people or the teams that decide on new projects.

So if anyone knows a way that I can get in contact with someone from high place in order to monetize my idea I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you for your time reading this.

You will never get the attention of multi-million dollar companies. Ideas for things like games dont sell well with the investors, do the game first then try to sell it or show it as a WIP project.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

You will never get the attention of multi-million dollar companies. Ideas for things like games dont sell well with the investors, do the game first then try to sell it or show it as a WIP project.

Thank you for your reply, so basically we have to launch the kickstarter get some money, start building the game, try to build some momentum and then IF the big guys are interested, they will contact us.. That's gonna take some time IF we are lucky and achieve our first kickstarter goal..

do you have the skill to make at least the basics? you cant just sell a game idea.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Just now, adarw said:

do you have the skill to make at least the basics? you cant just sell a game idea.

Nope, 0 skill to create a video game, I am an engineer though, but I work at merchant marine.. No skill related to coding....

If an idea is all you have than the odds are against you. As an idea you have nothing to show that it's worth their money, if this is your first game you have nothing backing up your skills in game development. I'd work it up to at least a prototype first so you have something to show and also have a better idea of what it's going to be like.

I found this GDC talk an interesting watch. It's oriented to pitching to studios, but it shouldn't be much different from kickstarter as you're essential asking people to back and fund you.

2 minutes ago, thanoos said:

Nope, 0 skill to create a video game, I am an engineer though, but I work at merchant marine.. No skill related to coding....

Ok to be blunt this is an absolutely terrible idea in that case. You'll be asking people for money to fund your endeavour in a field you know nothing about and have no experience in. That won't work out well in any field.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Just now, thanoos said:

bruv your not going to be able to make this possible unless you got a crazy amount of people supporting it. good luck with this. 🤦‍♂️

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

If an idea is all you have than the odds are against you. As an idea you have nothing to show that it's worth their money, if this is your first game you have nothing backing up your skills in game development. I'd work it up to at least a prototype first so you have something to show and also have a better idea of what it's going to be like.

I found this GDC talk an interesting watch. It's oriented to pitching to studios, but it shouldn't be much different from kickstarter as you're essential asking people to back and fund you.

Ok to be blunt this is an absolutely terrible idea in that case. You'll be asking people for money to fund your endeavour in a field you know nothing about and have no experience in. That won't work out well in any field.

thanks for the video and your iput, I am going to watch it.

3 minutes ago, adarw said:

bruv your not going to be able to make this possible unless you got a crazy amount of people supporting it. good luck with this. 🤦‍♂️

Yes, basically this is the only way of succeeding... Thanks for your support! 😄

Just now, thanoos said:

Yes, basically this is the only way of succeeding... Thanks for your support! 😄

Are you looking to get money to develop the game or to get a studio to develop it for you? The latter will be even more difficult than the first.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

Are you looking to get money to develop the game or to get a studio to develop it for you? The latter will be even more difficult than the first.

Hiring a studio would be the first option, but only if too many people back the project and give me sufficient money to go out and hire a studio to start working on the game at least.

5 minutes ago, thanoos said:

Hiring a studio would be the first option, but only if too many people back the project and give me sufficient money to go out and hire a studio to start working on the game at least.

Well before you jump on kickstarter or anything I'd firmly work out what the game will be, b eyond an idea. Then get a small prototype somehow and then start looking for the big bucks and convincing studios to work with (not for) you.

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

Well before you jump on kickstarter or anything I'd firmly work out what the game will be, b eyond an idea. Then get a small prototype somehow and then start looking for the big bucks and convincing studios to work with (not for) you.

The project is not an idea only. Me and my friend have already developed the idea into details on how and what will be, I m just at a stage that I need to translate what we wrote into our language into english and then upload it to kickstarter. When you say work with me and not for me what do you mean, to give them equity?

8 minutes ago, thanoos said:

The project is not an idea only. Me and my friend have already developed the idea into details on how and what will be, I m just at a stage that I need to translate what we wrote into our language into english and then upload it to kickstarter.

Ah yeah then some money for a small prototype may be a next step.

8 minutes ago, thanoos said:

When you say work with me and not for me what do you mean, to give them equity?

Work with you/them in the sense of not just saying here's my idea, make a game, but having it be a back and forth of input from both sides.

1 minute ago, tikker said:

Ah yeah then some money for a small prototype may be a next step.

Work with you/them in the sense of not just saying here's my idea, make a game, but having it be a back and forth of input from both sides.

Yes, totally agree with you on that! Excanging input will be very important.

So what I'm getting here is that you have storyline to some portition ready. Maybe even some ideas of what mechanics should be even if not experience or skills on actually doing them. Thats good start.

Now to your three main problems. First, you are not know for game design, storytelling scriptwriting or really anything. You would need to build up that reputation first if you want anyone big to take notice. Second, don't have your eggs in one basket. Don't start, or stop, at Netflix, company which is not known for funding games. Go for everyone and anyone. And three, get the game going first. Sure, you need either skills or money, or more likely both if you go indie first. There's long way from working concept to working game, and even longer way convincing anyone to pay for it, be it to play it or get people to play it.

As for contact info, if we would know such things, would we share it to just anyone who asks? People in charge or even close to top gets thousands of suggestions, proposions and other crap daily. Usually this thing goes the other way around, you get something going, get popular and noticed, then they will contact you. We are way past the old days when you could send demotape to music label or take script to publisher or production company.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can contact some employees of the companies are trying to reach on Linkedin.

23 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

You can contact some employees of the companies are trying to reach on Linkedin.

Yes, make LinkedIn even more useless and annoying. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Not to be rude here, but video game ideas are cheap as dirt. Everybody has an idea for a video game. Most people working in the industry have ideas for video games, probably better ones than most laypeople. And most of those ideas will never get made into actual games. And as for Kickstarter or equivalent services, people have become wise to tactics many campaigns have used over the years, where they have an awesome looking trailer available that implies that the game is nearly complete already and only needs funds to polish, market and publish it, only for the campaign to end and the game taking half a decade to actually come out, because all the marketing guff is smoke and mirrors. Not to mention that your lack of experience makes it practically impossible to gauge how expensive such a project might get, so any campaign you set up will probably fall woefully short of the funds it would need to get off the ground.

My tip here is as follows: Download Unity or another free game engine, learn some programming and clone Tetris or Flappy Bird or something similarly simple. Your first project should always be a copy of something that already exists so you can compare and contrast the two. 

11 hours ago, thanoos said:

Me and my friend have already developed the idea into details on how and what will be

And what would those ideas be? Do you have a genre and gameplay in mind? Or is this mostly just world and narrative design?

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Adding to my previous post, something that I thought today.

What you are asking is money. What the companies you are asking it from are looking for is money. IF you would get into some odd game developer edition of Shark Tank, you would have better options than just going to beg for funding. Because at that point, you have already working prototype and distribution plan. You can make money, you are looking just more capita for wider distribution, advertising etc. At that point, the deals of 25% of the company are fair for all.

But now, when you have nothing really to offer, all options are, well, bad. Only way big company is gonna fund any idea is if they will get full rights on it. If your idea is really good, they might give you more than just basic profits, like option to reclaim ownership if company abandons product. Having full rights, they can do the idea what they want. Produce more content of it, change it, sell it onwards. Or abandon it, and you can't use it since you aren't the owner.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, LogicalDrm said:

So what I'm getting here is that you have storyline to some portition ready. Maybe even some ideas of what mechanics should be even if not experience or skills on actually doing them. Thats good start.

Now to your three main problems. First, you are not know for game design, storytelling scriptwriting or really anything. You would need to build up that reputation first if you want anyone big to take notice. Second, don't have your eggs in one basket. Don't start, or stop, at Netflix, company which is not known for funding games. Go for everyone and anyone. And three, get the game going first. Sure, you need either skills or money, or more likely both if you go indie first. There's long way from working concept to working game, and even longer way convincing anyone to pay for it, be it to play it or get people to play it.

As for contact info, if we would know such things, would we share it to just anyone who asks? People in charge or even close to top gets thousands of suggestions, proposions and other crap daily. Usually this thing goes the other way around, you get something going, get popular and noticed, then they will contact you. We are way past the old days when you could send demotape to music label or take script to publisher or production company.

yes you are right, but when I asked for contact info I meant something official like an email or something, not private information.

On 9/7/2021 at 12:53 AM, Avocado Diaboli said:

Not to be rude here, but video game ideas are cheap as dirt. Everybody has an idea for a video game. Most people working in the industry have ideas for video games, probably better ones than most laypeople. And most of those ideas will never get made into actual games. And as for Kickstarter or equivalent services, people have become wise to tactics many campaigns have used over the years, where they have an awesome looking trailer available that implies that the game is nearly complete already and only needs funds to polish, market and publish it, only for the campaign to end and the game taking half a decade to actually come out, because all the marketing guff is smoke and mirrors. Not to mention that your lack of experience makes it practically impossible to gauge how expensive such a project might get, so any campaign you set up will probably fall woefully short of the funds it would need to get off the ground.

My tip here is as follows: Download Unity or another free game engine, learn some programming and clone Tetris or Flappy Bird or something similarly simple. Your first project should always be a copy of something that already exists so you can compare and contrast the two. 

And what would those ideas be? Do you have a genre and gameplay in mind? Or is this mostly just world and narrative design?

1) yes literally no idea how much will cost, but maybe possible for a rough calculation taking in considaration some details, that's why I m gonna set very high goal on kickstarter. 2) Very nice idea about copying a simple oplder game, thank you, I maybe try if I find the time. 3) Yes the game is a fully finished idea, the only thing missing are the money to start building it.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Adding to my previous post, something that I thought today.

What you are asking is money. What the companies you are asking it from are looking for is money. IF you would get into some odd game developer edition of Shark Tank, you would have better options than just going to beg for funding. Because at that point, you have already working prototype and distribution plan. You can make money, you are looking just more capita for wider distribution, advertising etc. At that point, the deals of 25% of the company are fair for all.

But now, when you have nothing really to offer, all options are, well, bad. Only way big company is gonna fund any idea is if they will get full rights on it. If your idea is really good, they might give you more than just basic profits, like option to reclaim ownership if company abandons product. Having full rights, they can do the idea what they want. Produce more content of it, change it, sell it onwards. Or abandon it, and you can't use it since you aren't the owner.

That is true and sad at the same time... That's why I 'm going kickstarter, all or nothing and hope for the best, in the other hand if my kickstarter fails I'll try to explore more options, but most likely I will abandon the project.

Ideas are like ass holes, everybody's got one.

Nobody buys ideas.

Want to get their attention? Built a product.

Companies buy product. Investors invest in product.

Heck, I'd give you some money if you had a product, that'd at least show you're serious and committed, and believe in your idea.

Build something. Anything. Even a prototype.

28 minutes ago, thanoos said:

yes you are right, but when I asked for contact info I meant something official like an email or something, not private information.

There's no such thing... It's not like the thread we have for vide suggestions or news sites tip box. Besides being very susceptible for spam and other nonsense, it would also probably get thousands of ideas daily.

Get your product working, then show it off. That's how you get attention.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv