iOS 15 is here and I like it

Apple’s iOS 15 public beta is available, and now you can get a peek at what’s coming this fall. Now it’s time to see what all the fuss is about…

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

Now iPhone users can finally get features that were on Android in 2012!

/s

woohoo!! 🤦‍♂️

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

47 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

/s

So, how are your updates doin' after 2-3 years? Laughs in Apfel. iPhones, even if some features are slow to come, they do come eventually and long updating ensures that. Most Android phones are stuck on some ancient versions and aren't even getting security updates for years. Everyone just holding fingers crossed app updates mitigate whatever security issues there are.

1 hour ago, Mel0nMan said:

/s

People joke about that, but it seems like Apple is shoring up iOS faster than Google is improving Android. Android 12's biggest feature is cosmetic (a nice change, but still), and a few of them are 'borrowed' from longstanding iOS features like the one-handed mode. We're rapidly approaching a point where your mobile OS choice may come down to subtle preferences as the feature sets become mature enough that there are no glaring drawbacks.

43 minutes ago, Commodus said:

People joke about that, but it seems like Apple is shoring up iOS faster than Google is improving Android. Android 12's biggest feature is cosmetic (a nice change, but still), and a few of them are 'borrowed' from longstanding iOS features like the one-handed mode. We're rapidly approaching a point where your mobile OS choice may come down to subtle preferences as the feature sets become mature enough that there are no glaring drawbacks.

i feel like ios wins with cosmetics stuff but arndroid wins with funcnalty so to see both improving at their weakness is quite nice tbh

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

I didn't know iOS had public beta testing... bugs are now part of user experience I guess.

Obviously didn't watch video, because I couldn't care less about apple.

Best thing iOS had going for it was less viruses, but now that's gone too.

15 hours ago, RageTester said:

I didn't know iOS had public beta testing... bugs are now part of user experience I guess.

Obviously didn't watch video, because I couldn't care less about apple.

Best thing iOS had going for it was less viruses, but now that's gone too.

If you'd be more open-minded and pay attention to videos like these, maybe you'd know that iOS public beta testing has been around for years, and have a different overall perception of Apple.

iOS still has far fewer security issues than Android. It's certainly not immune, but a much better OS update policy and the lack of sideloading have generally limited exposure. The biggest practical threats are web- and message-based exploits.

17 hours ago, Commodus said:

They are the same. It's all down to fine details really. If you want device that just works and has outstanding software support long term and you can look past certain smaller limitations, you go with iOS and thus iPhone. Using other Apple devices is a bonus because of tight integration, but not a necessity.

Android is great if you value fiddling and just the amount of stuff you can do to the OS or device by sideloading stuff, flashing ROM's, fiddling with settings, changing launchers and themes every day.

iPhone is also great way to escape from Google's sticky fingers inappropriately touching your personal data without sacrificing experience (like on Android phone without Gapps).

Everyone whining how Apple's ecosystem is locked down walled garden prison, if you don't depend on Google's apps and services or Apple's apps and services and you entirely depend on 3rd party apps and services that are generally found in both ecosystems, you can migrate between Android or iOS devices in matter of 1 hour to just install all the necessary apps and login to them and set them accordingly.

19 hours ago, RejZoR said:

So, how are your updates doin' after 2-3 years? Laughs in Apfel.

Hence why I'm planning on getting the Pixel 6 as soon as it comes out. With the 5 years of update support they're promising, I'll probably end up upgrading before they stop updating it.

Not to mention it's the first Pixel phone to offer truly competitive specs.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

6 minutes ago, alifarshad275 said:

XD true! but in the western market i assume ppl upgrade their phones every 2 years on average or sth like that! sooooooo, is it really a problem for them? the point still stands though! (smh in android 10.5)

People are holding on to phones for longer these days and that's particularly case with iPhones. In the past I only really upgraded Android phones for new OS versions. Until I got fed up with that BS and bought an iPhone. Ever since I have it, the OS updating anxiety is entirely gone. I had the phone for nearly 3 years and I know I still have 2-3 major updates ahead as well as security updates past that. Then I'll really buy a new one. If I had an Android I'd be left out next year already by 3/4 of vendors. Google might change that with 5 years of updates policy however. I hope it will on a global scale by forcing others to do better.