Is this 11 Pro Max worth it for $500

Hi,

Today I came across an Iphone 11 Pro Max for 500 euros that supposedly works perfectly, the only thing is it's screen is broken, which I can easily and cheaply fix

Everything seems great including the condition of the box. I'm wondering if it's worth it. I am an android user and I know how good androids are for that price, but it seems like a good deal for an Iphone, what do you think?

Thanks!

11 pro max for 500$?
Sure, if its real, and not one of the android iphone 11 fakes.

As for fixing a screen, id remind you youll need a screen programmer if you want true tone color and the screen to not yell at you about the non genuine display, even if its an apple screen.

Plus you need to make sure the faceid sensors are ok, otherwise only apple will be able to get faceid working

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ImperialHub2 said:

which I can easily and cheaply fix

Are you sure?
iPhones are super finnicky when it comes to replacing parts, you'll lose truetone and have a warning every time you power on the phone saying there's a 'display problem'. Also Genuine OLED panels are like ~$170-$200.

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- GPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB
RAM: 32GB @ 4800 MTs

Storage: OEM 1TB M.2
Display: Main 1800p@120Hz OLED + Screnpad Plus 2880x864@120Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

22 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

11 pro max for 500$?

As for fixing a screen, id remind you youll need a screen programmer if you want true tone color and the screen to not yell at you about the non genuine display, even if its an apple screen.

Plus you need to make sure the faceid sensors are ok, otherwise only apple will be able to get faceid working

21 minutes ago, Mnky313 said:

Are you sure?
iPhones are super finnicky when it comes to replacing parts, you'll lose truetone and have a warning every time you power on the phone saying there's a 'display problem'. Also Genuine OLED panels are like ~$170-$200.

I've been using an XR since my dad fixed it's broken display with one from AliExpress, it works as it should, brightness, colours and touch and everything works as new. The FaceID works flawlessly and I have not gotten a single issue or as you call it 'display problem'. So I am not sure what you guys are reffering to. It's not an android fake, here is a link so you guys can check it out https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/telecommunicatie/mobiele-telefoons-apple-iphone/m1706730068-apple-iphone-11-pro-max-space-gray-64gb?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618&previousPage=lr

8 minutes ago, ImperialHub2 said:

I've been using an XR since my dad fixed it's broken display with one from AliExpress, it works as it should, brightness, colours and touch and everything works as new. The FaceID works flawlessly and I have not gotten a single issue or as you call it 'display problem'. So I am not sure what you guys are reffering to. It's not an android fake, here is a link so you guys can check it out https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/telecommunicatie/mobiele-telefoons-apple-iphone/m1706730068-apple-iphone-11-pro-max-space-gray-64gb?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618&previousPage=lr

Don't know how that's working without a jailbreak, iPhones for years have had the faceid and toutch sensors paired to the motherboard for security (stopping you from adiding a modded one or whatever) and profits, displays the same thing, paired to the phone board to profits more

Long press on the brightness bar in the control pannel and see if you can turn on true tone color

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Don't know how that's working without a jailbreak, iPhones for years have had the faceid and toutch sensors paired to the motherboard for security (stopping you from adiding a modded one or whatever) and profits, displays the same thing, paired to the phone board to profits more

I understand but I am telling you as it is, still do you think it's a deal?

6 minutes ago, ImperialHub2 said:

I understand but I am telling you as it is, still do you think it's a deal?

Did you read my post?

43 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

11 pro max for 500$?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Did you read my post?

I did, "Sure" surely tells me a lot about your opinion, thanks 🙂

9 minutes ago, ImperialHub2 said:

I did, "Sure" surely tells me a lot about your opinion, thanks 🙂

Knowing apple it is true.

1. using weird parts from untrusted sources will some times a)make the iphone go crazy, b) worest case will blow a component 

2. iirc 11 can't have the screen replacmeant right smth with id chips.

https://www.ifixit.com/News/33147/apple-is-discouraging-screen-repair-with-an-iphone-11-genuine-warning

image.png.b941c17910925ae0be013919e5aec912.png

also a good screen is legit 400 USD

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-11-Pro-Max-Screen/IF428-000?o=2

image.png.aa5c50b9c9a3907f0a6edc266eecdca7.png

at this point its like 800 + euros and a new 12 pro (non max) is like 800 euros.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

6 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Knowing apple it is true.

1. using weird parts from untrusted sources will some times a)make the iphone go crazy, b) worest case will blow a component 

2. iirc 11 can't have the screen replacmeant right smth with id chips.

https://www.ifixit.com/News/33147/apple-is-discouraging-screen-repair-with-an-iphone-11-genuine-warning

image.png.b941c17910925ae0be013919e5aec912.png

also a good screen is legit 400 USD

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-11-Pro-Max-Screen/IF428-000?o=2

image.png.aa5c50b9c9a3907f0a6edc266eecdca7.png

at this point its like 800 + euros and a new 12 pro (non max) is like 800 euros.

My dad has transfered over $2500 in AliExpress just in the past year by fixing phones, tablets, laptops etc. He has fixed many Iphones and some new ones, the display on the XR I am currently using was around $60 and it works flawlessly. I do not mind not having true tone and having pop up errors and stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, ImperialHub2 said:

My dad has transfered over $2500 in AliExpress just in the past year by fixing phones, tablets, laptops etc.

Has he have any personal problems?

2 minutes ago, ImperialHub2 said:

the display on the XR I am currently using was around $60 and it works flawlessly.

11 are so different on displays that it doesn't matter.

3 minutes ago, ImperialHub2 said:

I do not mind not having true tone and having pop up errors and stuff like that.

ok, go ahead, personally I would get a nice screen, but hey for about 560 euros you have a decent iphone.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

Has he have any personal problems?

11 are so different on displays that it doesn't matter.

ok, go ahead, personally I would get a nice screen, but hey for about 560 euros you have a decent iphone.

No, he has not had any problems, neither have the people whom devices were fixed by my dad. I will look around to see if replacing display on an 11 makes it a dealbreaker. Thanks for the links and info by the way!