what if amd and nivida decided stopp selling gpus directly and started selling gpus on prebuilt system only to prevent cryptomminer buying all gpus

aqarwaen29
On 6/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, tkitch said:

Do you like building computers?

This is how you can no longer build computers, ever.  

Integrated graphics on newer processors are getting significantly better over the years, even if something like what the OP mentioned were to happen, you could still build a computer and run it using integrated graphics.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Integrated graphics on newer processors are getting significantly better over the years, even if something like what the OP mentioned were to happen, you could still build a computer and run it using integrated graphics.

Run? Yes.

Game? Not really.

I mean, if you're fine with 720p60 at ~40 FPS that's fine, but I'm definitely not - I prefer 1080p75. Integrated graphics are NOT going to run Battlefield 4 at 1080p 75 FPS.

elephants

On 6/23/2021 at 7:56 AM, aqarwaen29 said:

what if amd and nivida decided stopp selling gpus directly and started selling gpus on prebuilt system only to prevent cryptomminer buying all gpus.

how would u react if amd or nivida made such move and where unable anymore buy only buy new gpu for your computer from shop.

In theory that kinda wouldn't stop crypto miners they would just start buying prebuilts, And there's still Ebay....

Even if they wanted to, their shareholders wouldn't allow it. Theyre publicly traded companies, therefor they have a responsibility to maintain margins with their shareholders. 

They could possibly even have a class action taken against them for 'fixing' their shares if they made this move, it would be corporate suicide. So it's never going to happen. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

25 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

lets go with "no"

I prefer things that're heavier than netflix to run at over 60fps.

2 hours ago, tkitch said:

lets go with "no"

I prefer things that're heavier than netflix to run at over 60fps.

You... You do know that there are better gpus than a vega3/uhd750, right? The vega 11 really is pretty compitent.

The best Intel has is as good as a Vega 3, to the point where in gaming, a 3000g is as good as a 11900k.

A 5800g would absolutely trounce it. It may not get a good framerate in y'all's eyecandy games, but in a esports games, like fortnite, csgo, or rocket league (lol can run on the igpu of my 7400 at ~81738726262782fps, that's a non issue here), it's more then compitent.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

You... You do know that there are better gpus than a vega3/uhd750, right? The vega 11 really is pretty compitent.

The best Intel has is as good as a Vega 3, to the point where in gaming, a 3000g is as good as a 11900k.

A 5800g would absolutely trounce it. It may not get a good framerate in y'all's eyecandy games, but in a esports games, like fortnite, csgo, or rocket league (lol can run on the igpu of my 7400 at ~81738726262782fps, that's a non issue here), it's more then compitent.

First:  The Vega 11 CPU's are basically not available in retail still.  4000's are not for sale, and last I saw 5000G's are also not out yet.

Also?  Eff E-Sports games.  I haven't played any of them, and have basically 0 interest in playing any of them, either.

Secondly...  If the iGPU get smoked by a 1030?  It doesn't count as useful.

5 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Secondly...  If the iGPU get smoked by a 1030?  It doesn't count as useful.

I didn't say it was useful, I'd suggest reading my quote.

11 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

The CPU that costs 1/11 of the price is just as good

Its known intels igpus are shitty, but there's good Vegas, in the 3200g and 3400g, the Vega 8and 11 respectivly

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I didn't say it was useful, I'd suggest reading my quote.

The CPU that costs 1/11 of the price is just as good

Its known intels igpus are shitty, but there's good Vegas, in the 3200g and 3400g, the Vega 8and 11 respectivly

The i9-11900k is ~550 retail.

The Ryzen 3200G is about 200$ retail.

1/11th?  Really?

The i5 11500 (same GPU as i9 11900k) is ~240.  And given the CPU power?  The 11500 is probably the super chip compared to the 3200G.

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

1/11th?  Really?

Omfg. Read.

21 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

The athlon 3000g retails at 50$

The 11900k retails at 550$

1/11

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, tkitch said:

1/11th?  Really?

The i5 11500 (same GPU as i9 11900k) is ~240.  And given the CPU power?  The 11500 is probably the super chip compared to the 3200G.

A 3200G is $200? I wouldn't recommend paying more than $150 for one.

And a i5 11400 has a faster CPU, but that doesn't matter if you can't buy a dedicated GPU, also comparing a cpu you need a GPU to play any games to one you can do some light gaming with isn't even a comparison IMO.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

A 3200G is $200? I wouldn't recommend paying more than $150 for one.

And a i5 11400 has a faster CPU, but that doesn't matter if you can't buy a dedicated GPU, also comparing a cpu you need a GPU to play any games to one you can do some light gaming with isn't even a comparison IMO.

current stupid market, the chip is 200$.

And FYI:  The 11400 has a 730 GPU, the 11500+ has the 750 GPU, and the 730 is absolutely slower.

This is already happening in Malaysia since forever, u can't buy a GPU standalone, have to buy a full set of system to get a GPU

So I bought two whole systems to get GPUs, because it's still profitable to mine

And I get two spare systems yay

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

On 6/24/2021 at 6:53 PM, Amias said:

Everyday I wish f***ing cypto would crash down and price these miners out the market.

Gosh I wish GPU price would crash down too

I sold my crypto near the peak so I'm sitting on all cash waiting to scoop up more GPUs *-*

14 hours ago, Moonzy said:

waiting to scoop up more GPUs *-*

How many gpus you got now?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 6/23/2021 at 7:19 AM, tikker said:

I can't buy one at all at the moment.

you can buy one thoe...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

How many gpus you got now?

21 Ampere, sitting on >$10k from past three months of mining profit so I'm looking to buy ~10 more GPUs when prices comes down, but we'll see, coz idk GPU prices recently

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you can buy one thoe...

Well yes because now they're back in stock. They weren't when I posted that comment 😛

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

21 Ampere, sitting on >$10k from past three months of mining profit so I'm looking to buy ~10 more GPUs when prices comes down, but we'll see, coz idk GPU prices recently

Dang. Sadly GPU prices and crypto prices are correlated 😞 It's getting awfully tempting now though with dropping prices.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB