I want to start properly cooling my PC, getting rid of NZXT H510i

aaradorn

Hi guys and gals and anything in-between and outside of that, summer is coming (more dreadful for us PC'ers), and my H510i is kinda chocking my PC (looks good tho), so I've been thinking of upgrading, currently looking at the Lian-LI PC011, nice and big with loads of fan space and big enough holes. But my old NZXT kraken X62 wouldn't fit in it nicely so I'm looking to upgrade that to a 360mm (my girlfriend can use my old NZXT X62), what are some good 360mm rads out there? Preferably with RGB and if possible white/black design. 

I've taken a look at:

Corsair Icue

Deepcool

Fractal design

Lian Li GALAHAD

cooler master

nzxt

But I cant really see the cooling performance diference.

RGB ecosystems I use right now (disregarding case leds)

NZXT, corsair, ASUS and gigabyte.

Moving from the H510i to the O11 is a pretty lateral move. The O11 has "better" airflow in the sense that it's "better" to be shot with a rubber bullet than a real one. It still doesn't have *good* airflow.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Moving from the H510i to the O11 is a pretty lateral move. The O11 has "better" airflow in the sense that it's "better" to be shot with a rubber bullet than a real one. It still doesn't have *good* airflow.

That's true but, from what I have heard is, that it is an improvement, especially compared to a H510i with it's miniscule holes. Got any recommendations on other cases I should take a look at?

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

What do you mean? The o11 has pretty darn good airflow depending on the config you go with.Granted it is a watercooling case so yes air cooling wise it is not the best but not a bad case in any way.

Just now, aaradorn said:

That's true but, from what I have heard, is that it will improve it, especially compared to a H510i with it's miniscule holes. Got any recommendations on other cases I should take a look at?

The 4000D or 5000D airflow.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The 4000D or 5000D airflow.

Hmmm, looks good and it do be giving it that good suck (airflow wise)

2 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Hmmm, looks good and it do be giving it that good suck (airflow wise)

Can also always get the icue version if you want preconfigured rgb.

So I will most likely be going for the white iCUE 5000X and the iCUE 510 in white with RGB fans.

for cases I like 

lian li lancool ii mesh preformance

phanteks p500a

for aio

ek aio 360

phantek glacier one 360

I mean... i have been using the themraltake core p3 now and airflow cant really get and better yk. Also havent seen significabt dust build up on my rad compared to the hetasinks in my old case (sharkoon TG6, it was horrible)

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

8 hours ago, rafe_28 said:

I mean... i have been using the themraltake core p3 now and airflow cant really get and better yk. Also havent seen significabt dust build up on my rad compared to the hetasinks in my old case (sharkoon TG6, it was horrible)

open air case are best for cooler temps even beating out a mesh front case...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 6/14/2021 at 11:15 PM, narrdarr said:

lian li lancool ii mesh preformance

Recommended!! Am using, and have been for nearly 12 months now...excellento!! Plenty of room at front if you need to use a 360....

opening RTX 3080 017.jpg

opening RTX 3080 022.jpg

16 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

Recommended!! Am using, and have been for nearly 12 months now...excellento!! Plenty of room at front if you need to use a 360..

Not the mesh tho. Anf the mesh will have much better airflow

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Mmmm...I also had the mesh., but far preferred the looks of this model to the dual 140 mm RGB fans of the Mesh, so I kept this and sold the Mesh to a mate... and there's no issues with Airflow or overheating...and I still prefer this one. the cascading RGB effects are nice without being overpowering...to each his own...

The lil holes in the non mesh version arent gonna do much for airflow. The mesh has remarkably better thermals (which the author here is looking for) and looks are always upto preference. There really is no reason to go non mesh unless u ***love*** the rgb effect

Spoiler

It depends on your fans.. my little Meshify C has a few hundred cfm flowing through it when I spool them up. I also have an open bench and prefer my Meshify..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 4:58 AM, aaradorn said:

Hi guys and gals and anything in-between and outside of that, summer is coming (more dreadful for us PC'ers), and my H510i is kinda chocking my PC (looks good tho), so I've been thinking of upgrading, currently looking at the Lian-LI PC011, nice and big with loads of fan space and big enough holes. But my old NZXT kraken X62 wouldn't fit in it nicely so I'm looking to upgrade that to a 360mm (my girlfriend can use my old NZXT X62), what are some good 360mm rads out there? Preferably with RGB and if possible white/black design. 

I've taken a look at:

Corsair Icue

Deepcool

Fractal design

Lian Li GALAHAD

cooler master

nzxt

But I cant really see the cooling performance diference.

RGB ecosystems I use right now (disregarding case leds)

NZXT, corsair, ASUS and gigabyte.

As a representative of DeepCool, I would suggest one of the Castle 360mm options if you are looking for an AIO that can perform quite well. Paired with a CL500 or Matrexx 55 Mesh cases, you would get a good cooler with excellent air flow. From a design and aesthetic stand point, it is really up to your taste though.