Someone is selling GTX 1080, what would be a fair price?

Kanna

So someone in my local area is selling a GTX 1080 without packaging and just the GPU and he wants me to suggest a price but I don't know what would be a reasonable price but still not looking like I'm going to scam him. Help would be appreciated

image.png

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Well it launched for 599$ USA money in 2016.

In the normal world, I"d offer 250$ but this being the world as it is now, the price is probably sheer lunacy.

eBay completed listings are all over the map, 400$ and up, with things seemingly to hover around the 700$ pricepoint

So..perhaps offer him what he paid for it? 600$?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Hard to tell what its actually "worth" as "worth" is dependant on what the market will pay. 

What they're paying on Ebay for used 1080 Founders Editions is anywhere from $650 to $850 (USD) after a quick peruse of the Sold listings. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

In the normal world, I"d offer 250$ but this being the world as it is now, the price is probably sheer lunacy.

eBay completed listings are all over the map, 400$ and up, with things seemingly to hover around the 700$ pricepoint

Well he also got it used from someone so I think this is a way I can use to get it down in price a little

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I hate that this post is not insane in this current timeline...

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

Typically people that don't list a price themselves, and are instead asking someone else to give them a price, are just looking to take advantage of a naive buyer.

I always ignore ads for items that don't have a listed price.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

5 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Typically people that don't list a price themselves, and are instead asking someone else to give them a price, are just looking to take advantage of a naive buyer.

I always ignore ads for items that don't have a listed price.

Could you explain please?

Reminder⚠️

7 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Could you explain please?

They are hoping you offer 2000$ for the card, because we live in a GPU-scarce world and he's (the seller) is hoping you are so desperate you'll pay stupid prices...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

They are hoping you offer 2000$ for the card, because we live in a GPU-scarce world and he's (the seller) is hoping you are so desperate you'll pay stupid prices...

Well he doesn't even seem aware now that I'm typing with him

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Well he doesn't even seem aware now that I'm typing with him

Either he's not into computers and not been keeping up with current events (really, this stuff makes the mainstream news, how can he not be aware?), or the GPU is busted....

I'd demand to test it out fully before parting with money

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Either he's not into computers and not been keeping up with current events (really, this stuff makes the mainstream news, how can he not be aware?), or the GPU is busted....

I'd demand to test it out fully before parting with money

Well he can surely not be into PCs wouldn't surprise me when I live on the landside 

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well he can surely not be into PCs wouldn't surprise me when I live on the landside 

Let us know how this plays out, I'm very curious.

Also, if the GPU actually works or not.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Let us know how this plays out, I'm very curious.

Also, if the GPU actually works or not.

I will try to get some price I can actually afford but I will first ask if I can test but idk should I bring anything to test?

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

I will try to get some price I can actually afford but I will first ask if I can test but idk should I bring anything to test?

Well, if it's still in the seller's system, furmark or uningine (sp) Heaven Benchmark.

GPU-Z as well

If it's out of his system, then you bring yours and go to town.

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well, if it's still in the seller's system, furmark or uningine (sp) Heaven Benchmark.

GPU-Z as well

If it's out of his system, then you bring yours and go to town.

I will try to get it around $120 (yes that's probably far far away from possible but that's what I'm able to spend I don't have much money lol)

Reminder⚠️

32 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I will try to get it around $120 (yes that's probably far far away from possible but that's what I'm able to spend I don't have much money lol)

If it works and you get it for that price, I'll offer you double!

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If it works and you get it for that price, I'll offer you double!

lol, yeah but I’m really going to try because I need a better video card than my current 1060 3GB

Reminder⚠️

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

lol, yeah but I’m really going to try because I need a better video card than my current 1060 3GB

I had one of those cards, for the extremely modest gaming I do/did, it was just fine. If you don't mind shipping to USALand, I'll buy it off you 🙂 for a non-insane price of course 🤣

Make him an offer he can't refuse...👊

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 16-core 5950X

CPU Cooler: Artic Freezer 2 AIO 360mm Radiator

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Memory: 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz CL16

GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 MSI Ventus 3X 16GB GDDR6X

Storage OS: 500GB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD

Storage Games: 2TB Corsair MP600 Gen4 M.2 NVme SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Storage Misc: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 7200 RPM

PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000W 80+

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz 1ms 3440p (widescreen) HDR400 OLED panel 34"  + Asus PG258Q 240Hz 1ms 1080p G-Sync TN panel 24.5"

8 hours ago, Actual_Criminal said:

Make him an offer he can't refuse...👊

Yeah let's not lol

Reminder⚠️

10 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I had one of those cards, for the extremely modest gaming I do/did, it was just fine. If you don't mind shipping to USALand, I'll buy it off you 🙂 for a non-insane price of course 🤣

It's a single fan OEM model I don't think anyone would want this

Reminder⚠️

10 minutes ago, Kanna said:

MANY people want this :p. Any gpu really. But yeah 120$ is a big leap to try to get it to that. I would say 250$ and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

MANY people want this :p. Any gpu really. But yeah 120$ is a big leap to try to get it to that. I would say 250$ and see what happens.

Well it doesn't do much gaming tbh. Yeah I will just try that price I said if I don't get it well it's fine I can't do anything about it

Reminder⚠️

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

Which is the same model I had. For Minecraft it's just fine