New pc

Gabin

You need to check reviews. Sometimes professional software can run much faster on a professional-oriented card than a consumer counterpart with optimized driver, even when price is the same and the actual performance is much less. 

PC1: 5950X/32GB 3800C14/3080 FTW3/O11Air Mini

PC2: 5600G/16GB 4133C18/Open bench

So would 200 for a used Radeon pro we 4100 be worth it?

I’m am looking for a gpu to finish my pc and would like to know if a FirePro w8000 is worth it. I found one for 250 and was wondering if I should save up to buy a nvidia quadro p2000 or just yolo and buy a FirePro w800. I am mainly going to use cad and some lite games like Minecraft.

Quadro P2000 should perform slightly better than FirePro W8000 in games, but not in professional workloads. it's essentially a cutdown 1060 vs R9 280. Plus the Quadro is also more power efficient than the aging 28 nm GCN 1. Also be aware GCN 1 cards will lose driver support soon, while the Pascal Quadro should last a while.

25 minutes ago, Gabin said:

I am mainly going to use cad and some lite games like Minecraft.

If that's the case, use your iGPU as an interim solution (if available) and save up for better card or just wait for the price to come down. Neither buying an overpriced Quadro or a end-of-life FirePro is a good option.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

17 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Quadro P2000 should perform slightly better than FirePro W8000 in games, but not in professional workloads. it's essentially a cutdown 1060 vs R9 280. Plus the Quadro is also more power efficient than the aging 28 nm GCN 1. Also be aware GCN 1 cards will lose driver support soon, while the Pascal Quadro should last a while.

If that's the case, use your iGPU as an interim solution (if available) and save up for better card or just wait for the price to come down. Neither buying an overpriced Quadro or a end-of-life FirePro is a good option.

Well what gpu should I get then? My processor doesn’t have igpu 

11 hours ago, Gabin said:

Well what gpu should I get then? My processor doesn’t have igpu 

Nvidia simply has better support overall for professional applications. But for card you really don't need a good gpu and either is far overkill. I mean a simple gt 1030 (its stupid expensive now not a good option) would be totally fine.

17 hours ago, Gabin said:

I’m am looking for a gpu to finish my pc and would like to know if a FirePro w8000 is worth it. I found one for 250 and was wondering if I should save up to buy a nvidia quadro p2000 or just yolo and buy a FirePro w800. I am mainly going to use cad and some lite games like Minecraft.

Look for a used workstation, I scooped a Quadro p4000 for effectively only $4-500 by buying an aging rendering server. Also wasn't Quadro p2200 the same prices as p2000 but slightly better?

I am building a budget pc and am wondering if I should get a cpu and a old gpu I have a 256MB ATI Radeon HD 2600XT or is the intergrated graphics of a i5 10600k avengers edition.

The integrated GPU is 3 times better than the old GPU. An even better option is an AMD CPU with integrated Vega 11, 10 or 8 graphics (the higher the better). The Vega 11 is 3 times better than  the intel iGPU in the 10600k.

The integrated should be way better. Intel's 10th gen cpus has had a big reputation for it's iGPUs . The graphics card has 256 mb vram, you would be lagging even in 720p. 

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

In that case the iGPU will definitely be better.

Aside from raw performance, you won't be able to play (or even launch) anything recent-ish with a meager 256 MB of VRAM and the card isn't supported by modern drivers either (no official Windows 10 support).

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

you should also consider that the igpu takes ram from your ram so i would recommend 16gb of ram instead of 8gb

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Depends on the "old" GPU. Pretty much anything under a 1030 is going to be beat by the iGPU, so yeah, the card you have is not worth it.

Also, LOL @ the "avengers edition". That's not a relevant spec. All that equates to is the box art the CPU came in.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

i am looking to buy a gpu and was wondering if i should buy a used a nvidia quadro p2000 or a yeston radeon rx550. the nvidia quadro p2000 is 250 and the  yeston radeon rx550 is 190 brand new. my use is cad and occasional gaming. what is better?

The P2000 wipes the floor with the RX 550 according to TechPowerUp.
image.png.1fcadf9d6e977fce6a79e63f84e1c1e2.png

how did you find a p2000 for that cheap?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

How are you getting a P2000 for that price? Let me know lol

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

21 minutes ago, adarw said:

how did you find a p2000 for that cheap?

3 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

How are you getting a P2000 for that price? Let me know lol

i get used and negotiate the price based of were they live and shiping and stuff

38 minutes ago, wavem2 said:

The P2000 wipes the floor with the RX 550 according to TechPowerUp.
image.png.1fcadf9d6e977fce6a79e63f84e1c1e2.png

what if i got a dual rx550?

9 minutes ago, Gabin said:

what if i got a dual rx550?

get the P2000

i bought a PNY nvidia Quadro P2000 GPU Graphics Card 5GB Stream but i dont know if it works with my mobo. the mobo i bought is a GIGABYTE B460M DS3H V2. how can i check if there compatiable? there both pci-e*16 but on my mobo it says it has a pci-e 3.0*16 and for the gpu it just says  pci-e*16. is that fine?

16 minutes ago, Gabin said:

there both pci-e*16 but on my mobo it says it has a pci-e 3.0*16 and for the gpu it just says  pci-e*16. is that fine?

Yeah, as long as it both says the same lane amount and the physical slot is wide enough, itll be fine. The CPU and chipset will handle the lane and generation application.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

20 minutes ago, Gabin said:

i bought a PNY nvidia Quadro P2000 GPU Graphics Card 5GB Stream but i dont know if it works with my mobo.

1. Why wouldn't it? Yes, PCIE connectors are compatible with PCIE slots.

2. Why would you buy it before knowing if it was compatible?

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways