What's the most bloat you've seen?

da na

What's the most bloatware you've seen that comes with one program?

Personally, it was the Sound Blaster Z driver disk. Came with 9 programs and one of them was the drivers. The other 8 were other Creative products, a whole program just for registration, etc.

Lenovo anything 

My old msi laptop which had roughly 12 pre installed non-windows programs and trials

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

A phone I ordered from china long time ago. It was total shit and full of bloatwares

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

The Xiaomi (Redmi Note 8T) that I gave my grandmother just to have a phone to call someone that supports VoLTE and VoWiFi (not to mention a larger screen). So much crap, including a MIUI system ads service and all other bullshit they put on these things. Good hardware, horrible software. Every sort of bullshit you don't want or need including Facebook, TikTok, their "game launchers" and other stuff. It's really annoying cleaning that mess up. And it's not just that specific Xiaomi (or whatever daughter company they have) phone, it's all of their phones that come with all that stuff.

Yes. Frankly, if I'm going to buy a modern Android phone - and it's not made by someone like Google, Motorola or Nokia who still thankfully preload as near as possible to stock Android - then it's getting to the point where lack of a known way to root it is a dealbreaker for me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Fun fact:

Back when it was common for software to be distributed via CD/DVD, developers would be encouraged by their management overlords to make the software consume as much of the CD/DVD as possible because people thought bigger programs were better. That's why eastereggs were so common.

I heard about this when a 90's MS Office dev was talking about eastereggs and started talking about this. I don't remember exactly what video I heard it from.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

Any vehicle with an infotainment system.  Mazda is leading the pack right now with services on their automobiles that don't even work.  Not just their failed siriusxm contract.  I have a Pandora icon that will never work too.  Such rubbish.  My Ford has a bunch of useless apps on it too but at least android auto works.  Except android auto sucks in a bunch of other garbage too.  It's a never ending cycle of bloatware. 

2 hours ago, Heliian said:

Any vehicle with an infotainment system.  Mazda is leading the pack right now with services on their automobiles that don't even work.  Not just their failed siriusxm contract.  I have a Pandora icon that will never work too.  Such rubbish.  My Ford has a bunch of useless apps on it too but at least android auto works.  Except android auto sucks in a bunch of other garbage too.  It's a never ending cycle of bloatware. 

Not that long ago, I would call you crazy for talking about running apps on your car. The 2020's is bloat.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

16 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

Not that long ago, I would call you crazy for talking about running apps on your car. The 2020's is bloat.

Ya,  thats why there's tons of vehicles sitting unfinished waiting for their silicon.  Not basic ecu chips, all these fancy bcm's and infotainment systems.  I really don't need it to convey myself to work but the market demands it. 

Samsung phones from 2011-2014 with the resource hogging TouchWiz interface sitting on top of Android. The worst offenders would probably be the Galaxy S3, Note 2, and Galaxy S4 eras. Scrolling through a long email or worse, scrolling through text messages is just agonizingly slow on a Galaxy Note 2 running 4.1 Jelly Bean. It kinda got better with 4.4 Kit Kat but it's no where as smooth as stock Android or iOS at the time.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

That would have been a DELL PC running windows 10 [when windows 10 was just released]

Like really, 50+ program's of bloathware [counting the apps as well]

which you each have to manually uninstall.

it was easier to cleanly install windows 10 than to remove everything from the DELL PC.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

MSI Dragon Center. The amount of executables running just during the installation process is just mindblowing.