TITAN-Z ,worth it ?

LawrenceBarnes2013

OK ,it isn't ,i liked the lunch video and the numbers but ,would you spend 3000$ on a graphics card ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

It has begun.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

i would if i wanted a beast mitx gaming rig.

but im the minority 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I don't think it is really worth it but if you are in a SFF system that just happens to have 3 PCI Slots it could be worth it. Or if you need a lot of GPU power that also can be used for gaming.

Post farming? Just a little bit ? :P

\

Asking a tech community how economics works is a train wreck

disclaimer before this thread starts:

If it doesn't affect you, the price is irrelevant. If it does affect you, the price is irrelevant. You get what you pay for and the price is appropriate. 

Before someone cites Jay, I like his channel and his videos but he's flat out wrong on this one if he's speaking on anything other than emotion.

Error: 410

NO! 

hhh i like that     like straight away  "NO"

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Nope. If you really want two titans get Two titans and save 1000$

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

nope. dumbest thing you could do imho.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1+1=3

-Nvidia

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

Oh god here we go again...

Kids, the economies of scale and general supply and demand and price to performance fall apart with cards like this. Scratch that, they fall apart with products like this in general. Unless you absolutely need the best MITX rig known to mankind or you are rich and bored or you need hilariously 'cheap' Tesla performance, this card isn't for you.

But you already knew that. People who need it, they'll get it. People who question why it exists weren't buying it in the first place. This is nerd bling. This is "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". This is the gold plated Ferrari of the tech world. No one needs it. You want it. 

And thats why NVidia will sell every last one of them. You aren't buying a product. You're buying into the branding and the lulz that come with it. 

Asking if this is 'good value' is like asking if its okay to take a private chopper to work every day even though you live 4 blocks away from the office. Of course it isn't okay. But that doesn't mean you can't do it.

1655572_617081778382910_1592366602_o.jpg

Cause Muffin-button. 

Muffin-Button!

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

if i had 3k to spend on a GPU why would anyone buy a TITAN-Z? buy 3x 780ti's!

If it doesn't affect you, the price is irrelevant. If it does affect you, the price is irrelevant. You get what you pay for and the price is appropriate. 

This. So much this. Exactly this.

1+1=3

-Nvidia

I think you underestimate the amount of "engineering magic" that goes into putting two fully fledged GK110 cores on the same board.

I think you underestimate the amount of "engineering magic" that goes into putting two fully fledged GK110 cores on the same board.

The 1+1=3 meme is especially hurting my head.

I don't think many people realize for a company to exist they have to operate outside of the red.

Error: 410

Engineering magic is cool and all don't get me wrong. But for a consumer I don't think its a good option. 

Cool card I guess, but there are better options for almost every circumstance. There could maybe be a few SPECIFIC reasons for the card but I don't think many on this forum would need it. 

The 1+1=3 meme is especially hurting my head.

I don't think many people realize for a company to exist they have to operate outside of the red.

Are you kidding? This is the internet. Where companies work on charity and can never earn a profit for themselves. /s

NVidia might still actually go in the red on this card, but the overall marketing they are getting from it? Nearly priceless. 

I just think that the titan Z is just nvidia showing off, they must know that people are not going to buy a $3000 card when you could build an awesome PC for that.

Twitter | Steam |

if i had 3k to spend on a GPU why would anyone buy a TITAN-Z? buy 3x 780ti's!

but running SLI isn't the same as a single graphics card

you're wright but ,3000$ ,!!! come on

Engineering magic is cool and all don't get me wrong. But for a consumer I don't think its a good option. 

Cool card I guess, but there are better options for almost every circumstance. There could maybe be a few SPECIFIC reasons for the card but I don't think many on this forum would need it. 

They've made this very clear already. This card is not for gamers, it's for people who need / want a "super"-computer next to their desk. The card will most definitely be relevant, just not to you or most other users of this forum.

it is a cool card ,extremely mighty ,yes heavy engineering went into it ,to make something able to handle that much power and keep it stable for any one to use 

-i think if i ever get that kind of money ,i'll get one and call it a day ,never have to upgrade the graphics ever again