TITAN-Z ,worth it ?

LawrenceBarnes2013

They've made this very clear already. This card is not for gamers, it's for people who need / want a "super"-computer next to their desk. The card will most definitely be relevant, just not to you or most other users of this forum.

but not because he said it isn't meant for gamers doesn't mean you can't ,or wouldn't buy it to game on it ! :)

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

but not because he said it isn't meant for gamers doesn't mean you can't ,or wouldn't buy it to game on it ! :)

You can, definitely, but why would you? I guess it's probably cool to say you've got a Titan Z, but in reality getting 2 GTX 780Ti (or two Titan Black if you're running a way high resolution) is a much better and cheaper solution.

They've made this very clear already. This card is not for gamers, it's for people who need / want a "super"-computer next to their desk. The card will most definitely be relevant, just not to you or most other users of this forum.

How come?

That's a quote from their homepage:

GeForce GTX TITAN Z is a gaming monster, built to power the most extreme gaming rigs on the planet. With a massive 5760 cores and 12 GB of 7 Gbps GDDR5 memory, TITAN Z gives you truly amazing performance—easily making it the fastest graphics card we’ve ever made.

This is a serious card built for serious gamers. TITAN Z is designed with the highest-grade components to deliver the best experience – incredible speed and cool, quiet performance—all in a stunningly crafted aluminum case.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/announcing-the-geforce-gtx-titan-z 

I won't deny that it can't be used for some exceptional computing but I'm not sure if it even fits into an ITX case (2.5 slot). 

144Hz goodness

You can, definitely, but why would you? I guess it's probably cool to say you've got a Titan Z, but in reality getting 2 GTX 780Ti (or two Titan Black if you're running a way high resolution) is a much better and cheaper solution.

but it will add heat output ,power consumption and ,SLI ,witch is not my favorite thing ,  

having all that on a single card is the point of the titan Z 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

How come?

That's a quote from their homepage:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/announcing-the-geforce-gtx-titan-z 

I won't deny that it can't be used for some exceptional computing but I'm not sure if it even fits into an ITX case (2.5 slot). 

well ,do like me ,hand build a test bench and you wont have to worry about fitness  

Not worth unless u are doing not than gaming

well ,do like me ,hand build a test bench and you wont have to worry about fitness  

Then again I could use two Titan Blacks, right?

144Hz goodness

Then again I could use two Titan Blacks, right?

well i think an ITX case is meant for an ITX board witch doesn't support dual graphics !

Asking a tech community how economics works is a train wreck

disclaimer before this thread starts:

If it doesn't affect you, the price is irrelevant. If it does affect you, the price is irrelevant. You get what you pay for and the price is appropriate. 

Before someone cites Jay, I like his channel and his videos but he's flat out wrong on this one if he's speaking on anything other than emotion.

y u steal my bold text of yelling at people about titan z :(

But seriously people, it's not worth it. Because it wasn't designed to be worth it.  It's for the "1%er's" that will actually buy it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

y u steal my bold text of yelling at people about titan z :(

But seriously people, it's not worth it. Because it wasn't designed to be worth it.  It's for the "1%er's" that will actually buy it.

i'me afraid i would ,maybe ,probably ,Buy it 

well i think an ITX case is meant for an ITX board witch doesn't support dual graphics !

This post doesn't make much sense since it's a reply to your comment to use an open testbench if Titan Z doesn't fit into an ITX case. 

144Hz goodness

This post doesn't make much sense since it's a reply to your comment to use an open testbench if Titan Z doesn't fit into an ITX case. 

i said and open test bench ,the mobo features are your prob ,if it supports it or not 

but it will add heat output ,power consumption and ,SLI ,witch is not my favorite thing ,  

having all that on a single card is the point of the titan Z 

Running a Titan Z is also running SLI and brings the same problems, just in one card instead. It's great for ITX but otherwise I don't see the point of it.

Running a Titan Z is also running SLI and brings the same problems, just in one card instead. It's great for ITX but otherwise I don't see the point of it.

wel, for the power consumption yah ,but the heat out put ,not like two cards ,i don't think so ,but,,, until it gets tested non of this can be confirmed  

OK ,it isn't ,i liked the "lunch" video 

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

wel, for the power consumption yah ,but the heat out put ,not like two cards ,i don't think so ,but,,, until it gets tested non of this can be confirmed  

Of course the heat output will be nowhere near a two card setup, but if you're running two cards you should have a case to accommodate them anyways.

Of course the heat output will be nowhere near a two card setup, but if you're running two cards you should have a case to accommodate them anyways.

well i don't like running SLI any way  so

Come'on, it's made to enable higher GPU core density in CUDA computing...

And well yeah, there are still those who don't care about the price and will buy a couple just for hc gaming setups...

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

just buy 2 titan blacks

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

well i don't like running SLI any way  so

Is it running two cards or running SLI you don't like? Because the Titan Z is running SLI.

but running SLI isn't the same as a single graphics card

Seriously? The Titan Z is two cards in SLI. (I forget which one.) It is just on one PCI-E slot for convenience.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Seriously? The Titan Z is two cards in SLI. (I forget which one.) It is just on one PCI-E slot for convenience.

The Titan Z would be two Titan Blacks in Sli.

i would say just buy SLI 780ti. and your good to go

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Engineering magic is cool and all don't get me wrong. But for a consumer I don't think its a good option. 

Cool card I guess, but there are better options for almost every circumstance. There could maybe be a few SPECIFIC reasons for the card but I don't think many on this forum would need it. 

agreed

why?