BOINC Pentathlon 2021

Awwww, All the interesting stuff happened while I was in bed.

But well, this went way better than I was expecting for my FIrst BOINC event.

Hope to see ya guys next year......

And then we do this all over again

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

I always like to help but thought that keeping track of everything for the Pentathalon was a bit much for my life right now. Then Spec DMs me so I said "Alright, I'll help out in the marathon." A week later, and I had contributed to 3-4 of the events and had a great time doing so. Thank you Spec and everyone else who organized and pitched in. I can't wait for next year. CHEERS!

Fold on.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just as a reminder, LTT has participated 4 times so far. 

2018 - 17th

2019 - 10th

2020 - 6th

2021 - 5th

Can't say we've got anything to be unhappy with for our first few times competing.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hey, Top 5 is awesome! Great job everyone, and thank you for your contributions!

This particular line stuck out to me from the Final Report:

After starting difficulties, the team made headway, and the final Javelin Throw showed the tactical qualities of the team too.

Thank you, @GOTSpectrum, for reaching out to people individually and pulling them into the event. Personally, I wouldn't have even known it was running if I hadn't received that DM from you, and I suspect it played a large part in getting past those "starting difficulties". Well, that and @leadeater's army of servers handling the first few javelin tosses.

I had a lot of fun with this event - the small team size made strategizing important, and it genuinely felt like every individual participating was able to make an impact due to the number of ongoing/overlapping disciplines. It's a very different flavor to the Folding events, and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one!

5 minutes ago, Baha said:

Hey, Top 5 is awesome! Great job everyone, and thank you for your contributions!

This particular line stuck out to me from the Final Report:

Thank you, @GOTSpectrum, for reaching out to people individually and pulling them into the event. Personally, I wouldn't have even known it was running if I hadn't received that DM from you, and I suspect it played a large part in getting past those "starting difficulties". Well, that and @leadeater's army of servers handling the first few javelin tosses.

I had a lot of fun with this event - the small team size made strategizing important, and it genuinely felt like every individual participating was able to make an impact due to the number of ongoing/overlapping disciplines. It's a very different flavor to the Folding events, and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one!

Awesome to hear that you enjoyed yourself. As much as I like the folding events as everyone tries to out-do one another it is nice for us to come together as a team once a year for the BOINC Pentathlon and show just how supportive we can be of one another.  

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Awesome to hear that you enjoyed yourself. As much as I like the folding events as everyone tries to out-do one another it is nice for us to come together as a team once a year for the BOINC Pentathlon and show just how supportive we can be of one another.  

I like the team aspect as well. I used to run track/cross-country in high school and as much as a PR (personal record) was great to have, contributing to the team in order to get a meet win was even better. There was always strategizing going on with our VERY small teams in order to maximize our team points. Team wins are awesome and 5th place in the Pentathlon with our relatively small group is most definitely a win. Great job, everyone!

• 1 month later...

Thought i post here since my own threads haven't seemed to reach anyone. If anyone had fun doing the pentathalon, there's an all year boinc competition. Current sprint is Universe@Home if anyone could lend their CPUs

• 10 months later...
39 minutes ago, Nero24_P3D said:

No Pentathlon this year at LTT? 😟

Unfortunately they missed the deadline to register...

2 hours ago, Nero24_P3D said:

No Pentathlon this year at LTT? 😟

1 hour ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Unfortunately they missed the deadline to register...

RIP did we? lol oops

tbh I'm not sure how ready we were/are for it anyway