Any suggestions on technique or something I could do Differently??

I took this photo and was thinking, hey, I should ask if anyone has any recommendations on something I could do differently or improve on.

IMGP6687.PEF

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

11 hours ago, TheInvisible_Dude said:

Just wanted to let you know that the file won’t open. Idk if it’s just my phone tho

ok

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Same issue, can you imbedded a jpeg in you post instead of a raw file?

ok, I'll try

it is also compressed so It doesn't look as nice.IMGP6687.jpg

2 hours ago, Grungble said:

it is also compressed so It doesn't look as nice.IMGP6687.jpg

follow the kiss rule, keep it simple stupid

maybe use a macro lens

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

That's a busy image, it's not bad, but also shot in shade, which can be used to your advantage if you have the right gear (like the Macro lens mentioned above)

or recompose so it's less busy, the eye doesn't really have one thing it can focus on.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.