Is this a good part list

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

<-- Moved to New Builds and Planning -->

Do you have a question, comment, or concern with your build?

-_-

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

8 minutes ago, resolve_beta said:

why did you go for the EVGA GD? It's a much worse PSU compared to the Antec NeoEco gold/

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

<-- Thread Locked -->

Guess that answered that question. Please avoid posting threads unless you have a question or discussion you wish to have with the community. That is the purpose of the forums. If you want to post random stuff, please do so in Status Updates. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Thanks for marking my reply above as the best answer!
Something extra I want to say. You chose the cheapest 1080p 60hz monitor with 1ms response time.
If you can also mind 4ms response time, but want a bigger screen size than the 21.5" Asus, you can get these too (they are even 23.6" up until 31.5", which is quite a lot bigger):

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2kL7YJ/samsung-monitor-s27d590c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VcYWGX/samsung-monitor-s32e590c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pGGj4D/samsung-monitor-s24e510c

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9NQRsY/samsung-monitor-s27e591c

Oh yeah and you can also save money on the case, but I would not. It's easier to have a good quality case that's easy to build in. Also it's totally up to you and your preference. I think the case is fine.

No. For those case fans, you can put up to 5 in an argb port and a bunch in one fan header. You're going to need more fans though. The gtx 1080 ti is a very power hungry card. You should buy a fan splitter instead. (If you did not know already, the price of those parts are not 690 dollars. The price of the gtx 1080 ti is not included in that list, and the gtx 1080 ti is 700-1500 due to scalpers. you can't buy the gtx 1080 ti if your budget is 1000 dollars. Scalpers made it hard.)

Just now, MechWill said:

No. For those case fans, you can put up to 5 in an argb port and a bunch in one fan header. You're going to need more fans though. The gtx 1080 ti is a very power hungry card. You should buy a fan splitter instead. (If you did not know already, the price of those parts are not 690 dollars. The price of the gtx 1080 ti is not included in that list, and the gtx 1080 ti is 700-1500 due to scalpers. you can't buy the gtx 1080 ti if your budget is 1000 dollars. Scalpers made it hard.)

got the 1080 ti from a friend he bought it a while ago and now hes upgrading to a 3090

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

Just now, resolve_beta said:

got the 1080 ti from a friend he bought it a while ago and now hes upgrading to a 3090

Ah. Okay then, you can definitely get that. I still recommend you to invest in 2 more fans though.

2 minutes ago, MechWill said:

instead of more fans can I just take of the tempered glass

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

It is possible, but if you take off the tempered glass then dust will get in and damage your components. It is better to pay the extra 20 dollars.

Just now, MechWill said:

It is possible, but if you take off the tempered glass then dust will get in and damage your components. It is better to pay the extra 20 dollars.

how about I just run with glass off and then when I save up for more case fans I just put the glass back on would that be good?       Note: im 14 and burning all of my money from saving 5 years so getting 20$ might take a week

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

2 minutes ago, resolve_beta said:

how about I just run with glass off and then when I save up for more case fans I just put the glass back on would that be good?       Note: im 14 and burning all of my money from saving 5 years so getting 20$ might take a week

Still no, but if you don't need or want to game for a week you will be fine since your gpu and cpu won't need a lot of air since they aren't gaming and generating a significant of heat.

Just now, MechWill said:

Still no, but if you don't need or want to game for a week you will be fine since your gpu and cpu won't need a lot of air since they aren't gaming and generating a significant of heat.

how about glass off and fan on

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

2 minutes ago, resolve_beta said:

how about glass off and fan on

So I looked at your case and realized that it will come with 2 fans (pre installed) so you don't have to pay for extra fans. you're fine. I recommend 3 fans in the front sucking air in (intake) and 1 fan blowing out of the case (exhaust).

3 minutes ago, MechWill said:

So I looked at your case and realized that it will come with 2 fans (pre installed) so you don't have to pay for extra fans. you're fine. I recommend 3 fans in the front sucking air in (intake) and 1 fan blowing out of the case (exhaust).

1 fan pre installed and only two can fit in the front

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

5 minutes ago, resolve_beta said:

1 fan pre installed

then you only need one more fan. 10 dollars instead of 20 dollars.

Just now, MechWill said:

then you only need one more fan. 10 dollars instead of 20 dollars.

ayyy 69 posts

Also 3 cant fit in front

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

I think some can fit on top of the case. the more fans, the better. More fans will help your system last longer.

48 minutes ago, MechWill said:

https://www.amazon.com/MICRO-CONNECTORS-3-Pin-Addressable-Splitter/dp/B07Z122WPT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=argb+splitter&qid=1619128343&sr=8-1

you should get this for your argb fans. remember, this is only for the lights for your fans. I am pretty sure that your motherboard has enough fan headers to power your fans

im confused i thought you just said that my mobo has enough headers to power my fans why do I need an extension

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

Your motherboard has anough headers to power your fans and your fans only. Not the lights on your fans. The ARGB headers on your motherboard power the lights, and since there are few argb headers on your motherboard, you need an extension for them. there are two seperate headers. There are not enough headers for your argb lights on your fans, but there are enough to just make your fans spin, not make them glow.

11 minutes ago, MechWill said:

Your motherboard has anough headers to power your fans and your fans only. Not the lights on your fans. The ARGB headers on your motherboard power the lights, and since there are few argb headers on your motherboard, you need an extension for them. there are two seperate headers. There are not enough headers for your argb lights on your fans, but there are enough to just make your fans spin, not make them glow.

thanks for dumbing it down for me. 🙂

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

Budget (including currency):  UNDER 700$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant and more games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

If you mean under 700 minus the video card/ you already have it it looks good. although in like 99% of games you could use a much higher hz monitor.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler