Have Linus and Luke(Slick) ever argued?

RamSatesh

I'm sure they have argued with each other,but it never shows in their videos,this just came to me while scrolling down through content.

I reckon they have, have you ever made a new friend and been like "f* i know were gonna argue eventually" and at some point you end up breaking the barrier between being super friendly and start treating them differently.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

On every WAN show about small stuff, but nothing get to serious and bloody:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Several times on the WAN Show. I mean, it never gets to the point where we're worried somebody's gonna throw a punch, but they do argue sometimes.

This, of course, brings up the question: who would win in a fight? Linus or Slick???

In arguements where they don't to each other anymore,if this have never happened before,it may most likely occur in the future,may effect the channel.

In arguements where they don't to each other anymore,if this have never happened before,it may most likely occur in the future,may effect the channel.

I'm assuming you mean don't talk to each other anymore, that won't happen since both @LinusTech and @Slick are mature enough to argue like heck but not hold it against each other. That's how great friendships are formed. And I'm guessing they might keep some form of professionalism in their relationship however I do think that they are good friends and sometimes argue like cat and dog.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

You do realize how many times Slick has been fired right? Of course they have argued and Slick always loses his job but then Linus takes him back cuz he needs a handsome face on the show. :P

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You do realize how many times Slick has been fired right? Of course they have argued and Slick always loses his job but then Linus takes him back cuz he needs a handsome face on the show. :P

And a decent overclocker.

I think Slick deserves a pack of earmuffs. 

This, of course, brings up the question: who would win in a fight? Linus or Slick???

Slick. Those guns.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I'd be amazed if they don't have a heated debate about the Facebook / Oculus deal on the WAN show this week.

Well I feel like Linus would become super angry and start running at Slick doing windmills with his arms or just slapping furiously and slick would end up just holding him back with one arm waiting for Linus to calm down.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The truth is that Linus is the owner of Linus Media Group, and any business related debate they have, he ultimately has full control.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I am sure they have,

Seeing Linus on the streams and so on, and from the kind of person he is, I am 100% positive he can be seriously annoying [tiny men tend to be]. ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

They argue every single day, i spied on them. PLAY THE DRAMATIC MUSIC.

I am sure they have,

Seeing Linus on the streams and so on, and from the kind of person he is, I am 100% positive he can be seriously annoying [tiny men tend to be]. ^^

agreed,haha

Linus and Slick I think make a good couple because they are such different personalities and complement each other. Probably why their relationship works..

Once they had a bit of an argument over a mech keyboard that Slick took for himself, which Linus really didn't like. But it never has gotten really bad, at least that is how it seems for us viewers

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I've seen a couple in the WAN show that have bordered in awkward but never to a point where there's hate between those two.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I bet they have weekly boxing matches to dissipate any anger that exists between them.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

The arguement about the Razer mechanical switches went on for a while, and they both looked exhausted afterwards.

The arguement about the Razer mechanical switches went on for a while, and they both looked exhausted afterwards.

I want to make a married couple / make up sex joke.

This is something for @LinusTech

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

The truth is that Linus is the owner of Linus Media Group, and any business related debate they have, he ultimately has full control.

^ This ^ Anyone who has ever had a job knows the importance of keeping that job because you need money to live. What Linus says goes, otherwise get a new job.