Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Maybe something home NAS related? Like, EPYC Embedded? Asrock Rack got this really interesting board EPYC3451D4U-2L2T2O8R . It got dual 10G sfp+, dual 10g rj45, 1 pciex16 slot, 1 pciex8 slot, and 5 more pciex4 over oculink. I'm thinking if you guys make a video on it, it would be A LOT easier for me to get one of these when I need to upgrade my NAS 2 or 3 years later when they are getting replaced hopefully?

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPYC3451D4U-2L2T2O8R#Specifications

Love watching all the videos that LTT comes up with and I will continue to watch them all. 

I just wish there was more budget friendly content that these guys posted frequently. 

Now that I think of it, the last few videos I remember were all about tech which I can never afford and you guys basically just upgrade your offices / houses and I somehow end up funding it indirectly. Sorry no hate but that's not fair.

I need a budget friendly section on your channel which gets upgraded frequently so that I don't have to spend hours on reddit and Amazon trying to find a good cheap product that I can actually afford. 

Edited by raiden1691

@raiden1691 merged into video suggestion thread. 

LTT has plenty of content at all budgets...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Could we have another roasting our setup's video? I really enjoyed the other 2 that they made.

Hey all just joined for this specific thread and had something of interest.

I have the first game console released complete in box (not verified working as it needs specific hardware to run). If the team wants to try to play with it and extract some content out of it, it would be my honor to lend it out. If this gets some traction I can provide all the info needed :)

Have you guys done videos about smartglasses? I keep being pestered about Viture One

I only supose its one brand amid dozens that try to sell this kind of thing. But since Linus like's VR that much, it would be cool to have is opinion on the performance.

Please ask Taron or another Keyboard Fanatic to review the Charachorder and it's claims

https://www.charachorder.com/about-us

Type faster than is physically possible on any other keyboard

Access over 270 unique inputs without their fingers ever breaking contact with the device

Wants you to type in WORDS rather just letters which seem to be essentially defined macros.

270 unique inputs allows a larger number of easy access macros than any other keyboard.

spacer.png

With house prices being insane at the moment can we have a fully teched out van, bed and all.

Like in built surround sound speakers, fold out gaming rig, app controlled lights etc

Hello first time write in for suggestion. Long time Youtube Tech tips channel watcher. Question? Have you guys ever used a blue-tooth usb dongle receiver\transmitter on a smart TV, and would it work to connect headphones for sound? 

Dear LMG,

I saw this video about the 'save the hero' from builders cart reader.

I was wondering if it was possible to check out the GB Operator?

It is supposed to be a GameBoy cartridge reader with built-in emulator so you can play your games directly from the cartridge on pc.
It also has the feature of saving your games on pc and then transfer them to the cartridge, etc... Similar to the cart reader in the video.

I'm really interested in buying a cart reader but I only own original GameBoy games and I don't have the need for other connections on the reader.
I looked into the 'save the hero' cart reader, but the GB Operator is much cheaper.
However I don't know if this is legit or not. So far you can't find that much information about it and only some YouTube videos that I don't really trust. It's also supposed to detect fake cartridges.
You can only pre-order it and the estimated delivery is June or longer.

So I was wondering if you could maybe look into it and maybe make a video about it to see if it's real or a scam?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards.

10 hours ago, neotran said:

Have you guys done videos about smartglasses? I keep being pestered about Viture One

I only supose its one brand amid dozens that try to sell this kind of thing. But since Linus like's VR that much, it would be cool to have is opinion on the performance.

I came here to say the same thing! Those smartglasses look really cool.

I would suggest on the next Video to analyse the superior featuers of RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) where on most of the PS3 games the Frame Rates Unlock from 30 to 60FPS and using FSR the user can upscale the resolution i.e from 720p into 4K.

I have tested several old playstation exclusives games for PS3 and the result is amazing regarding the Graphic Improvement and stable 60 FPS especially on Ratchet & Clank series where when connectin the PC on TV the level of graphs/performance is equal to PS5.

would love to see a colab with the mighty car mods guys, some sort of build off. lambo 2.0 maybe?

You could use PDLC Film for Linus home windows.

Last episode about his home was a bit sad to watch, with all theses blurry windows, and the people between them and the camera getting Minecraftized.

PDLC films are based on liquid crystal and allows to be turned either transparent or diffusing at the flip of a switch. They are sticked on windows and basically are electronic curtains.

Some power supply also allow to be "dimmed" to get adjustable values of diffusion. 

Theses films and the installation of them is not cheap, but I mean, if you want the absolute high tech house, make the editors happy, and get higher production value for future shots at Linus house...

It's seems to be some company in Canada doing such things. 

You could also go the alibaba way, but please don't electrocute yourself, they are lower voltage than main, but still high (~70 Vac).

Its seems to be newer versions around 24 Vac) 

I'd love to see a video about converting older tape based cameras to digital ones. For anyone who isn't aware, a lot of MiniDV cameras, and chiefly the Sony VX1000, are very popular in skateboarding filming (and other things, mostly derived from the interest in skateboarding), in order to recreate some of the look and feel of classic skate videos. The issue with using these however, is that using MiniDV is kind of a pain compared to shooting onto an SD card. Additionally, the MiniDV tapes aren't being made anymore, so it's hard to get them. This has led to people converting them to digital.

There are some more readymade options, but where it gets really interesting with the more DIY options. Here's a video about it:

The main product used here is now unavailable unfortunately, but with some digging I'm sure there's other solutions.

I feel like this could be an interesting video with Linus and another host going through the process, maybe the guy who had a bunch of tape videos saved (can't remember his name :( ) or someone who is into some scene that uses VX1000s, if there are any.

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

I'm watching this video

and got an idea for a few videos on the topic of "How do you intend to build a partial environment at the new house to allow room for "technology detox" for those moments where and when you just need to be human and disconnect from all the technology you surround yourself with?"

I think this is a topic where multiple LMGers could pitch in their ideas (or how they do it), but also for those who wish to buy their own houses one day and build their modern own dream homes (varies very widely of course) later in their lives.

Like for example, at the end of the day, we're just human beings and even we have limits and stuff.

Worth thinking about tbh. 🙂

Then again, I haven't found a Linus/Yvonne Life Tips channel yet.

Since iFixit now sells all Steam Deck components, aside from the battery and SSD, both of which could be acquired quite easily elsewhere, can we expect a "Build your own Steam Deck instead of waiting for one"-type of video?

In the EU, it came out to roughly 625 EUR, which I reckon might be 625 USD in the US. I already have my Steam Deck, but I'd still like to build one from scratch.

Also, the motherboard is about 299 EUR (and readily available), which is awesome! Didn't even expect to see it with the custom chip being sold separately. The possibilities here... Building a custom handheld, maybe? Could even compare it to Framework, heh.

Here's a link and here's to hoping this makes it into a video. Otherwise, I'm somewhat sure someone like Brett from UFD Tech might try to do it.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:47 AM, Abraxaz said:

With house prices being insane at the moment can we have a fully teched out van, bed and all.

Like in built surround sound speakers, fold out gaming rig, app controlled lights etc

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

Would love to see the most powerful build you can make using a GPU that only has one fan

image.png.5dac805c538f579bf465c58cdbdc293d.png

Please have LTT store or get framework onboard about making a lcd handheld gaming shell for downcycling old framework laptop logicboards.   It would be absolutely amazing to just move your previous laptop logic board into your handheld gaming platform.  It also seems like the logic board is already setup especially well to do such a task.  They've already shown to support linux very well and could very well benefit from upcoming linux steamdeck development.   Just seems like an all around win.

If marketed specs are true, new Sabrent 8TB Rocket 4 Plus is one of the fastest and highest capacity NVMe SSDs out there (also first TLC 8TB NVMe?) so it could be nice to have a review of it.

On 5/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, Abraxaz said:

mattfoley.gif.00115ec20221ed0c5ff9399bd6bb2fbb.gif

On 5/19/2022 at 6:47 PM, rapidkillerx said:

I'd love to see a video about converting older tape based cameras to digital ones. For anyone who isn't aware, a lot of MiniDV cameras, and chiefly the Sony VX1000, are very popular in skateboarding filming (and other things, mostly derived from the interest in skateboarding), in order to recreate some of the look and feel of classic skate videos. The issue with using these however, is that using MiniDV is kind of a pain compared to shooting onto an SD card. Additionally, the MiniDV tapes aren't being made anymore, so it's hard to get them. This has led to people converting them to digital.

There are some more readymade options, but where it gets really interesting with the more DIY options. Here's a video about it:

The main product used here is now unavailable unfortunately, but with some digging I'm sure there's other solutions.

You know you're getting old when composite video is some kind of secret "wisdom of the ancients" trick. 😕 Nobody tell them you can get full DV25 quality out of the FireWire port...

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

From my own experience I've come up with a "secret repair shopper" video idea. For more than 3 years I've been struggling with the (warranty) repair of my previous monitor and my current monitor and the problems are still not solved. The experience I have had with the two (big) company's are nothing short of a joke. It goes from lying, dodging warranty claims, not being able to repair the monitor, to not being able to get in contact with the company at all. At this moment my monitor is back for repair again for more than 5 weeks and there is simply no way of getting any information about the repair at all. I would love to see Linus do a similar video as the secret shopper video series but this time trying to get things repaired under warranty. If their experience is anything close to mine that it would be a real interesting video.

I myself am a repair technician for a big international company so I know what I should expect from a company and what a company can expect from me and I hope that, if this video becomes a reality, company's would face there own behavior and clean up there act when it comes to customer service.

edit.

Trying to find out what the warranty policy with dead (sub)pixels is was interesting as well. The company came with 3 different policies from zero dead pixels to 1 pixel per million to 2 pixels per million. I honestly still don't know what their actual policy is.