CDPR just released the Patch Notes for CP2077 V1.2 and its MASSIVE!!

Master Disaster

I mean this probably won’t stop it from having mediocre gameplay but it’s good to see CDPR working on fixing it ( it would have been better if it wasn’t broken at launch ) and not just taking people’s money and running away ( *cough* EA anthem *cough* ).

i hope that the Update will fix the bug, where my friend couldn’t sprint anymore.

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

4 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

I mean this probably won’t stop it from having mediocre gameplay but it’s good to see CDPR working on fixing it ( it would have been better if it wasn’t broken at launch ) and not just taking people’s money and running away ( *cough* EA anthem *cough* ).

i hope that the Update will fix the bug, where my friend couldn’t sprint anymore.

I'm not sure that they could afford to ditch the game. The Witcher 3 is old enough that most people who are going to play it already own it, and those that do buy it now, will do so at well below full price. Ditch Cyberpunk, and they will have very little income until they launch their next game, which is probably 4 years away? Maybe more? I know they own GOG, but I can't imagine that is a money printing machine.

Flip side, EA release lots of games every year, and have many revenue streams. Killing a game shortly after release is perfectly survivable for them, though obviously not ideal.

Also back to the patch, V now gets on the bed the right way round!  

1 minute ago, Monkey Dust said:

I'm not sure that they could afford to ditch the game. The Witcher 3 is old enough that most people who are going to play it already own it, and those that do buy it now, will do so at well below full price. Ditch Cyberpunk, and they will have very little income until they launch their next game, which is probably 4 years away? Maybe more? I know they own GOG, but I can't imagine that is a money printing machine.

Flip side, EA release lots of games every year, and have many revenue streams. Killing a game shortly after release is perfectly survivable for them, though obviously not ideal.

Also back to the patch, V now gets on the bed the right way round!  

It would be highly unusual for them to not do at least one more update as well.  It will be smaller than this one I suspect.  The way it usually goes is 1 patch to solve really hellish problems quickly, one larger one to get the rest of them, and a third smaller one to finish off anything else and get the problems caused by the second update.  Maybe address some game balance stuff as well. Sometimes there is a fourth if there is a “game of the year” addition (which could very well happen in their case) so final stuff is usually 1.1.1, 1.2.1, or 1.3

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Ditch Cyberpunk, and they will have very little income until they launch their next game, which is probably 4 years away?

Could depend on how much (if any) of the Witcher IP they own, re money from Netflix.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

1 hour ago, Video Beagle said:

Could depend on how much (if any) of the Witcher IP they own, re money from Netflix.

Would that be anything like enough though.  My memory is tripleA games have higher development costs than big budget movies.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Video Beagle said:

They get nothing from Netflix.

17 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

I'm not sure that they could afford to ditch the game. The Witcher 3 is old enough that most people who are going to play it already own it, and those that do buy it now, will do so at well below full price. Ditch Cyberpunk, and they will have very little income until they launch their next game, which is probably 4 years away? Maybe more? I know they own GOG, but I can't imagine that it is a money printing machine.

It's not. My personal theory as to why CP2077 was released like it was is because they were out of operating capital and had no more loans to tap. They were 7-8 months past their release window with 2 of those months being paid OT.  They tried to make a R* sized game with none of the institutional experience or backup income streams.

1 minute ago, ravenshrike said:

They get nothing from Netflix.

It's not. My personal theory as to why CP2077 was released like it was is because they were out of operating capital and had no more loans to tap. They were 7-8 months past their release window with 2 of those months being paid OT.  They tried to make a R* sized game with none of the institutional experience or backup income streams.

Ouch.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ouch.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the game. Largely because I was well aware that hype was to be ignored and as someone used to loading up 150+ mods in Skyrim/F:NV/F4/M&B etc... crashing once every 4-6 hours on a PS4 Pro with external SSD didn't bother me. Especially since they had 5 autosave and a 2 button quicksave system(a first for console games I believe) which effectively meant no lost progress. But you can clearly see a bunch of hooks meant to have been for branching quest options and entire quest lines having been dropped or removed.

1 minute ago, ravenshrike said:

Don't get me wrong, I liked the game. Largely because I was well aware that hype was to be ignored and as someone used to loading up 150+ mods in Skyrim/F:NV/F4/M&B etc... crashing once every 4-6 hours on a PS4 Pro with external SSD didn't bother me. Especially since they had 5 autosave and a 2 button quicksave system(a first for console games I believe) which effectively meant no lost progress. But you can clearly see a bunch of hooks meant to have been for branching quest options and entire quest lines having been dropped or removed.

That might be carving up for sale later if the latest rumours are true.

Yesterday someone leaked a roadmap that showed 10 free DLCs and 4 paid DLCs are in the works. I have to wonder how much stuff they cut out to add to the paid DLCs when they come later.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

I was thinking mostly about the lack of money from Netflix.  Makes sense though.  The author is the one who owns the IP.  They just licensed it like Netflix did.   The author might be a rich dude though.  Also I hadn’t thought of cyberpunk being a shoestring project but that makes sense too. 

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yesterday someone leaked a roadmap that showed 10 free DLCs and 4 paid DLCs are in the works. I have to wonder how much stuff they cut out to add to the paid DLCs when they come later.

Those 10 free DLCs better include some good sidequests and actual activities to do in Night City.

The game broke my heart basically. No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd...

I've played through around half of the game so far and can't be bothered to play it again for the time being. Maybe when all of the DLC and patches release I might give it a second chance...

MAIN SYSTEM: Intel i9 10850K | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4-3600C16 | RTX 3070 FE | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI | Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSDs | EVGA SuperNova 850 P2 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Razer Cynosa V2 | Corsair Scimitar Elite | Gigabyte G27Q

Other Devices: iPhone 12 128GB | Nintendo Switch | Surface Pro 7+ (work device)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm talking about the underlying structure of the quests, theres a bunch of areas where full branching was aimed towards at some point and then decided against. It is unlikely that any of the DLCs will change that. The 3, not 4, paid expansions(the idea that Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine were mere DLC is laughable) are unlikely to have been cut content themselves, although may include some cut content such as the skyscraper mansion. Given the contents of a bunch of the info shards picked up doing bounties and the like, it is very likely one of the expansions will center on a conspiracy within a biotech company.

3 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

Quite possibly. Another explanation is there was quite a lot of merch and music tied to the release, delaying though further could have triggered penalty clauses in contracts. Plus wanting to squeeze the release in before Christmas...

On 3/29/2021 at 7:10 AM, gloop said:

That’s id Software, only published by Bethesda. I personally think the last good game Bethesda made was Morrowind, going on nearly 19 years now. 

I like what I see.

What did I do to deserve this honor?

To be frank, I've seen Payday 2 shopfronts that looked better than the 3 polygon, non rendered cars that plagued me in my CP2077 experience

Spoiler

EjectedCasings_PAYDAY2CRIMEWAVEEDITION_20201231_05-35-49.thumb.png.4a889405bef110b450c75a597351b448.png

Also: a sneak peek at CP2077's new Pirate DLC

EjectedCasings_SeaofThieves_20210115_05-09-29.thumb.png.e4e978cff940dd9660bca74c1c3912d4.png

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Lost faith in CDPR with this one.

I don't really care what caused the overhype pre-release and the release in such a poor state (sure the publisher (WB) has a lot to do with this) but this launch was much too similar to any recent EA title. This patch has a long list of 'fixes' but most people will be hard pressed to spot the difference during actual gameplay between the two versions, pre and post patch.

Apart from the launch/performance/bug issues, I did not find the game enjoyable nor captivating - very generic storyline with decent writing. Only got about 2 hours (actual playtime) in and don't intend to give it another go for quite some time, if at all again.

Still glad I never purchased this game and only 'demoed' it.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:54 PM, EjectedCasings said:

To be frank, I've seen Payday 2 shopfronts that looked better than the 3 polygon, non rendered cars that plagued me in my CP2077 experience

Reveal hidden contents

EjectedCasings_PAYDAY2CRIMEWAVEEDITION_20201231_05-35-49.thumb.png.4a889405bef110b450c75a597351b448.png

Also: a sneak peek at CP2077's new Pirate DLC

EjectedCasings_SeaofThieves_20210115_05-09-29.thumb.png.e4e978cff940dd9660bca74c1c3912d4.png

I have no idea how they did it, but as shitty and broken (anyone remembers day 1 grinder?) as PD2 is, I've sunk 1k hours in it. 

I really want to play this game. But part of me wants to skip it because I bought a PS5 just for that. And you know how the launch went, CDPR decided to delay the next gen console version until this fall so they can have a second launch for the same game.

Post image

the release was a monumental fuck up that people just moved on and forgot about it, or those that didn't forget, don't care about CP2077 anymore

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒