What tech do you find.... Annoying?

Beerzerker
Message added by SansVarnic,

Please utilized the Muti-Quote Function. It Exists. Use It.

If you need to add more content, edit your comment to add more.

15 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Games installed from the MS Store going in a mystery folder and not being moddable because of their unknown location

This but also being non-transferable and not being able to be used after a reinstall of windows.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

subscriptions, like why do i have to pay 12 buck a month just to be able to use a $500 console.聽

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

7 minutes ago, adarw said:

subscriptions, like why do i have to pay 12 buck a month just to be able to use a $500 console.聽

i think you can stop right there.

the concept of ownership is disappearing fast and i do not like it.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

34 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Games installed from the MS Store going in a mystery folder and not being moddable because of their unknown location

Or Microsoft Store trying to update drivers from my motherboard that brick Sonic Studio 3 because it's a newer version on the Store versus what I download from the motherboard's website.聽

CPU Cooler Tier List|| Motherboard VRMs Tier List||Motherboard Beep & POST Codes|| Graphics Card Tier List||PSU Tier List

Main System Specifications:聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||聽聽CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler||聽RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18聽 ||Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570聽 ||聽聽SSD: Samsung 970聽EVO聽1TB聽M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)||聽聽HDD:聽2X Western Digital聽Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)聽 ||GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT聽 || 聽PSU: EVGA P2 1600W聽 ||聽聽Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow||聽聽Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE聽RGB聽 ||聽聽Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky聽Switches聽 || 聽Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL||聽聽Monitor:ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"聽

12 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Or Microsoft Store trying to update drivers from my motherboard that brick Sonic Studio 3 because it's a newer version on the Store versus what I download from the motherboard's website.聽

Or WIndows Update installing the wrong chipset drivers for my workstation's storage controller and completely bricking my machine so I have to clear my CMOS. Happened about 6 months ago. Corrupted my Windows install and my RAID array too; luckily I keep backups.

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Or WIndows Update installing the wrong chipset drivers for my workstation's storage controller and completely bricking my machine so I have to clear my CMOS. Happened about 6 months ago. Corrupted my Windows install and my RAID array too; luckily I keep backups.

That really sucks (At least you have backups, I don't know exactly know how except for the Backup feature in Settings).聽I just wished I could hide the update or prevent it from ever installing.聽

CPU Cooler Tier List|| Motherboard VRMs Tier List||Motherboard Beep & POST Codes|| Graphics Card Tier List||PSU Tier List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||聽聽CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler||聽RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18聽 ||Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570聽 ||聽聽SSD: Samsung 970聽EVO聽1TB聽M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)||聽聽HDD:聽2X Western Digital聽Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)聽 ||GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT聽 || 聽PSU: EVGA P2 1600W聽 ||聽聽Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow||聽聽Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE聽RGB聽 ||聽聽Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky聽Switches聽 || 聽Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL||聽聽Monitor:ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"聽

22 minutes ago, Arika S said:

i think you can stop right there.

the concept of ownership is disappearing fast and i do not like it.

yea its stupid companies are like renting stuff out........ but you pay way more

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

That really sucks (At least you have backups, I don't know exactly know how except for the Backup feature in Settings).聽I just wished I could hide the update or prevent it from ever installing.聽

Yeah, I suggested that as a Windows 11 feature... And same, I just use the Settings feature for backups. Don't have a lot of data, mainly just Unity, Unreal and Unigine dev files which aren't too big so it works for me.

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Yeah, I suggested that as a Windows 11 feature... And same, I just use the Settings feature for backups. Don't have a lot of data, mainly just Unity, Unreal and Unigine dev files which aren't too big so it works for me.

Yeah, I just backup the most vital files onto a HDD just in case of a failure/corruption. Game files, I don't care about as I can redownload them, albeit take more time to download again.聽

Oh I wish I had done that for Technic Launcher (Minecraft and mods) but I never knew where it saved the game files unfortunately. Too much time I wasted just for Windows to crap out.聽

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Yeah, I just backup the most vital files onto a HDD just in case of a failure/corruption. Game files, I don't care about as I can redownload them, albeit take more time to download again.聽

Oh I wish I had done that for Technic Launcher (Minecraft and mods) but I never knew where it saved the game files unfortunately. Too much time I wasted just for Windows to crap out.聽

Same, game files I know I can just re-download, I just back up my game development and CAD folders in case Windows decides to take a dump on my hours of work.

this might have been said before but right to repair stuff. its ours, were not buying a whole new one just for a tiny thing.

im looking at you apple.

-----------------

#

11 minutes ago, adarw said:

this might have been said before but right to repair stuff. its ours, were not buying a whole new one just for a tiny thing.

im looking at you apple.

As I said on an early page, everything made by Apple post-2010 can be a living hell to work on. Most things made post 2010 are that way honestly, especially smartphones/tablets, but Apple's desktops really stand out in being needlessly proprietary - hopefully that will change.

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

As I said on an early page, everything made by Apple post-2010 can be a living hell to work on. Most things made post 2010 are that way honestly, especially smartphones/tablets, but Apple's desktops really stand out in being needlessly proprietary - hopefully that will change.

hopefully.... but the truth is it wont sadly

-----------------

#

On 3/21/2021 at 2:05 AM, Beerzerker said:

Thought about this last night when I ran into (Once again) a particular piece of tech that's just annoying.
I'm talking about the gas pumps that while pumping, also want to throw ads and just assorted crap at you while filling up or topping off. I don't mind it too much on TV and other places because well... It's expected.

I understand advertising is part of business.....
But at the pump itself?

Ads and vids from Cheddar, KFC, Wendy's and other's blasting (loudly) from the pump that are a real distraction and franky gets on my nerves - Makes me NOT want to patronize the places they feature instead of generating interest in them.

That's one piece of annoying tech I don't like at all.聽
What tech is annoying to you?

Stupid laptop manufacturers putting 8c/16t CPUs and then throwing 8 gigs of soldered ram. Or even Microsoft. They put in a 4c/8t CPU and then add 4gigs of ram. The amount of RAM in a system should be 2x-3x the number of cores,which 8 gigs being a minimum for all systems.

Tech that is full of spyware and malware (spoiler alert: the majority of computers).

I cannot quote people with the built-in function because I almost never enable JavaScript on websites. You won't get notified if I reply to you, sadly :/

1 hour ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Stupid laptop manufacturers putting 8c/16t CPUs and then throwing 8 gigs of soldered ram. Or even Microsoft. They put in a 4c/8t CPU and then add 4gigs of ram. The amount of RAM in a system should be 2x-3x the number of cores,which 8 gigs being a minimum for all systems.

i can get it when its 4gb on a $200 laptops but windows laptops cost like a thousand dollars lol, wait theres laptop cpus that have 8 cores?

Edited by adarw

-----------------

#

Here in Chicago we have traffic cameras.

If you roll a red light, you get a ticket in the mail.

Another annoyance is the toll system. They change the rules every year so they have a way to fine everyone.聽

Nothing like getting a 900$ bill in the mail for 3.75 cents in tolls. 7 days to pay or else.