What tech do you find.... Annoying?

Beerzerker
Message added by SansVarnic,

Please utilized the Muti-Quote Function. It Exists. Use It.

If you need to add more content, edit your comment to add more.

Anything with lights that are on when the device is off, don't make me reach around the back to unplug it

ROUTERS THAT HAVE LIGHTS ON AND YOU CANNOT TURN THEM OFF ONLY "DIM THE LIGHT" IS SOOO ANNOYING. I AM USING MY OLD ROUTER AS AN ACCESS POINT AND THE ROUTER THINKS IT IS TIME FOR A RAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

16 hours ago, Moonzy said:

30-series Nvidia GPU length: why tf are you so long?

Are they really that long? The 3090 FE is honestly a decently easy card to work with as an SFF case designer (I'm no major case design company but I am designing a case around the 3090 FE). It's only 312mm long while some 6000 series AIBs are at 340mm haha. 

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

3 hours ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

Are they really that long?

>:c

Spoiler

Zotac 3080 Trinity OC in Meshify C, it's literally poking into the fan hub, i squeezed it in while bending the cooler shroud slightly

DSC_0371.thumb.JPG.884b827e00126bf76946efb74d9f2ce4.JPG

TUF 3060Ti in Meshify 2, had to move drive cage up and the cage fits in the gap between the cooler, or else it wouldn't fit

DSC_0368.thumb.JPG.086b39025762945e217204c474fb69ab.JPG

MSI 3070 Gaming x Trio in Meshify C

DSC_0308.thumb.JPG.598d48ddfbffc182f84a182bc5f09e62.JPG

MSI 3090 Gaming X trio in NZXT N450

DSC_0267.thumb.JPG.d64ab3d0ea22ed4164a379c5cb9e50e3.JPG

Just look at a 2070super vs 3060ti >:c

DSC_0324.thumb.JPG.24dd1148ada221b788965715a5e46c50.JPGyes I hoard a lot of GPUs >:c

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

10 minutes ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

Are they really that long? The 3090 FE is honestly a decently easy card to work with as an SFF case designer (I'm no major case design company but I am designing a case around the 3090 FE). It's only 312mm long while some 6000 series AIBs are at 340mm haha. 

As they are fictional can't you just make them smaller in your mind?

8 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

IoT's. Not everything needs web access. Google doesn't need to know I'm making toast.

-= Topic Cleaned =-

I have merged several members comments.

Please do not spam post comments, you have the ability to edit your comments to include additional information. Please do so instead of posting multiple comments one after another.

Yes, skynet needs to know this

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Cordless <anything> such as tools and peripherals as once the batteries start to lose their capacity to hold a charge, you're better off buying a whole new set as the replacement batteries cost more than the product originally. I stick with corded and I deal with a cord, which is not that aggravating as people find... 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

34 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Cordless <anything> such as tools and peripherals as once the batteries start to lose their capacity to hold a charge,

Most of my tool batteries have lasted years and have made life so much easier when working.  Just like anything, you have to buy quality like Milwaukee or dewalt.  The average person might get away with corded tools for a once a year use. 

Wireless headsets are fantastic for idiots like myself who forget at times the wired ones are plugged in.

My keyboard and mouse at the desk are wired but if I want to use say an htpc, I don't want cords and a short leash. 

8 hours ago, Levent said:

Vacuum cleaners, especially smart vacuum cleaning robots. 

CANT IT BE FASTER AND QUIETER? FOR FUCKS SAKE

A quiet vacuum is one that isn't working.  I just got a Roomba i3 and it's much more quiet than the Dyson.  It actually works really well in our house. 

55 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

>:c

Reveal hidden contents

Zotac 3080 Trinity OC in Meshify C, it's literally poking into the fan hub, i squeezed it in while bending the cooler shroud slightly

DSC_0371.thumb.JPG.884b827e00126bf76946efb74d9f2ce4.JPG

TUF 3060Ti in Meshify 2, had to move drive cage up and the cage fits in the gap between the cooler, or else it wouldn't fit

DSC_0368.thumb.JPG.086b39025762945e217204c474fb69ab.JPG

MSI 3070 Gaming x Trio in Meshify C

DSC_0308.thumb.JPG.598d48ddfbffc182f84a182bc5f09e62.JPG

MSI 3090 Gaming X trio in NZXT N450

DSC_0267.thumb.JPG.d64ab3d0ea22ed4164a379c5cb9e50e3.JPG

Just look at a 2070super vs 3060ti >:c

DSC_0324.thumb.JPG.24dd1148ada221b788965715a5e46c50.JPGyes I hoard a lot of GPUs >:c

Oh yeah the AIB cards are insane.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

12 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Most of my tool batteries have lasted years and have made life so much easier when working.  Just like anything, you have to buy quality like Milwaukee or dewalt.  The average person might get away with corded tools for a once a year use. 

Wireless headsets are fantastic for idiots like myself who forget at times the wired ones are plugged in.

My keyboard and mouse at the desk are wired but if I want to use say an htpc, I don't want cords and a short leash. 

A quiet vacuum is one that isn't working.  I just got a Roomba i3 and it's much more quiet than the Dyson.  It actually works really well in our house. 

My father has tools from 30-40 years ago that are power tools and they still work to this day. He bought brand name tools (I forgot the name as we can't use them) and they only lasted a couple years. 

I got a Ridgid power drill set from Home Depot that came with the drill, two batteries, and the charger and it works great. Also they are more powerful thanks to the Li-Ion and not like the older batteries like Nickel-Cadmium which suffer the "memory effect" with charging. I actually used this drill to drill the Kreg holes on my desk I built and works great. I did have to use a corded drill to drill 2" holes with a forstner bit and worked great, except the bit was junk as my teacher purchased them from Harbor Freight (I think their power tools suck and would avoid them and buy brand name tools like you said). The Ridgid has some lifetime guarantee on the batteries so we'll see how long they last. I keep them around 1/2 charge for long term storage. 

I love the Dyson upright vacuums, they're great!

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Thin laptops. 🥴

Just the cheapest plastic in the most boring outside and at the same time collecting every bit of data of every kind about us and everything we do with them.

Then I think we should get them for cheap or free.

If not and of course not then I want some freaking hardware for the money!

I'm not a tiny child whose hand will hurt if I carry a 10 or 12lb object.

Just my opinion. I know everyone doesn't feel the same way but you asked what tech really annoys me lol.

This is at the top of my annoying tech list lately.

😄

9 minutes ago, Intergalacticbits said:

Just my opinion. I know everyone doesn't feel the same way but you asked what tech really annoys me lol.

This is at the top of my annoying tech list lately.

😄

Yes I did. 😎

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

24 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

Have you tried to put an animal on top of the Dyson?

No, but I did invent the shotgun Roomba for home protection and cleaning.  

Sorry for the thread drift, I couldn't resist. 

3 hours ago, SGT-AMD said:

Central Vac will work

Yeah I feel like building a house from ground up. Great solution.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Anything that takes more then hitting the power button to turn on and off.

all smart TVs. I just want to power it on and watch TV and not go though all the smart TV crap.

those buttons that don't have a physical button.

On 3/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, Andreas Lilja said:

Faxes still being a thing in 2021.

But they are more secure haha

On 3/21/2021 at 3:27 AM, straight_stewie said:

Facsimile machines have a place. They can be made to be much more secure than email, and automatically generate paper copies at all ends.

I hate most driver assist technologies. If the car can't drive itself, I don't want it taking control.

Hal, Let Me Drive The Car

Im Sorry, Dave, I'm Afraid I Can't Do That

Whats The Problem Hal?

Dave, You Know You Gave Me Permission To Drive The Car Today

No Hal, I Did Not

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

Touch screens in cars.

A touch screen has no place in a car. 

Shout out to Mazda that (at least on paper) has said they will stop putting touch screens in cars.

On 3/21/2021 at 5:44 AM, AMD A10-9600P said:

You are a grumpy old man. You do have a point though. I hate knowing that my phone is listening in to everything I say, only to throw "relevant" ads at me when I next open a Google app

this is why phone MUST be open source and rooted

you gain control over phone , not the other way

Anything android that isn’t the flagship model.

”smart TVs”, pointless fad that needs to go ASAP. We just need to cast to them these days. Apps running on the TV are slow and irritating.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

4 hours ago, 721831101 said:

this is why phone MUST be open source and rooted

you gain control over phone , not the other way

Certain things are taking steps in the right direction. For example, Edge instead of Safari as my default browser, I get zero ads. Open source and rooted is too much to worry about for the average user, all the average person wants is less tracking, not necessarily more control with reduced security.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Phones.  And the endless apps that go on those phones.  They are a useful technology, no question, and the apps are also useful, but my goodness.. The number of errors/crashes/etc I get on phone apps is ridiculous.  Stuff just stops working, then starts again.  The clutter, the interface that's like 1/100th the speed that I can type.  Again, incredibly useful, but man do I hate using it for anything serious.  It's like trying to take a car apart with an adjustable wrench.  Yes, it can do it, and yes, it's very flexible and useful.  But compared to the right wrench for a particular bolt, OMG, does it stick to use an adjustable.  Does everything almost good enough to be useful and nothing well.

One thing that drives me nuts is "Auto Correct".
The intent behind it was to be helpful but in practice it's annoying as all hell.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

I thought of another:
Controlling your case fans.

MSI Afterburner is nice for just yanking around the GPU fan speed slider around, (though mine is locked from 0% to 74% for some reason for both cards), but there's no great tool that I've found that lets you do that for case and CPU fans.

elephants

Only thing I'm aware of for CPU and case fans is a fan controller hub.
I've never had one myself so can't vouch one way or the other how well they actually work.

puncholes noches on phones. limited bios features on laptops. hardware locks. FB