PowerColor 6700XT being sold in the Czech Republic at $1250, hash rate of 50MH/s, is on par with a 3080 while consuming as much power as a 3060

Master Disaster

Edit - Forgot the standard warning with these types of leak, take these numbers with salt and wait for official benchmarks from reputable outlets. Someone breaking release date and asking 3x MSRP is not exactly trustworthy.

A Czech seller has managed to get hold of a big batch of PC Red Devil & Hellbound 6700XTs and is now selling them, as new, on the second hand market 2 days before they officially launch at retail.

A Czech seller is now offering PowerColor RX 6700 XT Hellhound at a hefty price. It is unclear how did the seller end up with the graphics card before the release, but it appears that he has many more cards. We can spot multiple Red Devil and Hellhound models in the background. Both cards are pictured below.

POWERCOLOR-Radeon-RX-6700-XT-12GB-Red-De

POWERCOLOR-Radeon-RX-6700-XT-12GB-Hellho

On the performance front, the seller reckons the card has a mining hash rate of 50MH/s and "is a good alternative to a 3080/3090 while consuming less power than a 3070/3060TI".

The graphics card allegedly offers 50 MH/s mining performance (not specified which cryptocurrency) at 120W. The seller claims that it consumes less power than RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3070 while being a good alternative to RTX 3080 or 3090 which are not currently available.

Bazor-PowerColor-768x570.jpg

Asking for the equivalent of $1250 the seller is asking for 3x the MSRP of the cards.

The seller decided to put a ‘reasonable’ price of 28,000 CZK (1250 USD) for the graphic card. Considering that this is the only Hellhound currently on sale, paying almost three times as much does not sound like a bad investment (that of course is sarcasm).

Source - https://videocardz.com/newz/powercolor-radeon-rx-6700-xt-graphics-cards-already-available-on-second-hand-market

I'm not at all surprised by the inflated prices considering this is a illegitimate seller breaking the street release date.

If those numbers turn out to be true though, damn. Can match a 3080 while consuming the same power as a 3060, I'm sceptical, optimistic but sceptical.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

If those numbers turn out to be true though, damn. Can match a 3080 while consuming the same power as a 3060, I'm sceptical, optimistic but sceptical.

How does the 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT compare in mining? Should stand to reason that the 6700XT would perform below those cards.

On the bright side at least we know that there are actually cards on launch this time. The bad news is that they're already being scalped before being released to the public so your chance of buying one retail is probably just as low as all the other cards recently launched.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

15 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Edit - Forgot the standard warning with these types of leak, take these numbers with salt and wait for official benchmarks from reputable outlets. Someone breaking release date and asking 3x MSRP is not exactly trustworthy.

A Czech seller has managed to get hold of a big batch of PC Red Devil & Hellbound 6700XTs and is now selling them, as new, on the second hand market 2 days before they officially launch at retail.

POWERCOLOR-Radeon-RX-6700-XT-12GB-Red-De

POWERCOLOR-Radeon-RX-6700-XT-12GB-Hellho

On the performance front, the seller reckons the card has a mining hash rate of 50MH/s and "is a good alternative to a 3080/3090 while consuming less power than a 3070/3060TI".

Bazor-PowerColor-768x570.jpg

Asking for the equivalent of $1250 the seller is asking for 3x the MSRP of the cards.

Source - https://videocardz.com/newz/powercolor-radeon-rx-6700-xt-graphics-cards-already-available-on-second-hand-market

I'm not at all surprised by the inflated prices considering this is a illegitimate seller breaking the street release date.

damn okay amd or ati or radeon or whatever the fuck

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

How does the 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT compare in mining?

All 3 of those cards are ~60MH/s in Daggerhashimoto from my understanding

I heard the 6700xt is lower, not sure by how much

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

24 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Which means gamers won't see a single one. Miners might sell off used 3080s in favour of these.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

All 3 of those cards are ~60MH/s in Daggerhashimoto from my understanding

I heard the 6700xt is lower, not sure by how much

Interesting. If the 6700XT can do 50MH/s, with much lower power consumption, then that is pretty impressive from their little brother.

Damn, if it's that good at mining there goes gamers chances of getting one.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Interesting. If the 6700XT can do 50MH/s, with much lower power consumption, then that is pretty impressive from their little brother.

Right now, any modern card will be "good" for mining as long as it's available and have more than 4gb of VRAM, unfortunately

The question is, by how much? Because pricing is largely scaled based on mining performance now. That's why 3060ti is worth more than 3070, simply because it's slightly better at mining.

To put it simply, $/hash is the metric that dictates the price of a GPU now, at least the baseline price. Halo product still gets a bit of the price premium (3090 sucks for mining due to efficiency but it's still a bit more expensive than a 3080, on the free market)

In my own testing my 3070 does 51MH/s at 100W TBP, and that's with a really half arsed power limit optimisation only. I haven't touched the ram at all. Someone who cares about this stuff would like have even better. So the numbers reported in the OP are not great, unless they were run stock and have much more room for optimisation also.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Bazos is essentialy something like a craigslist... those sellers are scalpers. Their reddit posts are just ads for their listings. I don't know how it got here as a news tbh... but yeah.. they somehow got hold of many cards.

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Bazos is essentialy something like a craigslist... those sellers are scalpers. Their reddit posts are just ads for their listings. I don't know how it got here as a news tbh... but yeah.. they somehow got hold of many cards.

Yeah, I did say in the OP that these are being sold as new on the used market. Pretty weird some random guy has managed to get hold of so many cards before they even go on sale to the public.

24 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Which means gamers won't see a single one. Miners might sell off used 3080s in favour of these.

I don't do mining at all and I don't really understand how it works but don't they have to recoup their investment cost before they can resell?

25 minutes ago, Spotty said:

And we don't even know if that's a base "unoptimised" number though considering the way the seller is going about his business I'm very sceptical about the numbers they are providing.

I think NDA lifts tomorrow so I guess we'll find out then.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I don't do mining at all and I don't really understand how it works but don't they have to recoup their investment cost before they can resell?

depends. the RoI might just be worth it, plus given the prices at the moment, even a used card might get them more than MSRP.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

9 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I don't know how it got here as a news tbh.

1. Scalper lists cards for sale

2. Promote

3. Other people see it, repost on places like reddit "OMG that card isn't released yet! How?"

4. Videocardz writers spend all day scouring reddit for the most reliable news and leaks on graphics cards

5. Post article

6. Here we are

Looks like the listing on Bazos has been taken down, or at least the link in the videocardz article no longer works.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

No, as they will make profit on selling the card. Especially if they were able to buy at close to MSRP from a wholesaler or such, mine on them for a month or two, and then flip them at triple the cost.

I'm of the opinion that anyone who is scalping graphics cards who does not have them in a system mining while they're waiting for people to buy them is leaving money on the table. Unless they really are selling at scalper prices that fast.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

1. Scalper lists cards for sale

2. Promote

3. Other people see it, repost on places like reddit "OMG that card isn't released yet! How?"

4. Videocardz writers spend all day scouring reddit for the most reliable news and leaks on graphics cards

5. Post article

6. Here we are

Looks like the listing on Bazos has been taken down, or at least the link in the videocardz article no longer works.

The link may not work but if you search for the card on the website it will find multiple listings. One user has over 300 of them as well.

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

depends. the RoI might just be worth it, plus given the prices at the moment, even a used card might get them more than MSRP.

Theres no might, I could resell my 5700XT on eBay right now for anywhere from £400 to £500 and IIRC I only paid £350 for it new. Current gen cards are selling for 2x MSRP used.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

No, as they will make profit on selling the card. Especially if they were able to buy at close to MSRP from a wholesaler or such, mine on them for a month or two, and then flip them at triple the cost.

I'm of the opinion that anyone who is scalping graphics cards who does not have them in a system mining while they're waiting for people to buy them is leaving money on the table. Unless they really are selling at scalper prices that fast.

You can't sell them as new once you open them to mine though.

Anyone else think its sad that during a leak about a new GPU the focus is entirely on mining, nobody has even mentioned rasterisation or ray tracing yet. 🤔

Do you really think scalpers are going to be honest about that? They'd just repackage them and sell them as new. Even if someone gets suspicious they would probably just say they took it out to test it was working before selling or something, or sell to one of the other people lining up trying to buy graphics cards that aren't asking questions.

If you're buying from a scalper there's no guarantees.

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

i suspect some of my GPU that i bought at 2-3x the MSRP are mined on based on the scratches on the GPU 👀 

retailers here are scums

Just now, Spotty said:

Do you really think scalpers are going to be honest about that? They'd just repackage them and sell them as new. Even if someone gets suspicious they would probably just say they took it out to test it was working before selling or something, or sell to one of the other people lining up trying to buy graphics cards that aren't asking questions.

If you're buying from a scalper there's no guarantees.

Case in point, 3x MSRP 2 days before launch.

Yeah, you're correct.

Anyone else think its sad that during a leak about a new GPU the focus is entirely on mining, nobody has even mentioned rasterisation or ray tracing yet. 🤔

Eh? There's not really much to discuss about gaming performance based on this particular news topic. It's really just news that people are already scalping the cards before launch - and at first glance they appear to be capable mining cards (maybe squashing any concerns that they might be limited like Nvidia's 3060). There's no news on its gaming performance.

Don't expect to be surprised by the gaming performance of the 6700XT though. AMD and Nvidia are quite good at slotting cards in to their perfect little slots to fit in to the rest of the product stack. Rasterisation performance would be good. Pretty noticeable improvement over the 5700XT, probably 10% less on average than the 6800, close enough that with the high end cards with good coolers and decent overclocking you could get close enough to a 6800 performance in a lot of games. Will be a good card for 1080p and 1440p gaming. 4k will be adequate but probably not why people would be buying it for. Ray tracing performance will continue to suck huge chunks on AMD cards and that won't change until next generation of cards at the earliest. Will still be waiting for features like Fidelity FX upscaling (whatever AMDs version of DLSS is called).

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

If those numbers turn out to be true though, damn. Can match a 3080

A 3080 does 90MH, so it's BS already.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

A 3080 does 90MH, so it's BS already.

Playing devils advocate, its possible that claim is relating to gaming performance, not mining however I don't believe any of the numbers reported in this leak purely because of the way this seller is operating.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Part of me doubtful that that will make a difference in supply.
I recall people were still mining with Nvidia GPUs back in 2015 even though AMD cards were significantly better? You mine with what you could get your hands on, and back then you couldn't get your hands on an AMD GPU. With Nvidia cards your ROI just took a bit longer but it was apparently still "worth it"

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Well this is slower than a 6800 XT correct, so lets see.

https://minerstat.com/compare/rx-6800-xt-vs-rtx-3080

Find all algo's with hash rate that is like "50MH/s" (or better).

6800 TX:

• Autolykos2 107.815MH/s 143W 0.754MH/W
  • Etchash 64.443MH/s 160W 0.403MH/W
  • Ethash 59.26MH/s 145W 0.409MH/W
  • Ubqhash 63.467MH/s 159W 0.399MH/W

RTX 3080:

• Autolykos2 188.897MH/s 317W 0.596MH/W
  • Etchash 86.59MH/s 224W 0.387MH/W
  • Ethash 97.878MH/s 224W 0.437MH/W
  • Ubqhash 86.426MH/s 318W 0.272MH/W

6700 XT has 25% less memory bandwidth so (estimates obviously):

• Autolykos2 80.86MH/s
  • Etchash 48.33MH/s (120W) (0.403MH/W)
  • Ethash 44.44MH/s
  • Ubqhash 47.00MH/s

So left with 3 "viable" algos for this rumor, all 3 of which an RTX 3080 stomps on so 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

i suspect some of my GPU that i bought at 2-3x the MSRP are mined on based on the scratches on the GPU 👀 

retailers here are scums

You live on Mars so you really just have to take what you can get, honestly I'm surprised they can get an RTX 30 series GPU there that quickly at all.

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You live on Mars so you really just have to take what you can get, honestly I'm surprised they can get an RTX 30 series GPU there that quickly at all.

Wait, they're called @Moonzy but they live on Mars? 🤔