My new PC on a budget! PLZ HELP

C2Z2

Budget (including currency): $1500USD before tax 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Should work for gaming and Creative cloud

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am building my first PC with a budget of $1500USD and need some help with getting the price down, i'm not sure which part I need to downgrade but I have attached my list for your reference :) I am also not 100% sure if everything is compatible so if you have have any suggestions for what I could change to make this build worth my money that would be awesome!

Thanks!

C2Z2

New PC.PNG

I'd say wait man.  I know it will suck to put off the build but that's way too much money for the graphics card.  If you can wait for the market to calm down then wait.

3 minutes ago, C2Z2 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Should work for gaming and Creative cloud

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am building my first PC with a budget of $1500USD and need some help with getting the price down, i'm not sure which part I need to downgrade but I have attached my list for your reference 🙂 I am also not 100% sure if everything is compatible so if you have have any suggestions for what I could change to make this build worth my money that would be awesome!

Thanks!

C2Z2

New PC.PNG

$750 for a 1660 Super, and an A520 board?!
No.

No $1500 PC should have a 1660 Super and an A520 board.

elephants

The problem is I need this PC asap so if that means spending $750 on a graphics card then so be it 😋 I just need to know what to downgrade, this was the best GPU I could find with a price that would potentially work with my budget but I am open to suggestions! 

Just now, C2Z2 said:

The problem is I need this PC asap so if that means spending $750 on a graphics card then so be it 😋 I just need to know what to downgrade, this was the best GPU I could find with a price that would potentially work with my budget but I am open to suggestions! 

You're better off with a prebuilt, honestly.
Here's a $1600 USD one with a 3070 and a 10700F:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali455/p/N82E16883360039?Description=prebuilt&cm_re=prebuilt-_-83-360-039-_-Product

elephants

8 minutes ago, C2Z2 said:

I am building my first PC with a budget of $1500USD and need some help with getting the price down, i'm not sure which part I need to downgrade but I have attached my list for your reference 🙂 I am also not 100% sure if everything is compatible so if you have have any suggestions for what I could change to make this build worth my money that would be awesome!

Thanks!

C2Z2

New PC.PNG

I think you should simply flush your money down the toilet and flex on the haters

Just now, C2Z2 said:

I want to build my own 🙂

Here are your options:

1. Build your own PC, knowing that you could have waited and gotten a MUCH better deal

2. Buy a prebuilt

3. Don't get a PC

The PC part market has gone insane with prices.

elephants

18 minutes ago, Rhyn said:

I'd say wait man.  I know it will suck to put off the build but that's way too much money for the graphics card.  If you can wait for the market to calm down then wait.

totally agree #dontfundscalpers

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

14 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Here are your options:

1. Build your own PC, knowing that you could have waited and gotten a MUCH better deal

2. Buy a prebuilt

3. Don't get a PC

The PC part market has gone insane with prices.

rn, then probably a prebuilt or no pc would be the best option

13 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

You're better off with a prebuilt, honestly.
Here's a $1600 USD one with a 3070 and a 10700F:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali455/p/N82E16883360039?Description=prebuilt&cm_re=prebuilt-_-83-360-039-_-Product

i would recommend getting one of of letsbld.com instead. That way, u can get a good quality mobo and psu.

Why not look at used parts? It's not significantly better but you can probably do better then a $75 0 RGTX 10660  ol

I want to build a PC and the GPU cost is okay, I literally just need to bring my budget down like less that $100, what do I need to do? 

14 minutes ago, C2Z2 said:

I want to build my own 🙂

I understand the urge, but unless you luck out at getting a card at MSRP (which involves a time-investment that automatically rules that out for a lot of people), this is frankly a bad idea.

There will be chances to build your own computer when stock eventually normalizes. Now is not the time, especially if you're limited by how much you should actually spend.  Think long and hard about whether the markup is worth it for the experience of building your own PC. I was fortunate with respect to that because I did want to build my own PC and was able to snag a 3070 at MSRP. That situation is the exception, not the rule at the moment.

If you want something for your money, there's this build from Newegg.  The one @FakeKGB linked seems to be out of stock at the moment. If you want to go over to $1700 pre-tax and get a monitor thrown in, there's also this one with a 3070 instead of a 3060.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

2 minutes ago, Literally God said:

Why not look at used parts? It's not significantly better but you can probably do better then a $75 0 RGTX 10660  ol

I would like to buy them new as well 🙂 part of the process for me, I want to make it happen!

2 minutes ago, C2Z2 said:

I want to build a PC and the GPU cost is okay, I literally just need to bring my budget down like less that $100, what do I need to do? 

If you absolutely insist and you're immovable on this front, then my first instinct would be to try to cut costs on the case, and maybe think of getting a 500GB SATA SSD as opposed to a 1TB one to start with. Storage is an area where you can always expand, and unless you need the 1TB out the gate it's something to consider. I still don't endorse this move but it's your money.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

1 minute ago, C2Z2 said:

I would like to buy them new as well 🙂 part of the process for me, I want to make it happen!

Prebuilts usually have less than optimal PSUs. Your best bet would be to buy a prebuilt and change the PSU and cables. That's everyone's best bet at getting something that's not over priced.

Is it worth $500 to build it yourself? That's how much roughly you'd be paying just to build yourself.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Prebuilts usually have less than optimal PSUs. Your best bet would be to buy a prebuilt and change the PSU and cables. That's everyone's best bet at getting something that's not over priced.

Is it worth $500 to build it yourself? That's how much roughly you'd be paying just to build yourself.

Totally, I am excited about building a PC on my own! I am just figuring out the best way to do this, I understand buying a GPU above MSRP is crazy but I have set a goal and i'm doing this no matter what 🙂

Yeah, I'm going to also have to agree with the motherboard. The A520 I'm sure has a use somewhere... wherever that is, though, it isn't here. Pick up a B550 board at that price, or a bit higher depending on the SKU..

12 minutes ago, C2Z2 said:

Totally, I am excited about building a PC on my own! I am just figuring out the best way to do this, I understand buying a GPU above MSRP is crazy but I have set a goal and i'm doing this no matter what 🙂

1070s are cheaper and faster on the second hand market... You could get rid of almost half the cost of the GPU by upgrading to a used one.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

If you insist on building now try to buy directly from board partners like evga, zotac, asus etc.  You'll get a much better price than you would through someplace like newegg, amazon or any of the others.  The problem is you gotta be super fast when you get the notification that its in stock.

AMD R7 3700X

32GB Mushkin Redline 3200MHz DDR4

Aorus A530 Elite WIFI

Bequiet Shadow Rock 3

EVGA RTX 2060 Super

Phanteks AMP 650W

Fractal Pop Air

Windows 11 / Arch Linux