My dad just bought this for my mom... I feel like they overpaid so much... Hit me with the full roast lol

Dafuq is a 10700f doing with a 1660ti?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

yup.... one of many questions running through my mind

cmon, they could have at least put an NVME SSD in, if not a better GPU. For that price I would be expecting an 8TB HDD on top of that too!

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

Crap quality stuff,

Bye bye air-flow! (blocked by glass)

They usually use parts like these:

Motherboard: so cheap it doesn't even have heatsinks for the VRMs!

RAM: 2400MHz CL18

SSD: DRAM-less QLC

HDD: 5400 RPM

Wi-Fi: Cheapest Wi-Fi card

PSU: Fire hazard on the way!

You welcome!,It's even more waste of money then you initially taught.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

cmon, they could have at least put an NVME SSD in, if not a better GPU. For that price I would be expecting an 8TB HDD on top of that too!

Same. For 1200 I expected so much more. I BEGGED them to let me put a build together for them... They went with this instead...

Just now, Vishera said:

Crap quality stuff,

Bye bye air-flow! (blocked by glass)

They usually use parts like these:

Motherboard: so cheap it doesn't even have heatsinks for the VRMs!

RAM: 2400MHz CL18

SSD: DRAM-less QLC

HDD: 5400 RPM

Wi-Fi: Cheapest Wi-Fi card

You welcome!,It's even more waste of money then you initially taught.

Thanks. Man I wish theyd listen to me... Oh well they obviously have plenty of disposable income...

It's only badly priced if we're allowed to:

- ignore current graphics card pricing

- assume this combination of parts would be worse than - for example - an R5/i5 + higher end graphics card  (as some people do need the CPU more than the GPU)

- ignore the warranty, handling, building, etc. of the PC.

Making your own PC even if the pricing on graphics cards was normal isn't much cheaper:

This isn't a build I would recommend, but sort of equal to the PC you linked and it would only be cheaper if the graphics card was actually available.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, PhoenixFire22588 said:

Thanks. Man I wish theyd listen to me... Oh well they obviously have plenty of disposable income...

Yeah,I even added this!:

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

PSU: Fire hazard on the way!

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

It's only badly priced if we're allowed to:

- ignore current graphics card pricing

- assume this combination of parts would be worse than - for example - an R5/i5 + higher end graphics card  (as some people do need the CPU more than the GPU)

- ignore the warranty, handling, building, etc. of the PC.

Making your own PC even if the pricing on graphics cards was normal isn't much cheaper:

This isn't a build I would recommend, but sort of equal to the PC you linked and it would only be cheaper if the graphics card was actually available.

I would buy something like this (but the graphics card in a different place) :

its an absolutely shyte pick.. but it's basicly on par with expectations from the acers and dells of this world, except this has more rainbow puke and cooling-inhibiting glass.

42 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

That was the MO of basically every prebuilt company in the 2010s. Pair a high end CPU with a low end GPU and charge as if the GPU was also high end.

Luckily as PC gaming boomed, people caught on and the practice became less common, but obviously it still happens.

10 minutes ago, Shoopman said:

That was the MO of basically every prebuilt company in the 2010s. Pair a high end CPU with a low end GPU and charge as if the GPU was also high end.

Luckily as PC gaming boomed, people caught on and the practice became less common, but obviously it still happens.

Tbh this is the high end of what is available on the market from what I have seen. Graphics cards are simply out of stock almost across the board. 

@PhoenixFire22588 This topic will remain, but please bear in mind that topics such as this are better suited for your Status Updates.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER