I NEED A SUPER HIGH-END WORKSTATION FOR SOLIDWORKS

MOHMAD1315

Hello every one,

Hope you are doing well,

I need a high-end pc for solidworks that can handle at least 10000 components in assembly, 

I already have a pc and ı am planning for  upgrade, 

Budget is no issue...

I HAVE RYZEN 3900X AND RTX 2070 

X570 AORUS ELITE 

thank you 

Budget (including currency): OPEN ( UP TO 10000 USD )

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: MAINLY SOLIDWORKS 3D MODELING AND RENDERING ( MOST OF THE TIME 3D MODELING AND LARGE ASSEMBLIES STARTING FROM 10000 UP TO COMPOENENTS 50000... 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  I HAVE RYZEN 3900X AND RTX 2070 

Whats with the CAPS LOCK GOSH

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

31 minutes ago, MOHMAD1315 said:

Hello every one,

Hope you are doing well,

I need a high-end pc for solidworks that can handle at least 10000 components in assembly, 

I already have a pc and ı am planning for  upgrade, 

Budget is no issue...

I HAVE RYZEN 3900X AND RTX 2070 

X570 AORUS ELITE 

thank you 

Budget (including currency): OPEN ( UP TO 10000 USD )

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: MAINLY SOLIDWORKS 3D MODELING AND RENDERING ( MOST OF THE TIME 3D MODELING AND LARGE ASSEMBLIES STARTING FROM 10000 UP TO COMPOENENTS 50000... 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  I HAVE RYZEN 3900X AND RTX 2070 

You could pair your system with 64 to 128 gigs of memory of 3600 Mhz RAM having CL 16-18, like Crucial Ballistix Memory, I'm not sure how much max capacity a single stick can go up to.

Idk if you already have the X570 motherboard, but if you're going for costs, you could use a b550 motherboard. For storage you could go for Samsung 970 evo plus 1 tb of m.2 nvme storage and increase later down the line if you need.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

Core count rules for flat out rendering performance but core speed and efficiency are best for assemblies, simulations, loading times etc.

So essentially a Threadripper for rendering, a core i9 X will beat a threadripper in other ways like large assemblies and simulations.

Consumer wise a 5950X or a 10900K will perfrom really well. Intel prob best for assembly work.

Quadro GPUs are the go-to for most professionals due to the amount of VRAM and the fact that they are designed for this purpose.

You'll want no less than 64GB of the fastest RAM you can get hold of.

A fast SSD also helps but not as much as the above

Edit: Forgot to mention that lower spec PCs will "handle" 10k assemblies as in you'll be able to work with them but your experience will be better the higher end you go

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/SOLIDWORKS-2020-SP5-AMD-Ryzen-5000-Series-CPU-Performance-2011/ is a good read. The data suggests that for a mixed use system, (modelling & rendering), the 5900X and 5950X are optimal. For larger sets and rendering the 5950X  looks to be the best choice.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($1249.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MEG B550 UNIFY ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($347.95 @ B&H) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PNY Quadro RTX 6000 24 GB Video Card  ($3460.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($141.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $6524.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-19 09:19 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 3 weeks later...

excuses me for the caps ı didn't notice.

Thank you all for your responses,

I will consider you responses for sure, once I buy them I will give you results 🙂 

is it really worth it to buy Quadro rtx 6000 rather than rtx 3090 ?

On 2/19/2021 at 5:45 AM, Duckster said:

why 4400? lol 
4400 cl19= 8.63636363 first word latency

3600 cl15= 8.333 first word latency

lower = better

not to mention infinity fabric can't run 1:1 with a memory speed that high. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

The Quadro series are meant for workstations using CAD, CGI, general work, etc.

The RTX 30 series, on the other hand, are mainly used for games, especially for ones that have ray tracing.

I've gamed on a Quadro on my dad's old PC, and Minecraft runs at quite decent FPS with low to mid settings.

And since you're using this PC build for a workstation, I'd recommend a Quadro RTX 6000.

If you want to game at any point down the line and have very good gaming quality and graphics, then you can use a RTX 30 series card.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

6 hours ago, MOHMAD1315 said:

Given current market conditions it's probably going to come down to what is available.

One consideration may be support. As far as I know only workstation gpu like Quadro are officially supported in Solidworks.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I work in Inventor and have a QuatroM2000 works just fine up to few hundreds parts plus additional software that i use parallel, so i would recommend Quadro over a RTX if you are going the professional path.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:21 AM, MOHMAD1315 said:

excuses me for the caps ı didn't notice.

Thank you all for your responses,

I will consider you responses for sure, once I buy them I will give you results 🙂 

Yes. Solidworks makes heavy use of Quadro-only features like antialiased lines, and there are some features of Solidworks that are only available on a Quadro.

It might be worth keeping an eye out for Quadro RTX A6000s as well - these are essentially a Quadro 3090 where the RTX 6000 is essentially a Quadro 2080ti.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:45 AM, Duckster said:

that expensive and theres an unreliable hard drive lol

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

On 3/8/2021 at 1:35 AM, Jayzer said:

The Quadro series are meant for workstations using CAD, CGI, general work, etc.

The RTX 30 series, on the other hand, are mainly used for games, especially for ones that have ray tracing.

I've gamed on a Quadro on my dad's old PC, and Minecraft runs at quite decent FPS with low to mid settings.

And since you're using this PC build for a workstation, I'd recommend a Quadro RTX 6000.

If you want to game at any point down the line and have very good gaming quality and graphics, then you can use a RTX 30 series card.

i would say, rtx 3090 is very good for what he wants to do. Every other 3000 series card wont be good for workstations.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 5:47 PM, King of Memes said:

that expensive and theres an unreliable hard drive lol

because GB/$ was the focus

2 hours ago, Rhebucks said:

because GB/$ was the focus

but still, getting two of these isnt a lot more expensive, but much better