WHY ARE FREE GAMES CRITICISED

Agena_
8 hours ago, Bitter said:

Pretty sure that one of the turrets is supposed to shoot all the way across the map, but that's one of the last items in the research tree. I basically did a sandbox skirmish one time and got the WHOLE tech tree researched.

ya but thats op. and once your tech is level 400 it stays each new game.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

18 hours ago, Amias said:

Apex Legends.

League of Legends.

Fortnight.

Team Fortress 2.

Destiny 2.

Valorant.

All excellent deep well made games. All completely free to play. There are hundreds more out there. These games do not require purchases for you to be competitive or win. They provide cosmetics and other non-skill enhancing items. Ergo not PAY TO WIN. They are FREE TO PLAY.

Destiny 2. was pay to win...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

mind craft is a good example of skins and how powerful they are just look at this skin you will no who this is just looking at it. its like being famous in a game just like  celebrities on tv.

im all for the free to play games that have cosmetic items only. i dont like it what they make the game so hard that it forces you to spend money to get ahead. and i dont like when they strip of parts of the game to then sell it back to you.

i paly diablo 2 and and you can buy items on line, run bots, or form gold for that matter but nothing has been strip out of the game and sold to me i can do it all with out spending anything. the thousdens of houres spent play is well worth the $20(....ahem) that i spent. i would give more if they made an expation too but that's never going to happen...

diablo 4 on the other hand that's a different story. and we all no diablo 3 was pay to win...

e-t-h-o-15676705.png?v302

On 1/23/2021 at 7:24 AM, Agena_ said:

Hi i have a question, many practices in free-to-play games for earning revenue are heavily criticised

why is that?

what are some points

thanks in advance

Well there's the pay to win agreement which essentially makes free-to-play games unbearable unless you dish out some cash. Sometimes they even make items you purchase in game time-limited so you end up paying more than a full game in the long run.

Then there's the poor community support or lack there of, rampant cheating due to no barrier to entry, excessive bugs, the list goes on. 

There's also free to play games that essentially just feel like demos but are marketed as a F2P game. Destiny 2 is a pretty bad example these days:

Essentially what makes Destiny 2, Destiny, is locked away in DLCs. You can play the game without the DLCs... but be prepared to get farmed in PVP and run out of stuff to do within two weeks. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just change games to Heroine, imagine its free and then it starts to charge for the content else you only get small amounts to get the full you are forced to pay a subscription, imagine if the drug is an a loot box and you are asking a someone to buy a lootbox in the hopes of getting heroine in the box, you see where this is going, imagine if the heroine is not made well and can actually kill you, will you say its free so it shouldn't be criticized?  

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Being a frequent player of Gacha games and someone with self control, doesn't mean i can't criticize the same game for not preventing people from actually going broke because they have no self control.

A twitch streamer spent $5k on Genshin Impact in 1 session. F2P has it's place, BUT they need tell players "no" at a certain point. until they can prove they do actually care about player's wellbeing over money, then i will see these kinds of games as predatory, even if i myself play them. Just becasue i have self control, doesn't mean others do.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

30 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Just change games to Heroine, imagine its free and then it starts to charge for the content else you only get small amounts to get the full you are forced to pay a subscription, imagine if the drug is an a loot box and you are asking a someone to buy a lootbox in the hopes of getting heroine in the box, you see where this is going, imagine if the heroine is not made well and can actually kill you, will you say its free so it shouldn't be criticized?  

hmm free drugs... the problem with Heroine attics is they dont have money... i guess you can get them to do other stuff for it?

Heroine vending machine.... if china can have one for people why not?

i mean sugar is a million times heroine and marked to children.

What everybody said +  the big issue (especially in android or in other words toiletgames ) that it has gotten to a point where the game is just an excuse to establish a transaction dialogue meaning the game could be some 2D shit a drunk junior high dropout could make in a potato pc every generic and elementary just to feed in all those adds and microtransction scripts 

18 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Destiny 2. was pay to win...

Was it! In my 8 months playing it I didn't see any advantageous players with ... forgot that stupid NPC name that sold the crap ... 

Could be wrong though, had a great blast playing it though.

10 minutes ago, Amias said:

Was it! In my 8 months playing it I didn't see any advantageous players with ... forgot that stupid NPC name that sold the crap ... 

At least it is an actual game.. 

The disgrace has gotten to a point where you download something labeled as a game which basically is not just to pay for it 😛 

E.g lords mobile...  it is a 2D map with some (keyword being some) 3D animations (the same no matter the occasion) where to reach the lvl cap or have a decent level you need like a year of just clicking on upgrades (same buildings for everyone you just click on it and wait to upgrade it and it is the same thing just with a different level number) 

and to really be competitive for free you need to spend like a decade or so or pay thousands of euros.. 

the funny thing is that there are people that waste thousands of euros in this "game" lol 

And even if you wait a decade or spend thousands of euros when you become OG there is nothing to do you just can attack weaker opponents (attack means wait like an hour to a day for a 2D icon of your army to reach the destination and then have a letter notifying you that you won ) which makes them cry and want to spend money so that they can do the same ..lol 

4 hours ago, Amias said:

Destiny 2 was owned by  activision one of the worst company's for micro transactions. yes bungy was able to get away from activision but i hear there are still pay to win like the an op character be hind a pay wall. do not give these company's a pass.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:39 AM, TetraSky said:

It might be "free", but unless that free game truly is free without predatory freemium BS, it can and SHOULD be criticized.

Any games with a "gacha" or "lootbox" system, where you buy one or more different type of in game currency with real money in order to essentially gamble for the chance of getting an item, character or whatever else, should be criticized. As it encourage people with a gambling problem/addiction to spend more and more money.

Any games that purposefully limit the gameplay, either through arbitrary "cooldown" or "timers" that you need to wait for in order to progress... But lets you buy something with real money to skip it... Should be criticized. As it doesn't make the game enjoyable, it just encourage you to spend money to keep playing or wait hours (days even, in some cases). It's shitty behavior at best and predatory at worst.

I get it, they need to make money, but there are others ways other than nickels and dime people for every little things. Just charge a single base price or give the option to "unlock" the full game without constraint after a certain amount is spent. Instead, you can easily spend hundreds of dollars, way more than you would on any actual premium games that are truly worth the price, just for microtransaction stuff that really should've been part of the base package.

And don't even get me started on free games that push out ads after ads after ads after every single action you do. Oh you've done this task? Have a 30 second ad. Oh you've watched our ad? Have another ad. You can't even play the God damn game due to how many ads there are! Awful design choice.

All in all, the big issue I have with them, is that all these things don't contribute to the "fun factor" of a game. It detracts from it in a predatory manner, especially aimed at children with easy access to their parents credit card.

Things like cosmetics or whatever else, that doesn't affect the actual gameplay, doesn't give you an advantage over someone else who plays the game, those are the only acceptable microtransactions. But too few free games go that route. It's so much more tempting to just get impatient whales to "pay to skip the grind we've put in exactly to get people to skip it by paying for it"

Then there's "triple A" games that decided it would be a good idea to implement these kind of shit in their $70 games... All my hate. I sure as fuck ain't buying a single one of those games that have that crap in it.

Yes but also no...

I agree that games with ads every 3 damn clicks are BS and should be taken down, and that games with microtransactions or play to win is BS

However, in a game that is free and doesn't have a million ads like mario cart not a single ad. although its pretty much become pay to win because if you don't buy gold subscription you can't get above level 43 unless you get real lucky with the loot drops in the pipes. But i would be willing to watch like a 30 sec ad to gain a 5 rubies for a lootbox. Ads should be optional not mandatory and they shouldnt pop up constantly, a lot of fun games i uninstalled because there was too many unwanted ads.