stop with clickbait title (youtube)

Padblaze

???????????

are you talking about the youtube channel or the topics in this forum?

if youtube channel:

1. They have already addressed this, they try to make them as natural as possible, so they are not LTT episode XXXXXXXXXXX: macbook pro 2150
  2. what are you even talking about

if topics:

1. right back at you
  2. you're right, some of these are a little iffy
  3. again, this post is not an exception

1 minute ago, somer4ndo said:

???????????

are you talking about the youtube channel or the topics in this forum?

if youtube channel:

1. They have already addressed this, they try to make them as natural as posible, so they are not LTT episode XXXXXXXXXXX: macbook pro 2150
  2. what are you even talking about

if topics:

1. right back at you
  2. you're right, some of these are a little iffy

im talking about youtube ones its annoying asf they could make it natural without saying sh*t

Just now, Padblaze said:

im talking about youtube ones its annoying asf they could make it natural without saying sh*t

They do? Maybe adding more info on the product.

Not just "Dont you love more of the same", but "don't you love more of the same- Macbook pro 2150 review"

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

hmm, if you say so I guess they have no other choice

just a friendly advice

1 minute ago, Padblaze said:

well, again, give an example, elaborate about what you want improved, don't just say "just stop", this is not criticism, this is just being dumb and wanting to be ignored.

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Not just "Dont you love more of the same", but "don't you love more of the same- Macbook pro 2150 review"

no i mean like saying wrong info like AMD will take YEARS to catch up to Intel, and im not an amd fanboy

1 minute ago, somer4ndo said:

well, again, give an example, elaborate about what you want improved, don't just say "just stop", this is not criticism, this is just being dumb and wanting to be ignored.

image.png.465d1822a57d4b923cb4d04ae21c1154.png

there is not a lot of thing to elaborate, they are saying sh*t just to get more views  and they should stop

1 minute ago, Padblaze said:

no i mean like saying wrong info like AMD will take YEARS to catch up to Intel, and im not an amd fanboy

Do you even watch WAN show????

Just now, somer4ndo said:

yep

5 minutes ago, Padblaze said:

image.png.465d1822a57d4b923cb4d04ae21c1154.png

there is not a lot of thing to elaborate, they are saying sh*t just to get more views  and they should stop

That's a opinional peice. They think, from x price of data, that and could infact take years to catch up to Intel.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I think it's more to do with adding caps in the video titles and using generic titles like "We just leveled up HARDCORE".  I don't mean to be offensive here but it makes LTT seem less like a tech channel and more like a dying youtube prank channel using clickbait titles in a futile attempt to stay relevant. 

This is only exaggerated by the images in the videos, take the two below for example: 

image.png.8c7520356655e786ab5ba3edc215c62e.pngimage.png.98ac275da19bd632490ceba6f336dbea.png  

Both of these were released within the last week. 

In saying this, Linus has covered this topic and has advised that he does this because it gets him more views.  

I personally don't have a problem with what he does, do I think it's making his videos be percieved with less value by his more mature fanbase?  Yes, but I also think it's something that just has to be done to keep up with today's youtube culture.  Youtube has changed, and the more click-baity the title, the more clicks you get. 

I understand why he does it, I may not agree but I still respect the videos he makes.   Him making these click-baity titles may contribute to him being able to front such a large and growing company and to support all of his employees.  

If Linus is reading this I hope he doesn't feel insulted, I'm just trying to expand upon a single perspective. 

He's just playing the game the way YouTube has set it up, so to speak. I can see why it annoys some, but when it's proven to increase views and he has a lot of people's salaries to pay, I get it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 hours ago, Padblaze said:

just stop

They won't, fyi this subject has already been discussed to a great length

2 hours ago, Padblaze said:
2 hours ago, somer4ndo said:

yep

If you watch the WAN, hopefully you have seen the episode where he explains why he uses clickbaity titles. It's a YT algorithm thing and to increase views or get the videos suggested he has to clickbait to a degree.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The problem is caused by the human brain and how “Curiosity” works.

If you can fix that then they will go away.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

This has been going on for years... they have claimed to try but never really did and I doubt they will ever change from it. Its why they do a heavy clickbait to start out for the first few hours and then change the video title a few hours later. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 hours ago, Akolyte said:

I think it's more to do with adding caps in the video titles and using generic titles like "We just leveled up HARDCORE".  I don't mean to be offensive here but it makes LTT seem less like a tech channel and more like a dying youtube prank channel using clickbait titles in a futile attempt to stay relevant. 

This is only exaggerated by the images in the videos, take the two below for example: 

image.png.8c7520356655e786ab5ba3edc215c62e.pngimage.png.98ac275da19bd632490ceba6f336dbea.png  

Both of these were released within the last week. 

In saying this, Linus has covered this topic and has advised that he does this because it gets him more views.  

I personally don't have a problem with what he does, do I think it's making his videos be percieved with less value by his more mature fanbase?  Yes, but I also think it's something that just has to be done to keep up with today's youtube culture.  Youtube has changed, and the more click-baity the title, the more clicks you get. 

I understand why he does it, I may not agree but I still respect the videos he makes.   Him making these click-baity titles may contribute to him being able to front such a large and growing company and to support all of his employees.  

If Linus is reading this I hope he doesn't feel insulted, I'm just trying to expand upon a single perspective. 

these are catchy titles, not clickbait.  those titles are directly related to whats going on in the video.  a clickbait title would be something like "I overclock my cpu till it blows up" and then the video is just a couple BSODs while overclocking...

as far as them being "more like a dying youtube prank channel using clickbait titles in a futile attempt to stay relevant" you can thank the youtube algorithms for that. cause it is an attempt to stay relevant, just not futile, cause thats the way youtube works.  if they made boring titles the view counts would drop along with their business.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

5 hours ago, Padblaze said:

just a friendly advice

lol, advice to who? LTT? what qualifies you to give LTT advice? is your youtube channel more successful than LTT?  

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

-Deleted-

Edited by NineEyeRon
Failed meme

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz