Another Facepalm-Worthy Congressional Nominee For The U.S.

A Republican candidate who believes that God dictates weather patterns and that tornadoes, autism and dementia are God's punishments for marriage equality and abortion access won the GOP nomination to challenge Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) in the Chicago-area 9th Congressional District.

She blamed natural disasters and mental disorders on recent advances in LGBT equality and legal abortions.

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military, it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

Atanus also reached out to the Windy City Times, an LGBT publication, in an attempt to explain her views.

"Everybody knows that God controls weather," she told the news site in January. "God is super angry," she added. "Gay marriage is not appropriate, and it doesn't look right, and it breeds AIDS."

Source: Huffington Post

efa.png

Please, if any of you can vote in Illinois, don't let this stupidity become our congressperson. We've already got enough of a political crisis, don't make it worse.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I respect those who have faith in their religion but this is too far.  Show me some proof that this is God's punishment and I'll vote for you all day.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

You'll get AIDS for posting this because now God is mad at you for mocking him.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

wow I hope she gets kicked out, or kicked in the face

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I respect those who have faith in their religion but this is too far.  Show me some proof that this is God's punishment and I'll vote for you all day.

I have respect for people that aren't retarded, I have many religious friends but none of them are just flat out retarded like this person

Is it really that ridiculous to suggest that God could conceivably have influence over the weather?

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

I have respect for people that aren't retarded, I have many religious friends but none of them are just flat out retarded like this person

This.  I respect my religious friends for being faithful but open minded and intelligent.  What this person is doing is laughable.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

wouldn't be amazed if she got elected

after all

there are people who voted for George Bush 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Indeed.

Far too many people in this world use religion as an excuse for propogating prejudice and discrimination. It's disgusting.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Is it really that ridiculous to suggest that God could conceivably have influence over the weather?

Not at all, what she believes is her right. However, her views on other issues (namely LGBT) lessen the value of others' lives, and as such shouldn't have any legitimate place in politics

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

UVY6soE.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Indeed.

Far too many people in this world use religion as an excuse for propogating prejudice and discrimination. It's disgusting.

they use it as a scapegoat to cover their insecurities.

they use it as a scapegoat to cover their insecurities.

Most of the time, yup.

At such a time as the education system in our countries are up to scratch, I foresee views like this becoming exceedingly rare. Let's hope things improve.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I pray for this woman who knows not her own religion. 

Edit: as a republican christian myself, I would not support this woman. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Knowing America she'll probably get voted in as well. Or maybe I just don't have enough faith In people.

I find it ironic that she looks like a lesbian.

2397897-6291946285-18620.jpg

What does a lesbian look like.  I need to know as I may be one (trapped in a man's body but a Lesbian none the less). ;)

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"