Has anyone gotten a 3000 series GPU signing up for EVGA's website notification?

maizenblue

I've largely given up on getting an rtx 3070/80 or even 3060 ti GPU as I've been trying for almost 4 months with no luck. My last hope is EVGA since they are the only one that will reserve one for you for a short time when it's your turn in the que. 

I signed up in late November but I have no idea how backlogged they are. Has anyone here gotten one thru their website or know someone who has? When did you sign up and when were you able to get one?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

@Den-Fi has, not sure when he signed up

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

My friend that lives near a micro center said they've started to like actually get them in.

Just be patient. If there's computer stores near you, check them out & see if you can get on a list or something.

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

@Den-Fi has, not sure when he signed up

Just checked my email, 9/24/2020 (88 days) soooo..... it's gonna be a while.

This was a 3090 though.

3 hours ago, fpo said:

My friend that lives near a micro center said they've started to like actually get them in.

Just be patient. If there's computer stores near you, check them out & see if you can get on a list or something.

I live a moderate distance from a microcenter, not close enough to check there often, but close enough to make the trip if I know theyll be in. They've consistently been having them trickle in here and there all along, and I went there on 3060 ti launch day and like 60 and a dozen or so 3070s and 80s were sold out before the line had even decreased to half size(and i got there 45 minutes early). Since Christmas I've never seen more than 1 in stock, and the 1 is already being saved for someone with a voucher. So Microcenter is a no go. I'm done wasting gas on them.

There are no other computer stores besides Best Buy anywhere near me, and even that's a bit of a drive. Newegg and Amazon are hopeless because scalpers buy them up in literally a few seconds when they randomly drop. I know because I have discord notifications and have gotten dozens of notifications and the closest I got was adding one to my cart before it was gone once. The situation isnt likely to improve either as demand is only steadily increasing and I heard Nvidia is now prioritizing 3090 production as they are way more profitable than 3080s and still sell out instantly. So its EVGA or bust, or hope I get lucky in the next year. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

57 minutes ago, maizenblue said:

I live a moderate distance from a microcenter,

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were in one of those vast areas of no stores.

If you're patient you can just wait. They'll be in stock in time. Latest I suspect March or April, but really, that's 1, not that long & 2, really pushing it. A lot of cards are already out there. Unless some disaster strikes, you'll get one in time.

Personally, I'm waiting for the launch of the RTX 3050 series cards for like low $100s.

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were in one of those vast areas of no stores.

If you're patient you can just wait. They'll be in stock in time. Latest I suspect March or April, but really, that's 1, not that long & 2, really pushing it. A lot of cards are already out there. Unless some disaster strikes, you'll get one in time.

Personally, I'm waiting for the launch of the RTX 3050 series cards for like low $100s.

I dont think the cards will ever be readily in stock at MSRP, at least not the high end ones. The 2080ti technically started at $999 and I never once saw one for cheaper than 1150, and usually well over 1200, and there is way more pent up demand for these 3000 cards. This will be like the crypto currency driven GPU apocalypse of a couple years ago, only a lot worse since its both miners and record numbers of PC gamers that want them. 

My lack of patience has to do with the fact I'm using a card that's a couple generations old and was only mid range to begin with. I'm stuck with Nvidia since I have a Gsync monitor, not that AMDs 6800 series will be available either.

First world problems I know.

21 minutes ago, maizenblue said:

I dont think the cards will ever be readily in stock at MSRP, at least not the high end ones. The 2080ti technically started at $999 and I never once saw one for cheaper than 1150, and usually well over 1200, and there is way more pent up demand for these 3000 cards. This will be like the crypto currency driven GPU apocalypse of a couple years ago, only a lot worse since its both miners and record numbers of PC gamers that want them. 

My lack of patience has to do with the fact I'm using a card that's a couple generations old and was only mid range to begin with. I'm stuck with Nvidia since I have a Gsync monitor, not that AMDs 6800 series will be available either.

First world problems I know.

Yeah a 1070TI being slow is one of the biggest first world problems I know haha. 

I was able to successfully snag a 3080 FTW3 at the Cincinnati Microcenter location last Thursday after a two hour wait in the cold.  They had over 60 cards come in that day, plus a ton of the Ryzen 5000 processors.

There was also a massive drop on Best Buy today where I was able to get multiple 3090s and 3070s.

They are obtainable without bots and without much effort.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

12 hours ago, Purgent said:

I was able to successfully snag a 3080 FTW3 at the Cincinnati Microcenter location last Thursday after a two hour wait in the cold.  They had over 60 cards come in that day, plus a ton of the Ryzen 5000 processors.

There was also a massive drop on Best Buy today where I was able to get multiple 3090s and 3070s.

How did u know about the bb drop? When did they drop? Ive put forth way too much effort at this point. 

12 hours ago, Purgent said:

I am really curious at what price?

How much was a 5900x and how much was the cheapest 3080. Being here in the EU I am really curious to compare with local prices. 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:48 AM, maizenblue said:

How did u know about the bb drop? When did they drop? Ive put forth way too much effort at this point. 

BB drops are usually on Tuesdays.

On 1/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, Exidor said:

I am really curious at what price?

How much was a 5900x and how much was the cheapest 3080. Being here in the EU I am really curious to compare with local prices. 

EVGA 3080 FTW3 was $809. 

5900x was going for $599, but I was only allowed to purchase one card or one processor, not both.  

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

6 hours ago, Purgent said:

BB drops are usually on Tuesdays.

What time? That's the important information since they probably sell out in minutes, if not seconds. 

Just now, maizenblue said:

What time? That's the important information since they probably sell out in minutes, if not seconds. 

It's not consistent, just have to keep watch.

Just now, Purgent said:

It's not consistent, just have to keep watch.

Is there any way to get stock notifications? I cant really sit around hitting F5 all day. I have stock radar but it doesnt ever include Best Buy for some reason. 

I've come damn close with Zotac notifications but always get bogged down since they use paypal and it takes forever going through the login process, which I can do in my sleep by now. I'm apparently competing with people from around the globe in a race to checkout. It was kind of exciting the first half dozen times. Not so much anymore.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:18 PM, maizenblue said:

Is there any way to get stock notifications? I cant really sit around hitting F5 all day. I have stock radar but it doesnt ever include Best Buy for some reason. 

I've come damn close with Zotac notifications but always get bogged down since they use paypal and it takes forever going through the login process, which I can do in my sleep by now. I'm apparently competing with people from around the globe in a race to checkout. It was kind of exciting the first half dozen times. Not so much anymore.

Unfortunately there is no real trick.  Takes a bit of luck and a trigger happy click finger.