zotac is trash

myb54

zotac is trash just tras its my 3rd gpu of zotac that has started giving me errors  meanwhile my msi's gtx 560 never gave me any issues 

2 minutes ago, myb54 said:

zotac is trash just tras its my 3rd gpu of zotac that has started giving me errors  meanwhile my msi's gtx 560 never gave me any issues 

May I ask why you bought a 3rd Zotac card? Or are they all replacements under warranty?

Zotac is like any other company.

I've had 5 Zotac GPUs over time and given to friends later even... and they all are running still.

Hit or Miss happens to every company.

You've just had worse luck than most.

Its likely a circumstantial set of issues.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 minutes ago, Naijin said:

May I ask why you bought a 3rd Zotac card? Or are they all replacements under warranty?

i bought zotac again because here in pakistan other brands are way expensive so i went for zotac but now its enough

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Zotac is like any other company.

I've had 5 Zotac GPUs over time and given to friends later even... and they all are running still.

Hit or Miss happens to every company.

You've just had worse luck than most.

Its likely a circumstantial set of issues.

then i might be very unlucky

Would you like help to find out what the problem you are having is or would you prefer to just say "It sucks" and leave it at that? If you would like help then please tell us which card you have, what the problem you are experiencing is, and what the rest of your system specs are.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Would you like help to find out what the problem you are having is or would you prefer to just say "It sucks" and leave it at that? If you would like help then please tell us which card you have, what the problem you are experiencing is, and what the rest of your system specs are.

i have already given it for repair, 1st one was a gtx 660 of which fans stopped working and then poor image quality then after sometime it went dead next gtx 960 which also first had the fans stop working and then very poor display had to get it repaired and then the gtx 1650 super a few days back but luckily i had the warranty so its gone for repair 

1 minute ago, myb54 said:

i have already given it for repair, 1st one was a gtx 660 of which fans stopped working and then poor image quality then after sometime it went dead next gtx 960 which also first had the fans stop working and then very poor display had to get it repaired and then the gtx 1650 super a few days back but luckily i had the warranty so its gone for repair 

is it all of your gpus where your fans stop working and then after they stop working you keep using them and then the graphics start to become poor

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Just now, flashiling said:

is it all of your gpus where your fans stop working and then after they stop working you keep using them and then the graphics start to become poor

2 had fans stop working the gtx 660 after that just went dead then the gtx 960 it didnt die but  display quality became poor  luckily it could be repaired so i did got it repaired but it was an hassle the gtx 1650 super its fans didnt stoop but they wnet super loud and then there frame drops in games and also poor display

3 minutes ago, myb54 said:

2 had fans stop working the gtx 660 after that just went dead then the gtx 960 it didnt die but  display quality became poor  luckily it could be repaired so i did got it repaired but it was an hassle the gtx 1650 super its fans didnt stoop but they wnet super loud and then there frame drops in games and also poor display

what game were you playing when there was framedrops, was it a gpu intense game that you maybe played on too high settings so when a big explosion happened you would drop frames?

what cpu do you have and how much ram and what speed are they?

do you have sufficient storage in your computer and what psu are you using 

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

what game were you playing when there was framedrops, was it a gpu intense game that you maybe played on too high settings so when a big explosion happened you would drop frames?

what cpu do you have and how much ram and what speed are they?

do you have sufficient storage in your computer and what psu are you using 

specs: i7 4790k, Corsair VENGEANCE Pro Series 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR3 2133MHz Memory, toshiba 1 tb hdd, 500gb hitachi hdd, kingdian  128gb ssd, Corsair RM750 750 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU          

frame drops happened when i was playing fortnite 

Only in Fortnite or other games as well?

4 hours ago, myb54 said:

the gtx 1650 super its fans didnt stoop but they wnet super loud and then there frame drops in games and also poor display

What does "poor display" mean?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

With overthinking I've overblown some experiences as certain things, when it was a culprit elsewhere.

Fortnite stutters when installed on MOST HDDs,..

The starting drop,.. on the way down,..  and when doing stuff at times, even with lower settings, its 8thread aware and that stuff still happens on my SSD with a 2080ti because the 4790k can't match the 2080ti needs in Fortnite,.. but in your game it could very well be not 1650 super related, but the HDD aspect.

Fans super loud means its just working hard...and the factory curve is too aggressive, or case airflow isn't the best. You can tune fanspeeds with prpgrams.

In my opinion based off my PC experience with FN.

Image Quality concerns?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to mix a ZOTAC rtx 3070/3060ti with a MSI motherboard but after seeing that some people have luck, and for some people something is amiss, it is quite daunting.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, myb54 said:

specs: i7 4790k, Corsair VENGEANCE Pro Series 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR3 2133MHz Memory, toshiba 1 tb hdd, 500gb hitachi hdd, kingdian  128gb ssd, Corsair RM750 750 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU          

frame drops happened when i was playing fortnite 

it is because of youre ddr3 memory i think so try upgrading to ddr4 

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

6 hours ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

it is because of youre ddr3 memory i think so try upgrading to ddr4 

4790k is a haswell refresh and doesnt support DDR4 

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

MSI Aren't perfect either. My 980 Ti Started smoking and the packaging for that one says "Built to be perfect".

7 hours ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

then upgrade youre cpu to

dude the 4790k is a very competent gaming processor still rocks in every game so i am not changing that

3 hours ago, TheEpicDuck said:

MSI Aren't perfect either. My 980 Ti Started smoking and the packaging for that one says "Built to be perfect".

hmm

My Zotac GTX 980 hasn't given me any issues so far and I've had it for nearly a year. I guess its just down to bad luck.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, burrito123boi said:

I was going to mix a ZOTAC rtx 3070/3060ti with a MSI motherboard but after seeing that some people have luck, and for some people something is amiss, it is quite daunting.

zotac isn't bad, it's just a "budget brand" and therefore not great... pretty sure msi ventus and armor are worse (just imo) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

zotac isn't bad, it's just a "budget brand" and therefore not great... pretty sure msi ventus and armor are worse (just imo) 

All brands make budget cards. Zotac isn't a budget brand more than any other vender.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2020 at 7:23 AM, Naijin said:

Silicon lottery or just have an axe to grind. Like my 1660s mines like hell