Logitech double click issue.

Deekith

Just curious how many people in here are experiencing/experienced a Logitech mouse double clicking.

I went through 3 G903's in 2.5 years because of the logi double click issue. after that i threw the towel in and bought a razer viper ultimate.

I am not hard on my mice at all.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I’ve had 2 G903s suffer from this or a similar issue in the 2-3 years since I bought the first one. On number 3 now, I’m hoping it’s the last. Should mention that Logitech did replace it both times though.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Out of 4 mice, just one. Logitech replaced it quickly and the new one is fine. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

In fairness it isn't just a Logitech double-click issue, theoretically it's an Omron issue and anybody using Omron switches is potentially susceptible... and all the major gaming mice brands use Omron switches, except for the few models that use optical switches (Razer Basilisk and Viper Ultimate, Roccat Burst Pro, etc). 

It DOES seem like it's reported a lot more commonly on Logitech mice (and Corsair ones) but this could be a function of there just being more people who buy those. I can tell you I had a Corsair Ironclaw that started double-clicking within 3 months earlier this year. 

Now, scrolling through the Logitech G subreddit lately, I would not have a lot of confidence in their support responding to and facilitating a quick and smooth RMA process if you get a mouse that develops the issue. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Went through four Logitech G502's in two years due to the middle mouse button stopping working (3x) and left mouse double clicking (1x). Then switched to Corsair Ironclaw RGB, went through two of those in one year (middle mouse button not working 2x; left mouse button double clicking 1x). Now on Steelseries Rival 600 and I hope it lasts longer. It got recommended to me by like 30 people on the Dota 2 subreddit, all of whom specifically use MMB to drag their map - so a lot of people who use it a lot. It survived one month already; considering that one Logitech died after 2 hours of Dota and one of each Logitech and Corsair died after a month, it's looking rather good so far.

I use MMB for code lookup, in Dota to move the minimap, while browsing to open/close tabs, so it gets used quite a lot. Way more often than RMB for sure.

EDIT: I should mention that Logitech and Corsair all replaced mice via RMA, even if in Corsair case it took a long time. 

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

Thanks for saying what switches, because that has bothered me quite a lot and might answer some of my issues when it comes to gaming mouses etc.

I do wonder what RACCOT does, and if they do a nice job or just more of the same with just different marketing.
Also when it comes the build frame of certain gaming mouses or mouses in general.

I've read that the problem is more frequent with 50M click omron switches and that other omron switches are less subject to that ... I have a g305 with 20M click and those are quite fine for now after a year of use.

also (that I'm not sure and other will correct me if I'm wrong) i've read that it's the way logitech use those 50M click switches that make them more prone to duble click issue than on other brand ... somthing about the voltage being out of specs or something like that. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

1 hour ago, Dr0y said:

also (that I'm not sure and other will correct me if I'm wrong) i've read that it's the way logitech use those 50M click switches that make them more prone to duble click issue than on other brand ... somthing about the voltage being out of specs or something like that. 

I've seen people say things like this as well but I don't know if there's any truth to it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I've seen people say things like this as well but I don't know if there's any truth to it. 

same ... that's why I mentioned that I was not sure about that and others could tell me if I'm wrong or right ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

15 hours ago, SenKa said:

I went through 3 G903's in 2.5 years because of the logi double click issue. after that i threw the towel in and bought a razer viper ultimate.

I am not hard on my mice at all.

That's the same mouse I'm having issues with. My son has one as well and we both have had 2 replacements so far.. ridiculous.

15 hours ago, Middcore said:

In fairness it isn't just a Logitech double-click issue, theoretically it's an Omron issue and anybody using Omron switches is potentially susceptible... and all the major gaming mice brands use Omron switches, except for the few models that use optical switches (Razer Basilisk and Viper Ultimate, Roccat Burst Pro, etc). 

It DOES seem like it's reported a lot more commonly on Logitech mice (and Corsair ones) but this could be a function of there just being more people who buy those. I can tell you I had a Corsair Ironclaw that started double-clicking within 3 months earlier this year. 

Now, scrolling through the Logitech G subreddit lately, I would not have a lot of confidence in their support responding to and facilitating a quick and smooth RMA process if you get a mouse that develops the issue. 

Its the Chinese omron switches, apparently the Japanese omron switches are the good ones. I have been using gaming mice for 20 years and have only had this issue with logitech. Don't know why.. maybe its just really bad luck.

15 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

I’ve had 2 G903s suffer from this or a similar issue in the 2-3 years since I bought the first one. On number 3 now, I’m hoping it’s the last. Should mention that Logitech did replace it both times though.

Oh yeah they will, but as soon as its out of warranty they dont give a shit about you.. even if its a known switch issue. They should repair the mice and change to japanese omron switches, apparently they are the good ones.

17 hours ago, Deekith said:

Just curious how many people in here are experiencing/experienced a Logitech mouse double clicking.

Double clicking is a sign the switch on the mouses pcb is going out. Depending on the mouse you have, replacing them is not that difficult if you have a somewhat decent soldering station and some solder (lead based if you can find it, just don't inhale). The only mouse that still did not have that issue is the old Microsoft Explorer 3.0 optical mouse (the grey-silver one). I have been using Logitech mice for over 20 years by now and many needed that repair, some I just replaced but I still have them. I recently repaired an old MX 500, the predecessor to the MX 510 and the MX 518, the classic fps shooter mouse of the day.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, Deekith said:

My G Pro wired has double clicking and I don't use it anymore, got to the point where it occasionally was impossible to scope in guns on FPS games lol.

PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra Ftw3, 32gb G.Skill 3600mhz cl16, ASUS B550-a mb, Corsair H150i AIO, Lian Li O11 Dynamic.

I've had this problem before... twice

The first time was with a Logic G500... and it was double clicking because the insides next to the switches were dirty and all gummed up... I took it apart and cleaned it and never had that problem again...

The 2nd time was with a Thermaltake mouse and I took it apart and found that the switch mount had broke causing an incorrect actuation of the switch. (It was a trash mouse...)

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

22 hours ago, Deekith said:

That's the same mouse I'm having issues with. My son has one as well and we both have had 2 replacements so far.. ridiculous.

Unfortunately the warrenty doesnt renew with each new mouse. I gave up once the replacements quit being free, and bought a razer viper ultimate.

Im a lefty, so i needed at the minimum an ambidextrous mouse with buttons on the right side. Sadly all the proper lefty mice have ceased production (Razer Deathadder left handed edition was my favorite, but mine died)

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Not with Logitech but I had double click issue on my Corsair Glaive Alu. Corsair offered me the non aluminium version (lighter) since the alu version was sold out but the store gave me a full refund (after almost 2 years so that was nice). I got the Nightblade which have had no issue. It's because of the Omron switches, a lot of people have had trouble with them.