NASA-Backed Study Says Humanity Is Pretty Much Screwed

everything count to life

Hope you’ve enjoyed civilised life, folks. Because a new study sponsored by NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center says the world’s industrial societies are poised to collapse under the weight of their own unsustainable appetites for resources. There goes the weekend… and everything after it for the rest of our lives.

Read more: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/03/nasa-backed-study-says-humanity-is-pretty-much-screwed/

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Wait this "new" news? How dumb/blind did you have to be too not see that our lifestyles aren't sustainable and that eventually all creatures become extinct anyway.

And here we are reading this (most of us) on some ridiculous overkill computer that we upgrade every year or two and spend thousands on meanwhile there are people who don't know where their next meal will come from. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It's okay. I live in the middle of the desert and most people around here use electric cars. You darn big city people!

I'll be dead by then anyway...

At the current rate it is possible it will happen in our lifetimes. 

well considering i could die tommorow ran over by a bus i really dont care, since we're born we're meant to die so yeah

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Yeah, but most of those things aren't too hard to get around. I would say the biggest is oil.

Or the staggering amount of fossil fuels we burn because the government is too hard headed to realize that going electric is 600x better. Or the air in Beijing china, breathing the air there is the same as smoking 22 cigarettes a day. For companies it's all about money, they aren't a bit worried about the fact that they place that is allowing them to live is being destroyed because of their thoughtless actions

Humans, the only animal capable of arrogance. 

99% of all species to have ever existed on Earth is now extinct and we think we can save ourselves. pffft.

Or the staggering amount of fossil fuels we burn because the government is too hard headed to realize that going electric is 600x better. Or the air in Beijing china, breathing the air there is the same as smoking 22 cigarettes a day. For companies it's all about money, they aren't a bit worried about the fact that they place that is allowing them to live is being destroyed because of their thoughtless actions

The worst part is that humans caused it and can stop it. We just don't and most regular people who care can't because it's all huge corporations with 1000x more power and money. :(

Humans, the only animal capable of arrogance. 

99% of all species to have ever existed on Earth is now extinct and we think we can save ourselves. pffft.

We are also the most advanced animals to walk  the earth, so we possible can save ourselves. 

The worst part is that humans caused it and can stop it. We just don't and most regular people who care can't because it's all huge corporations with 1000x more power and money. :(

That is very true.

It's okay. I live in the middle of the desert and most people around here use electric cars. You darn big city people!

I guess when the and lake mead and the Colorado river dry up, the people in the north will laugh at you for living in the desert. 

I'm sure you don't rely on my examples for your water, they are only examples after all. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Hydrogen cars would be a good technology to invest in.

I guess when the and lake mead and the Colorado river dry up, the people in the north will laugh at you for living in the desert. 

I'm sure you don't rely on my examples for your water, they are only examples after all. 

That's not funny :( I live along the Colorado! and I was being sarcastic in that statement. Us desert people can just move up north and laugh with you 

We are also the most advanced animals to walk  the earth, so we possible can save ourselves. 

That is very true.

It was just over 14 years ago we were shitting bricks because we weren't smart enough to figure out that computers don't consider "00" a year. We aren't as advanced as we think we are. 

It was just over 14 years ago we were shitting bricks because we weren't smart enough to figure out that computers don't consider "00" a year. We aren't as advanced as we think we are. 

Human trial and error

That's not funny :( I live along the Colorado! and I was being sarcastic in that statement. Us desert people can just move up north and laugh with you 

then electric cars become less feasible the farther north you go. 

Spoiler

then electric cars become less feasible the farther north you go. 

we will place the solar panels in the desert and wire the power up north, where it's cold, depressing, and cold.

we will place the solar panels in the desert and wire the power up north, where it's cold, depressing, and cold.

Not a bad idea, I like, wanna make a start up company, you take care of the solar panels, I will find some sucker hippie in Canada to sell it to and I'm sure Elon Musk would be open to investing in the "electric pipeline" and Obama may just approve it. 

Spoiler

pfft, I've known this for years these fuckers are farther behind than I thought.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

And life goes on like normal.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

so positive.  But I think this was inevitable anyway.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

For some reason i read this as NSA backed study...

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

well it kinda depends

for power

ITER experiment will solve most if not all of our power needs since it will give rise to actual power plants  after a few decades

and  in the short term more advanced Thorium reactors will provide safe cheap nuclear power

Graphene will solve the electricity storage problems lithium is expensive and inefficient  (read up on capacitors )

and lets say this all fails

it doesnt mean extinction of the human race 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well it kinda depends

for power

ITER experiment will solve most if not all of our power needs since it will give rise to actual power plants  after a few decades

and  in the short term more advanced Thorium reactors will provide safe cheap nuclear power

Graphene will solve the electricity storage problems lithium is expensive and inefficient  (read up on capacitors )

and lets say this all fails

it doesnt mean extinction of the human race 

of course all of the new technologies rely on adoption, if Shell and Excon, or some other company which has huge role in our current world tries to stop the adoption of the tech we may continue in the wrong direction for more time. 

Spoiler