NZXT New Silent Case

Gnator

Oh god, removable 3.5" cages and back-side 2.5" mounts...

NZXT, don't disappoint me! Make this a M-ATX silent chassis!

'Crosses Fingers'

Judging by the scale of what we can see in the pictures, I'm pretty sure this a mid-tower or full ATX. Or maybe larger.

It looks like the motherboard standoffs are configured in the same way as the Phantom 630 (http://www.nzxt.com/new/images/_upload/product_gallery/2414.jpg) which fits "XL-ATX" through mATX. The case itself seems pretty wide, just going by the front intake fan and sheer space in the back for cable management... and with their latest little hidden message, it definitely does sound like a larger case...

This can't be an actual part of the chassis... (Not the Shhh  :P)?

main.jpg

Very interesting  :huh:

The think that I really liked, when I saw it was the 2.5 Inch mounts on the back of the motherboard tray. Awesome. But I'm not sure if the thing on the 5th picture is Sound Dampening material, or aomething like a smoked window. But it looks too black and solid to be a window, and it doesn't look transparent. And since it's a silence optimize case, I think it should be Sound Dampening material. And by looking at the first pic, it looks like the front and top of the case might look pretty much like a Define R4. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

It looks like very thick foam, since at the top you can see the metal rolled over and from the lighting on the edge of the foam it seems that it is the thickness of that gap between the panel and the rolled part hanging back over on the top.

It looks clean and slick so far, but I can't wait to see more soon.

That's definitely sound dampening foam...

Judging by the scale of what we can see in the pictures, I'm pretty sure this a mid-tower or full ATX. Or maybe larger.

Looks to be so :(

Dream destroyed...

h3launch.png

It looks pretty cool. I like the clean looking design.

its a BOX. im done lol its a ice cube

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

its a BOX. im done lol its a ice cube

and i know this is the april fools prank im joking

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

<!--Porous > Resonant.-->

^This pretty much confirms that it's foam :D.

Personally, I like the minimalist looks of that April Fools' cube case. I think it looks better than the gaudy designs of NZXT's actual cases.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

The countdown says 31 days? This the same for anyone else?

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

http://nzxt.com/shhh/

timer reset to 31 days. this is obviously a prank they didn't take down.

Did that to me earlier today, but seems to be fixed now...

day5.jpgNew Image

Seems like sound dampening foam! So excited for this case! Looks very cool! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

http://nzxt.com/shhh/

timer reset to 31 days. this is obviously a prank they didn't take down.

mine says 14 hours 

The timer went up from ~10 hours to 14 hours for me.. Weird.

Anyway, here's the latest hidden text (they misspelled they've!) :

<!--Computer's should be seen and not heard. Unless the've gone to the Milford Academy, where they should be neither seen nor heard.-->

Just noticed the bump too...

Although, some quick math based off this and I think they corrected it wrong after it reset to 31 days, so they had to fix it. Again  :P

<!--Computer's should be seen and not heard. Unless the've gone to the Milford Academy, where they should be neither seen nor heard.-->

:lol: that's the same comment from two days ago:

Also, while looking around in Inspect element, there's a comment:

and the word shh. written below everything (but with a million h's and another million periods... :P) seems like they intentionally put a lot of hidden stuff in this page :lol:.

There have been two different messages in the meantime:

<!--More bigger means more cooler. More cooler means more quiet?-->

Yeah it's definitely nothing like the April fools joke case, from the pictures so far there doesn't seem to be anything new on the inside yet, but it's probably going to be a large case...

<!--Porous > Resonant.-->

^This pretty much confirms that it's foam :D.

Why did they go back to that? and more importantly, why didn't they fix the spelling mistake? :lol:.

I currently have this right now: <!--Computer's should be seen and not heard. Unless the've gone to the Milford Academy, where they should be neither seen nor heard.-->

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

yeah, the timer keeps changing alot. i'm not sure if thats a bug or people continuing to play a joke.

Proper implementation of 2.5 inch drive mounting on the mobo tray!!!

The one thing I hate about the R4 is having to pull off the entire Motherboard to get at your SSD's!