Are Mice by Logitech actually durable?

ahmedbatty

Are Mice by Logitech actually durable?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are Mice by Logitech actually durable?

• Hell yeah!
    • Hell naw!
    • Meh
    • Never owned a Logitech Mouse

Well the title does convey my question. But let me tell you why I am asking this:

Here is a list of mice that I have owned in the last 2 years:

• Logitech M171 (work/daily use, lasted around a year, no longer with me)
  • Logitech G300s (gaming, owned it for around 6 months)
  • Logitech M275 (current mouse, work/daily use, using it since December 2019)

All of these mice had/having the same problem: double click issues or the right click won't hold (for example when aiming down sights in games). Notice that the Logitech mice I have owned are having these problems in just under a year of ownership (coincidence? bad luck? faulty devices?). Now, its no problem for me to go and buy another one, but now I would obviously hesitate to buy something from Logitech.

I opened up my G300s, cleaned it with a brush and some alcohol, put it back together and used it without the issues till they came back again after a week.

How has your experience been with Logitech? Did you switch from some other brand to Logitech? Or did you move away from Logitech due to some reasons?

Of course not all of you would have had these issues, but it would still be great to have knowledge from this community.

Thank you.

I've used both the G502 and the G502 Hero for several years without any issues. And these were the times when i still played CS:GO and often smashed my mouse on my table 😅

Now i'm using a G Pro mouse and a G910 Keyboard.

Logitech peripherals always had the right feel and quality for me.

I was using Corsair peripherals for a few months in between but went back to logitech because the corsair stuff was pretty poor quality, especially for the price. With them you pay a lot for the 600 LED's in every device.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, ahmedbatty said:

Well the title does convey my question. But let me tell you why I am asking this:

Here is a list of mice that I have owned in the last 2 years:

• Logitech M171 (work/daily use, lasted around a year, no longer with me)
  • Logitech G300s (gaming, owned it for around 6 months)
  • Logitech M275 (current mouse, work/daily use, using it since December 2019)

All of these mice had/having the same problem: double click issues or the right click won't hold (for example when aiming down sights in games). Notice that the Logitech mice I have owned are having these problems in just under a year of ownership. Now, its no problem for me to go and buy another one, but now I would obviously hesitate to buy something from Logitech.

I opened up my G300s, cleaned it with a brush and some alcohol, put it back together and used it without the issues till they came back again after a week.

How has your experience been with Logitech? Did you switch from some other brand to Logitech? Or did you move away from Logitech due to some reasons?

Of course not all of you would have had these issues, but it would still be great to have knowledge from this community.

Thank you.

I've had a 300s, 602, 502, and now a 305. No issues whatsoever related to double clicking. Although my 502s cable got really frayed and destroyed

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I've used both the G502 and the G502 Hero for several years without any issues. And these were the times when i still played CS:GO and often smashed my mouse on my table 😅

I was using Corsair peripherals for a few months in between but went back to logitech because the corsair stuff was pretty poor quality, especially for the price. With them you pay a lot for the 600 LED's in every device.

Could totally relate with smashing my G502 Proteus...Smashing it soo much that the middle button click is gone, had to disable in software as it was very sensitive when using the scroll wheel. Overall, I am pretty happy with my Logitech mouse/keyboard products. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Could totally relate with smashing my G502 Proteus...Smashing it soo much that the middle button click is gone, had to disable in software as it was very sensitive when using the scroll wheel. Overall, I am pretty happy with my Logitech mouse/keyboard products. 

I guess even the best can't take it all :D

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I guess even the best can't take it all :D

I do have a G502 HERO waiting for me when my mouse does decide to go...and a new G513 Carbon GX Blue that I just picked up over the weekend. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

For the must part. They have had some issues with some products in the past, but always had great RMA service, so no big deal.

Got the MX518 (the new one) for about 1.5 years and it's great! The software sucks, but I run it without it, and it's great and it still looks like new.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

my mom has been using a Logitech office mouse still from 2009 and its beat up

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

*looks at m65 pro

ok I got it for like 30 or 40 usd in march.

but I still like because its such a big mouse

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I'd say it depends on the mouse, my G402s and G502 lasted decently long (and still work fine other than the middle mouse button, which I use a lot). My G Pro wired's side buttons started double clicking within less than 6 months of use, which was kind of weird. My G Pro Wireless which I'm currently still using hasn't had any issues with the buttons, but the scroll wheel acts weird sometimes. Durability aside though, Logitech's customer service is definitely one of the best and every time I have contacted them about any issues, they have replaced my mouse with a new one, so I'm not as bothered by the meh durability of some of their mice.

EDIT: I also have a G305 and a few G203/102s all of which work great, but I haven't used them long enough to get an idea of how durable they are.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 12/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, Stahlmann said:

I switched from Logitech to Corsair as well, spent more on the Corsair stuff and I miss my Logitech stuff. The Corsair keyboard isnt bad at all but The Dark Core RGB SE is a bit disappointing, the side buttons are poorly positioned compared to my Logitech mouse.