GameSpot reviewer who gave Cyberpunk a "Bad" rating is facing death threats!

Man

What the world is coming to? The review currently has 21k dislikes on YouTube and I bet most of these people haven't even "touched" the game, let alone spent 40+ hours like the reviewer! Sure, the review was somewhat politically motivated (to an extent) which I personally find distasteful but... death threats?! Besides, 7/10 rating isn't exactly 'bad', it's slightly above average, actually.

Even IGN gave it a score of 9/10 which is actually 0.5 below Fallout 4, a not so perfect RPG!

What a sad world we live in...

A 7 isn't "above average". Assuming it's the same as an NPS scale, a 7 is no different than a 1. Under that rating system, only 9s and 10s are considered "good". 

Still doesn't make death threads acceptable, though.

I mean the reviewer didn’t love the game. so What? Why would you care about it? You like it that’s good

by the way I think cyberpunk is a bit overrated   overhyped.

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

this is why people need to think out a rating system. 1 is terrible, 5 is sverage, 10 is great. I wish everyone used Arlo's 7pt scale, it makes you stop and think.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

And these people wonder why "gamers" are looked down upon. it's because of this shit.

"YOU DIDN'T LIKE THIS HYPED GAME THAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO"

Seriously, what the shit is wrong with people. This is why i do not refer to myself as a "gamer". it's synonymous with nothing but toxic as hell people. I'm simply a person who plays games in her downtime, it's not a lifestyle....

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 minutes ago, Arika S said:

And these people wonder why "gamers" are looked down upon. it's because of this shit.

"YOU DIDN'T LIKE THIS HYPED GAME THAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO"

Seriously, what the shit is wrong with people. This is why i do not refer to myself as a "gamer". it's synonymous with nothing but toxic as hell people. I'm simply a person who plays games in her downtime, it's not a lifestyle....

Why would I care how people look upon gamers? It is not even a homogenous group. I find this trend of making everything a "community" very very weird.

9 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

Why would I care how people look upon gamers? It is not even a homogenous group. I find this trend of making everything a "community" very very weird.

Hence the quotation marks.... There is certainly a sub sect of people who call themselves "gamers" like it's some kind of personality trait. 

Just look at the unironic "gamers rise up" movement, they see themselves as a victim to society. Then there's the "pc master race" cult who are no better with their superiority complex. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Hence the quotation marks.... There is certainly a sub sect of people who call themselves "gamers" like it's some kind of personality trait. 

Just look at the unironic "gamers rise up" movement, they see themselves as a victim to society. Then there's the "pc master race" cult who are no better with their superiority complex. 

The way "gamers" were slandered here in Germany they have more victim points than some other groups who claim to be victims 🤣. I don't care about that at all. I just play video games and be done with it.

3 hours ago, Mooshi said:

A 7 isn't "above average". Assuming it's the same as an NPS scale, a 7 is no different than a 1. Under that rating system, only 9s and 10s are considered "good". 

Still doesn't make death threads acceptable, though.

I fucking hate that scale so much.

It's not true that a 7 is the same as a 1 though.

0 to 6 means negative 1.

7 to 8 means 0.

9-10 means pus 1.

So giving it a 7 or 8 is the same as not giving it a rating at all. Giving it a 6 or lower is like saying it is bad.

But I don't think game reviewers use NPS.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

I feel like this can describe a lot of "communities" these days.

You're a gamer? Then you have to be completely obsessed and define everything by you playing games. You have to eat, breathe and shit games 100% of the time. You're not spending 50% or more of your income on games and gaming related merch? Then you're not a gamer.

You're a feminist? Then you have to be completely obsessed and define everything by gender. You have to eat and breathe feminism and shit on men 100% of the time. You're not spending 50% or more of your time talking about how bad men are or how oppressed you are? Then you are not a feminist.

You're black? Then you have to be completely obsessed with skin color. You have to eat, shit and shit for the black community. You're not spending 50% or more of your time talking about how oppressed you are or helping "a brother" out? Then you are not black.

You like make-up? Then you have to be completely obsessed with the make-up community. You have to eat, breath and shit mascara and drama 100% of the time. You're not spending 50% of your income on some makeup-guru's special brand of concealer? Then you are not into makeup.

Don't get me started on vegans...

I think people are desperate to "belong" to some community and find likeminded people, so when they do it quickly becomes their sole hobby and takes over all their time to the point where they don't really have anything else to talk about. They can no longer make the distinction between their hobby and themselves. Someone said something bad about the thing you like? Then it is a direct attack on you!

You can see it on this forum too. Some people are so obsessed with Linus that they want the same screw driver, they put quotes from Linus in their yearbook, they buy everything he pushes on them as sheep. Someone said something bad about Linus? Then it is their responsibility to defend him!

It's really fucking sad.

Reviews and score based reviews are all subjective anyway. You can't force someone to like a game.

Reminds me of Jim Sterling after he gave Breath of the Wild a 7. (there are many other such examples out there)

Issuing threats of any kind to someone who didn't enjoy something you think is good (likely before even trying it yourself), is never acceptable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Don't get me started on vegans...

I won't!

47 minutes ago, Benji said:

This, to me, is basically the next natural evolutionary stage of being on the internet and on social media. First threats, then the cancel culture once a person does something that you sliiightly disagree with and that goes against your "fan" being. (putting the fan back in fanatic, literally)

In my opinion, they do it because they feel safe and think nobody knows who they are and it's some sort of thrill to voice their disgusting opinion without facing the recoil. The most extreme in my opinion are the music artists fandoms. Once you dislike a single song that they like they start insulting and personally attacking you. And remember the song that everybody loved until they hear that the artist was never really into it? All of a sudden the entire fandom hates it. In my opinion, such extremist behaviour in online media deserves to be dragged to court. While you can throw useless, petty insults once, threats of any sort go way too far, and in my opinion, deserve to be juristically punished. The "freedom of speech" that people see has its limits and these limits have been overstepped severely since the advent of social media if you ask me.

As a long time user of Reddit; I couldn't agree more. Cancel culture has become a real problem, no matter if you're a celebrity or some anonymous user on the internet. 

I've made some sort of a "rep" on some subreddits where my comments get mass reported and downvoted, no matter what I say! Admittedly, I've said some 'polarizing' things, being a conservative, but that doesn't mean they've to dismiss my every opinion!

That's just how things are nowadays...

I don't get it. I don't fucking get it. What gives randos on the internet any right to get so pissed at some lowly game journalist that they feel the need to write death threats to them? 

Maybe it's because I still have a string of rationality and morality, but there was a point of time when you'd be beaten off the internet for even thinking about writing death threats. But I guess the internet's changed so dramatically that you have to follow the hivemind, otherwise you're worthy of being offed by a guillotine. 

I've been against the grain a lot. Anyone who knows me knows that a lot of things about me are at odds with each other. But you'll never catch me making a death threat because I lost an internet argument or because I disagree with someone. You know what I like to do? I like to talk about the topic at hand with my boyfriend, because then I can joke about it or just get past it. I'm not gonna make a fucking death threat because I can't suck up the fact that the world is filled with different people.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

>Reddit

Imagine my shock /s

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

monkeys throw with poop

humans with death threats

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I fucking hate that scale so much.

It's not true that a 7 is the same as a 1 though.

0 to 6 means negative 1.

7 to 8 means 0.

9-10 means pus 1.

So giving it a 7 or 8 is the same as not giving it a rating at all. Giving it a 6 or lower is like saying it is bad.

But I don't think game reviewers use NPS.

I have one of those jobs that uses it and when a customer gives an 8, it goes against us. Hate it so much. Yeah, 7-8 *should* mean 0, but I'm so used things below 9 being treated the same as a 1.

While I'm sure they aren't using NPS, it's dangerous to mix it with common sense because this is why people believe rating an 7 or 8 is the same as good.