How have people here managed to score an RTX 3000 GPU?

maizenblue

I've had zero luck finding one in stock anywhere in going on 3 months, yet I frequently hear about people who own one. My Question is how? For those here who've gotten one, how did you manage to get it. Blind luck? Scouring sites where they are sold 24/7? Auto notifications? Waiting in long lines in brick and mortar stores before they open? Spending a ton extra on a marked up one on Ebay or Amazon? I have yet to see a single one in stock anywhere. I dont care if its a 3070, 3080 or 3060 ti. Any of them would be a substantial upgrade for me. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

8 minutes ago, maizenblue said:

I've had zero luck finding one in stock anywhere in going on 3 months, yet I frequently hear about people who own one. My Question is how? For those here who've gotten one, how did you manage to get it. Blind luck? Scouring sites where they are sold 24/7? Auto notifications? Waiting in long lines in brick and mortar stores before they open? Spending a ton extra on a marked up one on Ebay or Amazon? I have yet to see a single one in stock anywhere. I dont care if its a 3070, 3080 or 3060 ti. Any of them would be a substantial upgrade for me. 

I don’t own one but I will have a 3060ti within the next 30 days. I live in Canada so I went to our closest thing to a MicroCenter and Back ordered an EVGA 3060ti. I paid $490 USD after tax which is pretty much the retail price and the next time it restocks they will send it to me. They said it will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 40 days.

I might or might not get one on Christmas.

My reasoning:
My dad - and his car - was suspiciously gone on the RTX 3060 Ti launch day.

elephants

1 minute ago, TJ93 said:

I don’t own one but I will have a 3060ti within the next 30 days. I live in Canada so I went to our closest thing to a MicroCenter and Back ordered an EVGA 3060ti. I paid $490 USD after tax which is pretty much the retail price and the next time it restocks they will send it to me. They said it will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 40 days.

The closest I got was buying a 3080 on tiger direct, paying for it. Only to have them email me later that it was backordered and might take up to a month to get. Then they cancelled the order 2 weeks later lol. I havent found anywhere else you can reserve one. The best I've seen is auto notify, and Ive never once been auto notified 2 months after signing up. 

Microcenter does show them in stock, but theres no way to reserve one, its first come first serve and I live 45 minutes away. I got there half an hour early on 3060ti launch day and the line already snaked around the parking lot with most of the GPUs already guaranteed with vouchers for the ones that had been there like 3 hours early. Im not THAT dedicated and dont have that kind of time to waste.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Buying the card before it is listed on the website cuz you know someone that works there has been a popular technique.

I haven't got one because I don't want them. But on stock radar it shows that yesterday the 3060 ti came into stock 55 times. So if you wan't to get anything right now download discord and join stock radar. 

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I bought two 3060 Tis on launch day by logging into the sites and making sure my card and address information was ready to go at checkout. I was expecting one or both to not arrive for whatever reason but to my surprise both came so managed to sell the other one to someone who hopefully needs it. Looking forward to playing Cyberpunk 2077!

Platform agnostic software engineer & small business owner. 

Not that hard if you don't care what aib card you want. Managed to get a 3070 on release day. Cards like 3080 strix and tuf very rarely restock and when they do it lasts may be 5 seconds on newegg. Newegg has been dropping at 4pm pst but they're forcing people to buy bundles now. I used the distill chrome plugin to track Newegg's site

Zotac was dropping cards on their site at usually around 6:35 pm pst, not sure if they're still doing that

There were some 3060tis up for several minutes on Newegg last week, haven't been looking much lately since I'm waiting for the rumored 3080ti now

I got an MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X OC using a twitter bot and google payment autofill. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Evga wait list

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

3090 FE from the very first Best Buy drop (October 9th), from notifications on the ATR discord (manual, the bots weren't working for Best Buy).

On 12/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, Fungal said:

Not that hard if you don't care what aib card you want. Managed to get a 3070 on release day. Cards like 3080 strix and tuf very rarely restock and when they do it lasts may be 5 seconds on newegg. Newegg has been dropping at 4pm pst but they're forcing people to buy bundles now. I used the distill chrome plugin to track Newegg's site

Zotac was dropping cards on their site at usually around 6:35 pm pst, not sure if they're still doing that

There were some 3060tis up for several minutes on Newegg last week, haven't been looking much lately since I'm waiting for the rumored 3080ti now

You were right. I logged onto Newegg right before 7PM EST and lo and behold right after 7 on a 3070 and a couple 3080s I saw an add to cart button. Of course when I went to add them to the cart I got some kind of error reading and the website was bogged down when I tried to refresh. By 7:06 all the add to cart buttons were gone and I came up empty handed, so obviously a lot of other people were doing the same thing or using bots. I'll give it a go again a few more days, but this is what Ive been wanting to find out when online retailers restock and this is the first one Ive got this info on. 

I dont think any of these GPUs will be widely available for the next 6 months, if ever, especially since crypto miners are after them.

EDIT: I also noticed stock radar didnt alert me to the GPUs until 7:08, after the GPUs were all gone, so it will probably only be good for finding out when sellers restock. 

4 hours ago, maizenblue said:

You were right. I logged onto Newegg right before 7PM EST and lo and behold right after 7 on a 3070 and a couple 3080s I saw an add to cart button. Of course when I went to add them to the cart I got some kind of error reading and the website was bogged down when I tried to refresh. By 7:06 all the add to cart buttons were gone and I came up empty handed, so obviously a lot of other people were doing the same thing or using bots. I'll give it a go again a few more days, but this is what Ive been wanting to find out when online retailers restock and this is the first one Ive got this info on. 

I dont think any of these GPUs will be widely available for the next 6 months, if ever, especially since crypto miners are after them.

EDIT: I also noticed stock radar didnt alert me to the GPUs until 7:08, after the GPUs were all gone, so it will probably only be good for finding out when sellers restock. 

Keep trying, the site is usually fine for their normal non launch-day drops. I checked to see how long things would last for a friend but I couldn't load the site either today. I'm guessing the reason was because they didn't stagger the drops as they had been doing, and they just dropped a ton of 3000 series gpus and zen3 cpus at the same time. The newegg twitter account has been announcing the drops about 10 minutes before. If you have an iphone, use apple pay in the app, otherwise i'd just have a newegg account with all info filled in. 

On 12/12/2020 at 1:26 AM, Fungal said:

Keep trying, the site is usually fine for their normal non launch-day drops. I checked to see how long things would last for a friend but I couldn't load the site either today. I'm guessing the reason was because they didn't stagger the drops as they had been doing, and they just dropped a ton of 3000 series gpus and zen3 cpus at the same time. The newegg twitter account has been announcing the drops about 10 minutes before. If you have an iphone, use apple pay in the app, otherwise i'd just have a newegg account with all info filled in. 

I havent had any luck. I've pretty much given up. I'll keep the stock radar going for now, but even when I was online and went directly to zotacs website the second the alert appeared, was able to add it to my cart and autofilled everything it was gone by the time I was done. The reality is that there is a massive GPU shortage overall at a time demand is at an all time high thanks to the CPU wars. You cant find any high end Nvidia cards, and its been that way for months. AMDs 6000 series was also a paper launch. About the only high end cards I've seen anywhere at MSRP are AMDs 5700, and I have a gsync monitor so thats a no go. 

Im not in a hurry anyway since I have until bf6 is released in the fall to get a decent GPU, and itll probably take that long the way things are looking. 

Trying living in Japan - loads of 3060 Tis, 3070s, not so many 3080s but still possible and loads of 3090s. It’s the AMD cards that are still hard to get here although I managed to pick up a 6800 through some good fortune.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G