Project xCloud confirmed for iOS and Windows

VixAAT

Summary

Project xCloud has been announced for iOS, iPadOS and Windows for release in Spring 2021. 

It has already been released on Xbox Consoles and Android devices. This streaming service works without having an Xbox. On iOS it will be used through the web browser instead of having an app on the App Store, where Apple's strict rules have made difficult for game streaming apps to exist on iOS. It is using the same method as a competitor, Nvidia GeForce Now.

Quotes

But on iOS, Apple had told Microsoft it would have to submit each game to the App Store individually, rather than having a wide selection in a single app.

Microsoft felt that was not feasible and previously hinted it would find another way to bring the service to iPhones and iPads.

My thoughts

Loss for Apple, but it is better for consumers which is kind of Microsoft's plan to make themselves more consumer friendly with the Xbox franchise.

Sources

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55249358

Apple trying hard to keep those walls up.  It's basically the equivalent of an employer who knows they cannot fire you, so they just try and make your life hell to make you quit instead. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Apple trying hard to keep those walls up.  It's basically the equivalent of an employer who knows they cannot fire you, so they just try and make your life hell to make you quit instead. 

Also known as constructive dismissal, and very much illegal.

Like the others, your latency is only as good as your ping..

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

What I find odd is that since they have to go through the work to make it usable through a browser, why aren’t they also doing that for PCs?  It would be less work to run it all that way.  If I was using a pc to play I might run it through the MacOS browser anyway.  Less BS and phoning home.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

It may be illegal but that only matters if it can be prosecuted, and without a union, generally it can’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

43 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What I find odd is that since they have to go through the work to make it usable through a browser, why aren’t they also doing that for PCs?  It would be less work to run it all that way.  If I was using a pc to play I might run it through the MacOS browser anyway.  Less BS and phoning home.

Every type of remote play/remote desktop style app i have tried has worked infinitely better with a dedicated program than through a browser.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

What’s next xCloud on Xbox? ;)

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

19 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Yeah it's illegal supposedly, but in the UK at least it costs a serious amount of money to take employers to a tribunal for unfair dismissal etc... which obviously low wage earners can't afford so the employers that use these tactics get away with it all the time :(

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini