May I Address Some Insensitivity?

KageSong

Okay. So Linus likes to say "my rights end where yours begin". He also likes to make fun of people who use stones for spiritual purposes. Some of you may already see that disappointment, but let me clarify.

I am Pagan, which is an umbrella that includes many religions that are officially recognized by many governments. Many Pagans use stones for spiritual means just as Christians prayer, and Buddhists meditate. I think it's far past time to realize that even though these comments are meant to tease about a fad, they are as insensitive as saying "It's silly to go to church and pray".

Thank you for your time. I'd like to see discussion on this topic, but it's mainly just a rant.

For me, it's always been " Your rights end where mine begin". As far as religions and/or beliefs go, follow and practice what you are free to do. Just don't step on my toes stating what or who I follow/pray to doesn't exist. In the end, we will all know the truth.

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

7 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

For me, it's always been " Your rights end where mine begin". As far as religions and/or beliefs go, follow and practice what you are free to do. Just don't step on my toes stating what or who I follow/pray to doesn't exist. In the end, we will all know the truth.

I can get behind this. That's my problem that upsets me every time Linus starts teasing about shunganite.

2 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

This thread will end well.

I'm actually hoping some people will take it seriously. The more sensitive we are to others beliefs, the better the world can be.

I mean, I try not to be dismissive of people's beliefs, but I don't know what the quote about rights has to do with anything. It's not an issue of rights/freedom. The freedom to practice and believe what you want includes the freedom to not believe in it and think it's BS. That doesn't mean expressing that opinion is always the best thing to do, but it's an issue of tact and respect, not rights. Dismissiveness of religion isn't a denial of freedom. 

1 hour ago, KageSong said:

I'm actually hoping some people will take it seriously. The more sensitive we are to others beliefs, the better the world can be.

I never noticed his statements you proclaim.  

They're probably jokes. If not, who cares? 

This is prolly b8. 

Welcome to the internet. Sorry your beliefs and feelings are not being validated by others.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

And? Linus is Linus. You don't need to listen to him if you don't want to. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you think that everyone should think the same thing and believe the same thing you do, maybe reevaluate the whole rights thing. and remember, a joke is a joke. and as long as the enjoyment derived from it is more than the offensiveness, I see no problem.

2 hours ago, KageSong said:

they are as insensitive as saying "It's silly to go to church and pray".

I see no problem with anyone saying that, nor saying something like that about your Pagan belief

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

-= Topic Locked =-

Simply put there are to types of discussions in forums that do not go well, Politics and Religion.

Fortunately for me our Community Standards makes this a simple problem to approach.

• No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and religious debates
  • No political content, regardless of your views.
    • If something spans politics and tech, the discussion must remain clearly within tech and must not descend into politics
    • This covers all parts of the site, including status updates

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER