Are you Loyal to Apple !!!

K2theC
5 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

You shouldn't listen to Rossman he doesn't have a clue about engineering as shown when the bike he built blew up.

I have to give limited defense of Rossman that is not dissimilar from my limited defense of MLID.  They have their uses.  The danger comes in listening to EVERYTHING they say instead of just some of it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

49 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I have to give limited defense of Rossman that is not dissimilar from my limited defense of MLID.  They have their uses.  The danger comes in listening to EVERYTHING they say instead of just some of it.

Thats not exactly the most fair comparison, MLID is a rumor conspiracy theory clickbait channel.  Rossman actually contributes to the tech industry, except those loyal to apple don't like him.

2 hours ago, zhnu said:

Mmm not on my country it isn't compared to last year.

Mac Mini 2018 base spec MSRP of $799 with 128GB of storage upgraded to 256GB in 2020. M1 Mac Mini base MSRP $699 

2 hours ago, zhnu said:

Just plainly no.

Um yes they are a lot easier to work with than standard phillips.

2 hours ago, zhnu said:

They're bricked like I said and 2018 < 2020, in Europe they're forced 2y warranty by law in several other countries no.

Here you go one of the sites referring to this issue (It's only one of them). https://mrmacintosh.com/10-15-4-supplemental-update-bricking-small-number-of-t2-macs/

Then why did they extend it to 4 years worldwide?

Do you even read past the headline:

Can the dead Mac be brought back to life? YES!

That is not "bricked" or "dying". It's also a very small number of Mac and old news. It's not even the current version of MacOS.

2 hours ago, zhnu said:

More convenient not having a choice of course it is.

I think IP68 water resistance is more convenient. I have a pair of solid wired headphones but any decent pair won't have a nice time being driven by a phone so you're not getting good sound out of a phone so why not go wireless? It's infinitely better for any situation where you're not sat stationary.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Can the dead Mac be brought back to life? YES!

can 100%say that has happend

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I use two Macs: Mac Mini 2011, iMac G5 2.0 GHz.

Mac Mini for modern things, iMac G5 for nostalgia (iMac I used when I was 2-3)

elephants

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Thats not exactly the most fair comparison, MLID is a rumor conspiracy theory clickbait channel.  Rossman actually contributes to the tech industry, except those loyal to apple don't like him.

Ah.  So believe rossman but don’t believe MLID.  It could be argued that they both contribute, or that neither contributes, but it doesn’t matter.  They both have unusual data sources which are of limited but non-zero value, and they do so for their own reasons.  I personally would say be careful with anything you find in either place.  What they produce is not always totally worthless though.  What either of them say often bears thinking about.  Not always.  What needs to be weighed is how correct and how relevant each is in each instance.  Rossman has more reliable data, but he relays data for his own reasons which is specifically for the good of his business.  MLID’s business is literally relaying data, but the data he relays is less reliable.  On the whole I would say raw data from Rossman is more likely to be much more accurate, but the conclusions he draws from that data can be even more misleading.  both are effectively sub 100%.  Hence similarity.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:36 AM, fpo said:

I was but then Google released a phone for half the price of the cheapest iphone 12 & all the other iPhones in between were too big imo. 

ther is the iphone se...

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

49 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

ther is the iphone se...

Too big. 

Just now, fpo said:

Too big. 

huh, i thought it was really small.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 11/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, Vishera said:

Also that power supply is sweet :D

yeah the psu is very nice. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

No, but I respect Woz and the engineers they hold back.  I'm not really loyal to any company outside of joking about being an id fanboy.  My problem with Apple, and why I don't use their devices is their ridiculous logic on price to performance.   There's also this misconception that they're better for everyone doing any form of pro work.   For what I do, dual booting between Windows 10 and openSUSE is the superior option.  Now, for certain forms of editing they're not that bad.   However, the marketing and poor price to performance in a lot of cases, over engineering and logical pricing, is my biggest complaint about them and even why Woz distanced himself.  I do also get annoyed with their marketing when it dictates trends with phones too.  They lied about why the removed the  headphone jack, and then all the other phone makers started jumping on that bandwagon.   Oh boy, dongle city and worse audio quality is lovely.  Partly why I refuse to upgrade my phone.    <.<   But, even with all that aside I just don't have a use for an Apple device.

The price/performance issue has been hitting Apple hard for a very long time in a lot of places and they’re just not learning.   Sure, they’ve got a better OS, but it isn’t THAT much better anymore, and as you point out it isn’t better at all for everything.  They can’t keep selling mid grade equipment for top grade prices and think that by limiting available equipment quality they’re limiting the top end.  They aren’t. They’re just limiting it for THEIR products.  They may have a top end cpu here for a little while, if only in a specific niche.  Maybe they’ll learn something.

Edited by Bombastinator

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, if you want massive support you still need Windows.   As for better it honestly depends on what you're doing.  If you're doing rendering via SW like Blender openSUSE, a Linux distro, is actually better than both.

It all depends.  Linux has gotten to the ease of use point windows was around 2000 or so, without all the cruft.  Or different less secretive cruft anyway.  I remember a quote sun made about Solaris once “it’s a hairball, but it’s our hairball”. Back in the 90’s Apple lived on the steepness of the learning curve.  This doesn’t seem to have changed.  It’s gotten lower for everything though.