Are you Loyal to Apple !!!

K2theC
On 11/23/2020 at 6:26 AM, Lord Vile said:

You can go to them because of experience and reputation but loyalty would mean you’re just going to them for the logo without anything to back it up which some people do but they aren’t a significant number.

thats right.

I use Microsoft Office, but you wouldn't say I'm loyal to Microsoft just because MS Office is better for my use case or it's a great product

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

1 minute ago, wall03 said:

thats right.

I use Microsoft Office, but you wouldn't say I'm loyal to Microsoft just because MS Office is better for my use case or it's a great product

Yup I use YouTube so therefore I'm loyal to google whilst slating them for being creepy fucks.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

19 minutes ago, fpo said:

I was but then Google released a phone for half the price of the cheapest iphone 12 & all the other iPhones in between were too big imo. 

My issue with price with phones is support. If you buy an iPhone for £1000 and they support it for 5 years it's £200 per year, if you buy an android for £500 and it's supported for 2 years you're paying £250 per year.

6 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

My issue with price with phones is support. If you buy an iPhone for £1000 and they support it for 5 years it's £200 per year, if you buy an android for £500 and it's supported for 2 years you're paying £250 per year.

Iphone is the best but I just got the Google one cuz they have good support lifetime too and I don't do anything but text really. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Yup I use YouTube so therefore I'm loyal to google whilst slating them for being creepy fucks.

Google isn't forcing you to use youtube.

8 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Thats still being loyal to a company.

I could buy a Pixel phone for $300-400 or a Samsung for $700, or Nokia for $250-300, and use it for 5 years. I don't have any benefit from the latest OS with some feature I won't use, apps will still get updates.

NO I am not loyal to Apple but when using my iPhone 6 i understand why people are

with Apple you buy a device and it just works and it''s tightly integrated into and ecosystem.

wanna get a picture from your phone to your tablet or laptop? sure just Airdrop it  ( good luck trying that on Windows )

the UI looks modern and smooth even on older devices

the devices mostly look and feel "premium"

and if you bought an iPhone and happily used it , why switch?

that are some factors I thought of

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Google isn't forcing you to use youtube.

List an alternative?

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Thats still being loyal to a company.

I could buy a Pixel phone for $300-400 or a Samsung for $700, or Nokia for $250-300, and use it for 5 years. I don't have any benefit from the latest OS with some feature I won't use, apps will still get updates.

I don't think you understand the what loyal means. Also use price per supported year rather than total cost is a fair way of judging the price of a product. It effects the usability of the device as well as the potential resale value. For example the galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G model at an A grade on CEX will net you £315 (256GB) or £342 (512GB) for a trade in off a £1000 purchase, bearing in mind this is the exynos variant, the iPhone 11 Pro Max would get you £450 for the 64GB from £1100. bearing in mind the phones came out about a month apart. CEX also sell the Note 10 for £685 and sell the iPhone for £900.

Not loyal for everything, but I've been using iPhones for a few generations now, 3GS --> 5S --> 8, but could see myself going with an Android next time, don't know yet. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

" Apple designs their products well. "

If Louis Rossmann taught me anything, is that they are beautifully designed... As far as the form goes. But awfully designed as far as everything else. Form over function has been the norm for Apple products for a while now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It's all run by child labor slaves. They keep getting a slap on the wrist and promise not to do it anymore.  How many times has Apple been busted?

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

On 11/23/2020 at 1:17 PM, Arika S said:

I'm not loyal to any brand. I believe it's stupid to be loyal to any brand.

hence my signature.

Speaking about your signature, it should be "by its own merits" -- you have a stray apostrophe there that doesn't belong.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

wow, it really is a small world after all.  I actually know this person and from Australia too. 

About 14 years ago, I used to play this evil game together and the Tower of Babel is trying to resurrect, but will collapse for good this time.  Unfortunately, they are trying to recruit and steal some helpless souls along they way, but nothing can be done and won't be many

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Wow guys I didn't know my one post would get so many responses.

Thanks a ton...

I'll be real here, Apple hate is pretty played out. I almost considered going Apple years ago after being sick of Windowsisms. Wouldn't say they are the best, but they are nice to look at. What I do feel that is valid criticism is what is the point of aesthetic when you depend on the eyesoar of dongles to get functionality? Equally concerning is their lack of serviceability.

Let’s be clear. There are just as many people (if not more - especially on this forum) that are “loyal” to Android, or NVIDIA, or AMD, or Corsair, or whatever. 

Fanboys exist everywhere. Let’s not pretend like the Enthusiast PC community is immune, because that’s being willfully ignorant at best. 

For me? I’m loyal to no brand. I have an iPhone. It’s my second - and because of my positive experiences, I will almost certainly get another when the time comes. 

Outside of that? I don’t dislike or hate macOS but I do prefer Windows. Some Apple products are absolutely excellent. Some are pure garbage. The vast majority of them are somewhere in between. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 11/23/2020 at 3:03 AM, K2theC said:

Hey Tech Enthusiasts,
Greetings!

We are a group of 5 students doing a research for our Marketing research class (PGDM 20-22, Greatlakes Institute of management, Chennai).

We are taking a quick survey to understand what has made Apple, the brand that it is today. We would love to hear the LinusTechTips community take on the subject. It would be of great help to our study.
Request you to spare a few minutes for the same and answer the questions in the link below.

https://forms.gle/SRxjvGqny6eQbHTQ9

Thank you!

Apple is great for my 72 year old mother who has no concept of internet etiquette and will open any and all scam/phisher/shady websites because she can't tell what's legit and what's not. 

Apple is also great for creatives who have no concept of how computers work and buy into "Tim Apple" saying bullshit like "magical" and "extraordinary" in their keynotes of overheating shitboxes of slow laptops. But it looks and feels premium and it doesn't crash....

In all seriousness, I hate apple's hardware decisions (fuck you T2 chip!) but I think for "general computing" MacOS is better than the design clusterfuck having an identity crisis that is Windows 10. 

Back to my total disdain of Apple's marketing machine: What the fuck is happening here?? Fuck Apple's marketing team, seriously. Fuck those guys circle jerking themselves in that giant cock ring of a building.

Capture2.JPG

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

2 hours ago, Action_Johnson said:

Back to my total disdain of Apple's marketing machine: What the fuck is happening here?? Fuck Apple's marketing team, seriously. Fuck those guys circle jerking themselves in that giant cock ring of a building.

They're being cheeky. Surely Apple is allowed a sense of humour!

It's funny: I have mostly Apple products and have no intention of switching, but I'm not sure I'd call myself fiercely loyal. I know what Windows PCs, Android phones and smartwatches would be on my short list if someone told me I had to ditch Apple gear right now. I'm just not a huge fan of the other ecosystems, particularly Google's poor Android update policies.

Here’s a thought that might be useful and might just merely derail you: there I think are similarities between Apple and Chrysler.  Not Chrysler now, but like pre 1960’s Chrysler.  Before they got in financial trouble that led to their first bailout in the 60’s.

Chrysler used to be a tech company. Like super high tech break the mold industry leading major advancements kind of stuff.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I wouldn't say I'm emotionally attached or brand loyal to apple, I don't buy any of their desktop products, but their  Mobile products are great IMO, you do pay an "apple fee" but im okay with it

On 11/27/2020 at 6:36 AM, fpo said:

I was but then Google released a phone for half the price of the cheapest iphone 12 & all the other iPhones in between were too big imo. 

my hands are to fucking big for anything besides the s20 or apple largest size, i wish my hands were smaller.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

8 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I wouldn't say I'm emotionally attached or brand loyal to apple, I don't buy any of their desktop products, but their  Mobile products are great IMO, you do pay an "apple fee" but im okay with it

my hands are to fucking big for anything besides the s20 or apple largest size, i wish my hands were smaller.

Ask Linus to swap haha. 

Hey guys...thanks for so many responses.

We are on the cusp of completing the survey, just 30 more responses required.

I feel like many people are stressing on our word "Loyal".

To be clear our only criteria for filling the form is if you have owned or currently own an apple product!

Thanks for your support again...

https://forms.gle/SRxjvGqny6eQbHTQ9

On 11/28/2020 at 4:13 AM, TetraSky said:

" Apple designs their products well. "

If Louis Rossmann taught me anything, is that they are beautifully designed... As far as the form goes. But awfully designed as far as everything else. Form over function has been the norm for Apple products for a while now.

You shouldn't listen to Rossman he doesn't have a clue about engineering as shown when the bike he built blew up.

7 minutes ago, zhnu said:

Rossman is an very above average electronics repairman,

As an electronics tech myself no he isn't. He's extremely average if not below. I would not be surprised if a large portion of his business is repairing stuff that's been brought to him before and hasn't been properly fixed, but hey it's easier to blame the manufacturer than to fault find correctly.

and he's right on the money when he says that's apple designs form over function, ain't that hard to find examples of this here's some.

Mac m1 mini doesn't make sense the waste of space inside.

It does make sense they uses the old tooling to keep costs down.

Proprietary screws.

I don't get this, every good toolkit has the bits for these screws and the screws are so small that even if they were phillips you'd need to buy a toolkit anyway

Same electronics design flaws between generations.

Such as? Obviously nothings perfect and tolerances are a thing but I'm familiar with Rossman's claims and if they were true Apple would be swapping out multiple Macs in their stores daily from them dying spontaneously. 

Throttling on older models because no adequate heat sink was chosen.

They stay above base therefore don't throttle.

Removing connectivity ports for the sake of it.

Which ones? On the M1 Mini? The M1 doesn't have enough I/O for the extra TB3 ports/10 Gig Lan.

1 hour ago, zhnu said:

Yes and the savings are passed on to who? Not you and me certainly.

The M1 mac Mini is $100 cheaper...

1 hour ago, zhnu said:

I don't get why is the need for security screws when you have things like torx why reinvent the wheel.

They're harder to strip?

1 hour ago, zhnu said:

No rossman works on what's on shop, US market is a big apple market, really apple would be swapping out multiple macs? Like when they made the butterfly keyboard did they recall all of them? Or how about the most recent macs dying after an OS upgrade because it fails to flash properly, bricking the T2.

Are you joking or really don't know?

I don't think you got my point, if what he said was true Macs on display in the apple shop would pack in constantly. They extended the warranty of the keyboard you don't need a recall when the issue isn't serious or dangerous.

Well this is kinda embarrasing for you, there are some issues with older MacBook Pros from 2013/14 but the T2 chip wasn't put into any MacBooks until 2018 Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support The Macs also aren't dead you can get them recovered at an apple store even if the issue is with the T2 chip.

1 hour ago, zhnu said:

Crazy things like USB ports, and audio jacks.

You mean the IO issue I've already stated? Also guessing you mean the jack on the iPhone. Get over it already it's not useful on a phone Bluetooth is more convenient