Would you upgrade your GPU or buy PS5

Noel Immanual

Hi all

I have been contemplating about this question as the topic suggest.

Upgrading your GPU allows me to play games in higher resolution and frame rates.

But buying a PS5 i get to play exclusive games that might not be out on PC

What would you guys choose?

2 minutes ago, Noel Immanual said:

Hi all

Upgrading your GPU allows me to play games in higher resolution and frame rates.

I am a PC loyalist so...

16 minutes ago, Noel Immanual said:

Hi all

Well, consoles suck... pcmr for ever

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

There aren't any real PS5 exclusives that aren't on PC, the only major one is Spiderman Miles Morales. But if you have a PS4 it is backwards compatible with that so you don't need a PS5.

It really depends entirely on you.

• Do you have friends that play on PS that you can play with? Do you care?
  • Are any of the PS exclusives things you'd want to play?

If you answer yes to either of those, then I probably would. Again, though, it's your choice. No one here can really help you with that.

3 minutes ago, JayBe said:

Well, consoles suck... pcmr for ever

Oh God...

We don't support Nazis here 😛

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

18 minutes ago, Noel Immanual said:

Hi all

Upgrade the video card in Phantom PC.  

lol. 

WTH are the PC specs man?

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Oh God...

We don't support Nazis here

i am not quite sure whether you called me a nazi because of that "pcmr for ever" statement or because of my set location .... :'D

either way, *cough* consoles *cough* suck *cough*

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

26 minutes ago, dizmo said:

We don't support Nazis here 😛

i appreciate not getting ddosd when i beat someon, console community is toxic asf, after the xbox 360 booting community i never bought any more console games, or another console and never thought about it. yes i know, get a vpn, but the community is extremely toxic in general.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

13 minutes ago, JayBe said:

i am not quite sure whether you called me a nazi because of that "pcmr for ever" statement or because of my set location .... :'D

either way, *cough* consoles *cough* suck *cough*

Haha, actually I didn't even notice your location. But where do you think PCMR comes from?

It's a sarcastic jab at gamers that they took and ran with. It was never meant as something good.

4 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

i appreciate not getting ddosd when i beat someon, console community is toxic asf, after the xbox 360 booting community i never bought any more console games, or another console and never thought about it. yes i know, get a vpn, but the community is extremely toxic in general.

Not always. I've found just as many toxic people on PC. I've also ran into far more cheaters on PC than on console.

15 years of console play, I never once got DDOS'd. So maybe that's something about you.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, actually I didn't even notice your location.

Well, guess you put your foot in your mout there :P or as we germans say "schön ins fettnäpfchen getreten" :D

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

But where do you think PCMR comes from?

It's a sarcastic jab at gamers that they took and ran with. It was never meant as something good.

yeah, i know, and i meant it the way it was meant to be ;)

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Not always. I've found just as many toxic people on PC.

understandable, maybe its me not playing large open mic games like black ops or modern warfare anymore

I've also ran into far more cheaters on PC than on console.

thats expected, but something im willing to deal with, only modders ive had issues with are in gtav

I never once got DDOS'd. So maybe that's something about you.

your lucky lmfao, i got hit off for 12 hours at one point after a 5v5 cod match back on xbox 360

AMD blackout rig

i´ve had the wide part of it all .. a pc and the consoles, but i actually think this year, will be the end of having both consoles for me.. i might buy an xbox to get the most out of my gamepass, but it will be a pass on PS5 for me, unless there is this "ONE" game that is going to sell it for me...

for me on the ps3 it was uncharted, on ps4 the same... but there are not games on the PS5 that i really look that much forward to. 

so currently i´m rocking a 3080 so i guess my answer is in that 😉

9 minutes ago, JayBe said:

Well, guess you put your foot in your mout there :P or as we germans say "schön ins fettnäpfchen getreten" :D

yeah, i know, and i meant it the way it was meant to be ;)

No, not really. I'd have said the same thing. "PCMR" is a sarcastic joke, and anyone that takes that mentality is kind of pathetic.

8 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

understandable, maybe its me not playing large open mic games like black ops or modern warfare anymore

thats expected, but something im willing to deal with, only modders ive had issues with are in gtav

your lucky lmfao, i got hit off for 12 hours at one point after a 5v5 cod match back on xbox 360

I don't think I've actually heard of any of my friends getting DDOSed before, either.

🤷‍♂️

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Just now, dizmo said:

I don't think I've actually heard of any of my friends getting DDOSed before, either.

🤷‍♂️

we must be on different sides of the console spectrum lmfao

i was into the full kyle competitive BO2 smashing xbox controllers and shit, i was playing with the people who COD was their life.

AMD blackout rig

Console is very viable if you are strapped for cash, you need to easily spend around 1k to really be playing these next gen games at really good performance (whole system), that includes getting a 144hz monitor as they now support 120FPS.

I play both console and PC, there is no real winner.

Community is toxic on both sides, this is what happens when gaming is so mainstream.

PS5 / XBOX Series X equivelent build. Minus Ray Tracing.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($334.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($94.49 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card  ($384.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D- Wired Optical Mouse  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Razer Kraken X 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1767.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-12 02:39 EST-0500

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

25 minutes ago, dizmo said:

No, not really.

The "foot in your mouth" thing was referred to calling me a nazi, as a german :'D

26 minutes ago, dizmo said:

"PCMR" is a sarcastic joke, and anyone that takes that mentality is kind of pathetic.

and as said  before ,i know.. and it was meant that way

Perhaps double down and get a really really great "future proof" pc that'll last a very long time.

Consoles dont last long, always buying a new one every so often.

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

the xbox 360

Tbf that was really much worse on xbox, playing the same games I found a lot more nice ppl on ps3, xbox has always been pure toxic to me, and that includes the poor UI, creepy avatars and max volume Toyata ads... 

Tho the ddos stuff was also going on on ps3, only for few applications however. 

(and I always called these ppl xbots, because that's what they were, they hated everything Playstation lol) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

Tbf that was really much worse on xbox, playing the same games I found a lot more nice ppl on ps3, xbox has always been pure toxic to me, and that includes the poor UI, creepy avatars and max volume Toyata ads... 

Tho the ddos stuff was also going on on ps3, only for few applications however. 

(and I always called these ppl xbots, because that's what they were, they hated everything Playstation lol) 

i guess xbox is not doing p2p connection anymore so that should remove the ddos issue almost entirely (thank god) 

ive never had issues with the UI, the avatars from 360 are a litteral meme now and i love it, toyota go brrrrt

ive never played on playstation sadly, idrc what console it is as long as it works and works well

AMD blackout rig

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

console

I buy every console that comes out

Then in no time they go on top of the pile, with their corresponding games.

Can't remember the last time I actually played, I think it was the VR that lasted a day or two, literally not even joking.

4 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

idrc what console it is as long as it works and works well

Well the "community" was very different, I played a lot more on ps obviously, xbox was and still is an offline only console to me, then it's quite 'ok' imo. 

5 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

i guess xbox is not doing p2p connection anymore

Umm, how does this work for p2p games like fighting games etc then? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

Umm, how does this work for p2p games like fighting games etc then? 

this is more referring to how they connect to each other, instead of each xbox connecting to one another, they will connect to a server instead, so you wont be able to pull ip's of your playing with but the server itself

AMD blackout rig

Upgrade GPU.

There's no chance I'm going pay a subscription to use my internet, pay 70 euros per game, buy new controllers even though I already own 3 perfectly good ones, not be able to use kb+m in games that are made for them, give up modding, lose the ability to refund a game I downloaded, and so on. 

The only way I can see myself getting a PS5 is on a massive discount, and only if it has multiplayer exclusives I absolutely must play. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.