What Desk Do You Use?

Aleks

i design gaming desks in 3d using sketch-up, i've designed quiet a few and if you like i can show you some screen shots,they're huge, if you have any specific requirements i can maybe build a 3d modle for you as a refrence

I use a custom National furniture L-shaped desk that is made of 100% all solid cherry oak wood, this desk is massive and weighs in at 1250 pounds.This desk measures at 29H X 34D X 74W on the big side and the smaller side is 29H X 30D X 62W. The price for this baby was $3999.99 USD

IMAG0085_zps83852385.jpg

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Iv got the ikea expedit desk + 4x2 bookcase on the end, plus a lack shelf and some other piece of wood holding it up to make a hutch.

EhFXw4N.jpg

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

i design gaming desks in 3d using sketch-up, i've designed quiet a few and if you like i can show you some screen shots,they're huge, if you have any specific requirements i can maybe build a 3d modle for you as a refrence

That would properly be awesome but they would never believe us with the whole "made in india" bit ;)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I'm using a very simple and decently cheap desk for my three monitors and my Obsidian 900D.

otx8vCV.jpg?1

It's basically just two drawer-section-things with wheels from IKEA and a wooden board resting on top.

Only downside is that you need to be wary about where you put the weight, and have the heavy things on top of the drawer sections, and the lighter stuff in the middle.

That would properly be awesome but they would never believe us with the whole "made in india" bit ;)

true 

true 

;-) sorry, could'n't help but make that joke;-)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

It should serve you well. I don't own that desk, but once assembled, Ikea's stuff is relatively bomb proof. Though I always seem to end up with parts to spare...
I certainly wouldn't treat it like a bouncy castle, but for holding a handful of monitors, your respective peripherals and a normally sized computer easily.

Too much is never enough.

It should serve you well. I don't own that desk, but once assembled, Ikea's stuff is relatively bomb proof. Though I always seem to end up with parts to spare...

I certainly wouldn't treat it like a bouncy castle, but for holding a handful of monitors, your respective peripherals and a normally sized computer easily.

Sweet, Thanks dude!

@Aleks that desk you posted is exactly what I'm looking for xD Sadly New Zealand still lacks Ikea ._. I think I'll have to get it shipped in.

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Hey, at least you're not from the United States... I probably would lie and say I'm from Canada or something. Man, I gotta learn to do accents like a Scottish one or something. Also, the one thing that pops up in my head about Sweden is how supposedly peaceful, nice, and neutral it is, especially compared to I don't know, Italy, France, England, Russia, China, US, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, and more.

A Patrick Stewart accent or a Huddersfield accent would be awesome and hilarious when people will stare at me like I had a stroke or something. By the way, strokes are not funny, m'kay?

[--Vid--

I've got the swedish version of that dialect... If i really get it going then only the people from the area can understand me. 

Anyways since this turned into a pic thread i thought i'd post mine aswell. 

Ikea galant corner desk with round extenders.

2013-07-02204440_zpsd9924167.jpg

deskv4_zps0dcb8c06.png

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I've got the swedish version of that dialect... If i really get it going then only the people from the area can understand me. 

Yeah, soeh... Skåne? ;)

Too much is never enough.

Yeah, soeh... Skåne? ;)

Nope xD a bit outside trollhättan. A small village with some serious dialect issues  ;)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Instead of a traditional office desk, which can be quite expensive, I went with a countertop from Ikea. It's a lot cheaper than a traditional office desk of this size and also strong enough to support a triple monitor setup.

Countertop: http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/catalog/products/50202171/

Legs (x6): http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/catalog/products/90217972/#/70217973

My monitor arm is the NewStar FPMA-D700D3

I also have one of these mounted in my desk: http://www.delock.com/produkte/F_247_extern_61989/merkmale.html

I see i'm not the only one i have the exact same counter top and legs for my computer desk.

Cause i couldn't find a desk in the size i needed for a reasonable price.

Oh and word of advice if you need to carry it up some stairs.

Get some one to help you carry it cause its quite heavy.

I use galant from ikea. you can get it in many different configurations

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

I use this baby, but instead of a light wood it's a black powder coated finish. Easily room for dual monitors of the longer side and a little side table for other bits (currently a curry).

A simple wooden desk I've had for as long as I can remember. It's 120cm x 75cm, so not really intended for a 3-monitor setup and a 750D but I only own a single 21" monitor so it's fine for me. If the monitors were mounted the wall the 750D were placed on the floor it would be big enough for me.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

A huge wooden desk (about 170cm x 80cm) made about a mile from where I live. I personally find mass produced furniture like ikea horribly boring when you can get hand made furniture with a local history for a pretty good price. 

I've got a wooden desk that I've had for many, many years. It's an L-Shape desk for use in a office space, so it has a very large area to work with. It's too big for my liking and I hate facing the corner of my room. I'm looking into getting a newer desk big enough to support 3 monitors in the future :P

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Anyways since this turned into a pic thread i thought i'd post mine aswell. 

Ikea galant corner desk with round extenders.

Whats that bottle of blashemy you have on the desk?

Whats that bottle of blashemy you have on the desk?

Some swill i've long since stopped drinking? And might i say i feel a lot better now. Baaah

Some swill i've long since stopped drinking? And might i say i feel a lot better now. Baaah

Good man! Sugar free crap will send you to hell.